HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:28 AM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
You CAN'T be an 'anti Christian' Agnostic...
Oh, I quite disagree. One's belief in a diety of any sort (or not) doesn't prevent you from being absolutely, totally disgusted with Christianity, Isalm, Judaism, etc.

I always felt that if I "believed in Jesus" I would be enormously offended by what has been done in his name, ranging from the obvious things like the Crusades and the Inquisition and the rape of the indigenous people (both figuratively and literally) to the gross commercialization of Chistmas and the moral hypocrisy of so many of the clergy.
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:29 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1;15881425[B
]The Great White Throne Judgement Seat comes from the Bible[/B], not from LcJ.
At the end of Christ's reign down here, He will judge men and women who were not part of the 1st Resurrection. Those judged at the 2nd Resurrection will have their day before Christ.
For those who don't believe evidence of the Bible, i remind them that Jerusalem, Israel, and the Jews still exist today....against all odds, against all persecution, against the ways of the world. When those 3 things cease to exist, the unbelievers will have won this battle.
So it's a nonsense then - invented and made up by folks a couple of Millenia back!

To your second point - what on earth does that 'prove' (apart from nothing at all) - someone wins a million dollars or more every week on the lottery here 'against all odds' and so what?

You'll need to come up with at least a semi-convincing argument before I'm likely to be swayed and the above just isn't it!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:33 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Oh, I quite disagree. One's belief in a diety of any sort (or not) doesn't prevent you from being absolutely, totally disgusted with Christianity, Isalm, Judaism, etc.

I always felt that if I "believed in Jesus" I would be enormously offended by what has been done in his name, ranging from the obvious things like the Crusades and the Inquisition and the rape of the indigenous people (both figuratively and literally) to the gross commercialization of Chistmas and the moral hypocrisy of so many of the clergy.
Well I guess if you're 'anti-Christian' that's not the same as asking for conclusive proof that Christ ever existed - so anti Christian practice maybe then! If Christ was supposedly supposed to be the son of god - then you'd need to believe that and I have never seen any supporting evidence for same!

I reckon if 'god' had sent his only begotton down to our little ball of dust in the Cosmos and the Romans had nailed him up for it - they'd have felt his wrath at the time, but no?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:38 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post

Any disgust is not with any particular religion, but only with man's perversion of it for something other than that for which it was intended. But one cannot blame the religion only those who pervert it. Just as you cannot blame the gun, only the killer.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:39 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,781 Posts
Quote:
Well I guess if you're 'anti-Christian' that's not the same as asking for conclusive proof that Christ ever existed - so anti Christian practice maybe then! If Christ was supposedly supposed to be the son of god - then you'd need to believe that and I have never seen any supporting evidence for same!

I reckon if 'god' had sent his only begotton down to our little ball of dust in the Cosmos and the Romans had nailed him up for it - they'd have felt his wrath at the time, but no?
ET, who do you despise more, Christians or Bush? Just curios.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:43 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
ET, who do you despise more, Christians or Bush? Just curios.
'Christians' - is that like 'Muslims' or 'Athiests' or 'Lama's' - Frogs - Dogs - Gamblers - Women - Men - whatever ?

You can't pidgeon hole - I have some really good friends who are practising Christians and I've met some of the most horrible and evil people who are practising Christians too!

Father James Chesney for example - a very 'bad' man but more Christian than a bagful of Christian things - he was an ordained Roman Catholic Priest - how much more Christian can you get?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:55 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt View Post

as a JW, why would you be concerned about war? it's not like you or your ilk are going to pick up a weapon and fight.

I spent 14 yrs willing to fight for "America" and its people. got out after "desert storm"...

What have you done?

I'll fight to protect God our savior jesus and myself if nessessary!

I will not fight for a ungrateful nation, gov't nor the vast majority of its citizens anymore! Let them fight for their own....up beliefs!
jumpinjo is offline Find More Posts by jumpinjo
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:56 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post
I spent 14 yrs willing to fight for "America" and its people. got out after "desert storm"...

What have you done?

I'll fight to protect God our savior jesus and myself if nessessary, but I will not fight for a ungrateful nation, gov't nor the vast majority of its citizens anymore! Let them fight for their own....up beliefs!
What do you mean by 'fighting to save god' ?

How is that even needed, let alone possible ?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:06 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Last edited by Gerald; Mar 22, 2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:06 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean by 'fighting to save god' ?

How is that even needed, let alone possible ?

Because in todays world God is the only one that would show 1 oz of gratitude --unlike most humans today!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:07 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post
Because in todays world God is the only one that would show 1 oz of gratitude --unlike most humans today!
But he (it - she etc) is 'GOD' - so thanks but you're help won't be needed (all powerful and all that good stuff etc....)!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:15 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,781 Posts
Quote:
'Christians' - is that like 'Muslims' or 'Athiests' or 'Lama's' - Frogs - Dogs - Gamblers - Women - Men - whatever ?

You can't pidgeon hole - I have some really good friends who are practising Christians and I've met some of the most horrible and evil people who are practising Christians too!

Father James Chesney for example - a very 'bad' man but more Christian than a bagful of Christian things - he was an ordained Roman Catholic Priest - how much more Christian can you get?
You can actually follow Jesus.......that guy didn't.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:15 AM
Joined Dec 2007
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1 View Post
The Great White Throne Judgement Seat comes from the Bible, not from LcJ.
At the end of Christ's reign down here, He will judge men and women who were not part of the 1st Resurrection. Those judged at the 2nd Resurrection will have their day before Christ.
For those who don't believe evidence of the Bible, i remind them that Jerusalem, Israel, and the Jews still exist today....against all odds, against all persecution, against the ways of the world. When those 3 things cease to exist, the unbelievers will have won this battle.
What in the bible could not have been thought up by man?
Bflat is offline Find More Posts by Bflat
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:16 AM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Any disgust is not with any particular religion, but only with man's perversion of it for something other than that for which it was intended. But one cannot blame the religion only those who pervert it. Just as you cannot blame the gun, only the killer.
Guns don't tell you to kill people; religions do!
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:16 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
But he (it - she etc) is 'GOD' - so thanks but you're help won't be needed (all powerful and all that good stuff etc....)!

Tell me, would you lay your life on the line for your country or turn tail and cut and run?

Would you be willing to die for your fellow non believers?