HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:20 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post
Stressed.. Nothing eurolanders say can do that!..
Actually, I think it's the other way around!.. when they realize their socialists society has big cracks in it and is about to fall apart!
Ohh, my Gawd!

I've just seen a big crack in my socialist society!!

I'm doomed!

(unless I spout trite phrases from a book.. )
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:32 PM
Scotland the Brave
Dusty1000's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1 View Post
Born with an Adamic nature we have a tendency to choose evil when confronted with the choice.
I disagree. I think we tend to choose good over evil, for many reasons, but mostly because it gives us peace of mind. Of course we are all different, but I'd like to think that applies to the vast majority of us. We are all mature adults are we not?

More than that, it feels 'good' to have helped someone, which is a big part of what draws me to these rc forums in the first place.

Everyone will sin at some point in their lives, probably many times. That cannot be helped though because human beings all make mistakes. Whether you follow any religion or not won't make you any more or less likely to make mistakes.

What though if you believe you will be forgiven for any mistakes e.g. a Roman Catholic going to confession, would that not make you more likely to make more mistakes, if in the back of your mind you 'know' you will be forgiven? Then it won't matter so much to you, or to whoever might have been affected by your sin, because of course God will see them right as well. That was my point when I said 'better not to sin in the first place'

It's about taking responsibility for your own actions. Doing so can only be good for you and everyone else, but I think I mentioned this before

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:56 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
Buzz_Man's Avatar
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
I am at peace with myself, and I am at peace knowing that eventually all knees will bow to God.
Can you explain what you are saying? Can you tell us how you actually KNOW this will occur? Anyone can read messages in a book but KNOWING something is quite different than understanding what is said. Believing in something is actually quite different than KNOWING something.

Please - if it's possible to do so, tell us how you KNOW. I used to tell others I "KNOW" but in reality, I was merely expressing feelings of hope fueled by the "we are right" congregation I mingled with.

Danke & happy flyin
Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 06:10 PM
Registered User
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
They don't need God, they can do it all on their own, until it comes time to Talk about God and then all they have is ridicule. But never mind their claims of being good people without God...... yet They scoff and ridicule.

In their world..... it is dog eat dog, and all they 'think' they have to be is better than the next guy. and thus is the eventual downward spiral of man. Society says it is okay, therefore it is okay. Society sets the standards for morals. Society says what is right and what is wrong. If enough of society says no need to be responsible..... they can just hit the eject button err abortion button.
Erm, nope. My morality is based on the recognition of a fellow human and the golden rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post

The fact they bring up the 'judge' thing tells all. There is a difference between judging and discerning.

Me stressed over what they think and might do never! I am at peace with myself, and I am at peace knowing that eventually all knees will bow to God.
I should certainly hope you don't get stressed. There is nothing in my morality that would stress you. I actually am a big fan of Jesus. Well most of the stuff he said anyway.
Perhaps you should project less and listen more.
mortato is online now Find More Posts by mortato
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
MAlternatively, you may find it easier to qualify your statement by adding "a few", "some" "quite a lot" etc.
The qualifiers are in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
Perhaps you should project less and listen more.
Or maybe I should put more people on Ignore, and then I wouldn't have to call stuff out for what it is.

In doesn't require anything more than some time and desire. and some researching into Pre translation of all scripture that uses the word judge. to understand the scripture. But then again.... it would take the desire to understand it.....

Wait desire to understand it? Desire to study it? The want of knowledge in something people don't believe in anyways. I am not going to break it down for those that miss use the one verse from the scripture about 'judging others'.
IMO I don't feel that I am projecting, when people only quote the one out of many scriptures on discerning/judging. If it works for them to not understand it and use it to their own advantage so be it. Me explaining it isn't going to give them the desire to seek the truth or understand it. Seeking the answer has to come from themselves.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:51 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Ohh, my Gawd!
So I take it you are not an Atheist?
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:57 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
Erm, nope. My morality is based on the recognition of a fellow human and the golden rule.
it seems like you're not the only one.

http://www.virtuescience.com/golden-rule.html
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:02 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
[QUOTE=Metieval;15816389]

Quote:
Wait desire to understand it? Desire to study it? The want of knowledge in something people don't believe in anyways. I am not going to break it down for those that miss use the one verse from the scripture about 'judging others'.
knowledge is power. i read things because i am interested in the subject. just because i read People magazine doesn't mean i believe it.
Quote:
IMO I don't feel that I am projecting, when people only quote the one out of many scriptures on discerning/judging. If it works for them to not understand it and use it to their own advantage so be it. Me explaining it isn't going to give them the desire to seek the truth or understand it. Seeking the answer has to come from themselves.
you're kidding, right?
then why have THE Bible quote of the week?
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Aug 17, 2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:56 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt View Post

knowledge is power. i read things because i am interested in the subject. just because i read People magazine doesn't mean i believe it.

you're kidding, right?
then why have THE Bible quote of the week. it's one verse. i've read many post where you expound greatly on a singular verse. (which of course is your version and could be wrong)

i guess it's all fun and games until someone calls your bluff.
and which (many) post and which verse?

You want to call my hand a bluff? you better put your hand down face up.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:23 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
i have edited my post to make it more of a question.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:06 AM
Registered User
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
The qualifiers are in this thread.



Or maybe I should put more people on Ignore, and then I wouldn't have to call stuff out for what it is.

In doesn't require anything more than some time and desire. and some researching into Pre translation of all scripture that uses the word judge. to understand the scripture. But then again.... it would take the desire to understand it.....

Wait desire to understand it? Desire to study it? The want of knowledge in something people don't believe in anyways. I am not going to break it down for those that miss use the one verse from the scripture about 'judging others'.
IMO I don't feel that I am projecting, when people only quote the one out of many scriptures on discerning/judging. If it works for them to not understand it and use it to their own advantage so be it. Me explaining it isn't going to give them the desire to seek the truth or understand it. Seeking the answer has to come from themselves.
To quote you "in their world it is dog eat dog". In my world it isn't dog eat dog.
I've explained many times in these threads that I do have a sound moral viewpoint (indeed one that Jesus supported also). This is the projection I am protesting, the "atheists have no belief in the Bible therefore they have no/poor morals".
mortato is online now Find More Posts by mortato
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:16 AM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
So I take it you are not an Atheist?
It's a figure of speech. If someone were to sneeze and someone else said "Bless you" that does not mean that they are a believer in any particular god, it's just an everyday expression. The English language is full of such derivations and expressions, which are grounded in religion, but which have passed into common parlance, such as, for example the exclamation "Strewth!". They say nothing about whether the person using them is an atheist or not.

When a joiner hits his thumb with a hammer and makes an exclaimation using one, either or both of the names of Jesus Christ , does that mean the joiner is a Christian?
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:25 AM
Registered User
AA5BY's Avatar
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1 View Post
....
When there is a contradiction between what Paul says by inspiration of God the Holy Spirit and what Christ told the Jews during His earthly mission, then yes.....we go with Paul. Remember that Jesus is speaking to His brothers and sisters (Jews) who are living under the Law of the old testament. And that was perfectly acceptable to God....their requirement was that they believe God had come in the Flesh, the Messiah, the King.
...

I agree with Martin that this is surprising theology but it might make some sense given the claim by Paul who boldly states that he has heard the gospel from no man but received it by revelation.

If the claim is true, his perceptions then could not be errant. Strangely however, Paul was in relationship with Peter and others who later claimed to be disciples of the earthly Jesus but Paul never references any of their accounts of Jesus or even acknowledges that Peter was a disciple of Jesus, rather calling Peter a fellow missionary.

In fact, Paul speaks of Jesus Christ in several fashions but primarily as a metaphor for salvation based on grace rather than justification by law and that this was accomplished by crucifixion but he never fleshes out Jesus Christ as one who has recently lived an earthy life.

It seems incredulous to me that Paul acknowledges Peter as a fellow missionary but never affirms the discipleship of Peter as someone who had walked and ate with Jesus and been his student.
AA5BY is offline Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:50 AM
Registered User
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
It's a figure of speech. If someone were to sneeze and someone else said "Bless you" that does not mean that they are a believer in any particular god, it's just an everyday expression. The English language is full of such derivations and expressions, which are grounded in religion, but which have passed into common parlance, such as, for example the exclamation "Strewth!". They say nothing about whether the person using them is an atheist or not.

When a joiner hits his thumb with a hammer and makes an exclaimation using one, either or both of the names of Jesus Christ , does that mean the joiner is a Christian?
I still call one of the days of the week thursday, even though I will admit when pressed that I don't actually worship or even believe in Thor.
mortato is online now Find More Posts by mortato
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:05 AM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
I still call one of the days of the week thursday, even though I will admit when pressed that I don't actually worship or even believe in Thor.
Me too, but I did used to have a home-made Thor pillow case when I was a little 'un. Marvel Comic, wax crayons and a steam iron Oh and I'll never forget...

The Thunder God went out one day, upon his favourite filly
"I'm Thor!" he cried
His horse replied "You forgot your thaddle, thilly!"
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion In all fairness shouldn’t there be a Atheists Quote of the week popdada Life, The Universe, and Politics 120 Aug 16, 2010 02:16 PM
Question Speed 400 tailplane stresses? golem High Performance 2 Oct 11, 2009 09:22 PM
Discussion Atheists vs believers Viper Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 23 Jul 06, 2007 02:17 PM
Discussion Christian's and believers in God, sound off.. Tram Life, The Universe, and Politics 431 May 22, 2007 12:13 AM
Ideas? - Differential Equation for Stresses on the leading edge of a wing... Justin Jackson Modeling Science 1 Jul 27, 2003 05:06 PM