HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:56 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Oh!! I need to come up with another voice!! Connor McCloud from the Clan McCloud that will take some practice rolling my rrrrrrrrrrrs.
Sean Connery, maybe?
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:56 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
The reason non-believers are more stressed is because no matter what the singular truth is, they're screwed no matter what.
Nope, if you are looking for a purpose beyond that which you make for yourself then you are screwed whether you are a theist or not.
"God did it because..." is no better an answer than "it just happened".
mortato is offline Find More Posts by mortato
Old Aug 07, 2010, 07:59 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Sean Connery, maybe?
Perhapsh not.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:00 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortato View Post
The difference is faith. I don't do faith.
I'd do Faith.......Faith Hill.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:03 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
I have faith in Science....
At least be thankful that science doesn't do faith.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:07 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Thoughts Of God Stresses Atheists, Calms Believers

I've also read that looking at bewbies can calm stress in men too.

The problem is that many a time I've seen a pair of big bewbies and said "GOOD GOD !"....so that brings up the issue of religion again.

The Monkees - I'm a Believer [official music video] (2 min 35 sec)
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:16 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Please lighten up. Just having some fun here.
Sorry - my mother in law walked in just as I began reading LTUP last night. She's on parole, usually drunk, and she thinks her destiny involves breaking &/or losing anything that belongs to me (jumper cables, my iPod, my naked woman laser etched shot glass, my favorite pair of dark glasses, blah, blah, blah).

Oh, and she's a very zealous "christian" to boot. I can't wait for her to move out next week. That's something I can praise god for - even if he doesn't exist, I'm not taking any chances - thanks to the "big dude" in advance!
Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:34 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Oh!! I need to come up with another voice!! Connor McCloud from the Clan McCloud that will take some practice rolling my rrrrrrrrrrrs.
Here's quite a few more voices in a formerly Communist country.

Quote:
While the USA is banning prayer in the public schools and taking God out of everything, take a look at what happened in the streets of Budapest on Resurrection Sunday.
Resurrection Sunday Dance, Budapest, Hungary (5 min 24 sec)

And oh yea, nobody was killed in the making of this video.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:41 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Here's quite a few more voices in a formerly Communist country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5dSIL358NM

And oh yea, nobody was killed in the making of this video.
Looks to me like a large bunch of people having a good time - which is possible with and even without religion!

Good on them!
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:54 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
Quote:
This thread delivers!! I'm absolutely laughing my off reading the many posts in the different British accents Ive assigned to the British posters. You guys have made my day . I should make a video Norman is Patrick Stewart by the way, that's a tough one!

I'm aaaaaaa freeee thinkah!!
We'll we're trying to pin yours down - a sort of mix between Bubba J and Jackie Mason
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:56 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
I've clearly stated on here that I wasn't a Bush fan. And it is not I, that is bringing up the negatives about BUSH multiple times a day in multiple topics almost 2 years later...

You are the one that appears to be a little sore about things.

My point remains, I dislike your wide spread Bush trolling 2 years after the fact, and that has no relevance to you being agnostic.

Maybe I should clarify that agnostics are honest about the fact that mankind doesn't know all. Edit: point proven here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=43
But that does not mean that all agnostics are honest in every aspect of their lives It just means agnostics are honest about being agnostic.

And then of course there is also those that don't believe in a GOD, make fun of those that do......and then call themselves agnostics.
They would be IMO Liars and not actually agnostics.

To put it in a way that you might understand, Bush called himself a conservative, but was everything but conservative see how that works? just because someone claims to be something, doesn't actually mean that they are what they claim to be. It just means that they have an agenda... and are willing to lie and fib about who they actually are....if it serves their purpose. Hence Obama calling himself a Christian. I got the impression he proclaimed that strictly for the purpose of his campaign.
Have you noticed - I NEVER start the Bush rhetoric - I merely reply to those who bring the cretin up on here.

That so many are desperately trying to defend the indefensible says much more about George!
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:59 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Looks to me like a large bunch of people having a good time - which is possible with and even without religion!

Good on them!
But in truth, this event was about nothing but religion.
So why must you belittle the event by suggesting that it's just "bunch of people having a good time"?

Quote:
On April 4, 2010, over 1,300 young people, all of them members of Faith Church celebrated Resurrection Sunday in Budapest, Hungary.

Music: Ferenc Balogh Jr.
Lyrics: Shelly Matos, based on the Hungarian text by Tamas Pajor (Tompage)
Producer: Ákos Nemes
Art Producer: Tamás Pajor (Tompage)
-----------
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your interest and for all your kind words! We are glad to inform you that we will start a new webpage soon called www.uptofaith.com where you will find other materials in connection with the dance video (e.g. a Trainer Video and The Making of the Dance). We also make arrangements with similarly high quality intellectual products: musics, flash mobs, actions, etc. These products will be also available on our webpage. Please visit us after one or one and a half month.
Till then please send our link to your friends!
We are also waiting for your comments, then we can send you advice notes about our new actions!

Best wishes,
The Resurrection Sunday Dance Team
From the Up to Faith website:

Quote:
Up to Faith

Our Mission
Up to Faith is a spiritual workshop. It is a group of artists whose goal it is to see and make seen the invisible in the visible, eternity in time, and the heart of man. We aspire to stand beside the suffering and whisper into their ears: there is hope, and this hope is not just an empty word, our life is the evidence of its existence.

Words, songs, comedy, dance, and film are just tools with which we convey the message in our hearts. Up to Faith consists of devoted Christians.
Though we are productive members of society, we’ve chosen to base our lifestyles on the ancient truths of the Bible. We belong to a large family of people who’ve been called by God to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.
Our creativity and artistic expression have been formed through the love of God and the melting pot of Central-Europe.

Our creative community consists of song-writers, performers, bands, translators, choreographers, fine artists and film-makers who’ve achieved great results in their work. The preliminary work of the previous years has been incubating for decades. With the help of God, the results of this creative process will periodically be published in the English language on uptofaith.com.

We are currently working on many ideas, and if you’ve enjoyed our first production, the ’Resurrection Dance’, we believe that you will also enjoy the ones to follow.

With this we hope we have captured your attention.

Tompage

Founder of UptoFaith.com
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:59 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
Quote:
That's why I don't give a flip what anybody believes.
My beliefs make me whole, and it's not likely that other's beliefs, whatever they are, will make any difference at all with regard to my own personal destiny.

There's just a couple of things that strike me about all this;

First, if there are a hundred people in a group and each believes differently, only one of them can possibly be right.
The reason non-believers are more stressed is because no matter what the singular truth is, they're screwed no matter what. An athiest is screwed if he's wrong, and he's screwed if he's right.

Second, there are people who believe they are so right that they are willing to kill everyone else who doesn't agree with them.
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...f-a0bede427a11

This was one of those ubiquitous church groups sent from neighborhood churches all over the the US, and you know dam well they weren't "spying".

I wonder how things would go if Christians in America were to hunt down Muslims and kill them just because they were "preaching Islam"?
If Islam is "The Religion of Peace", and they do that, then why don't we read stories of us violent, bigotted, raging, Christians doing the same. I'm astounded that we don't read similar stories like this over here.
I can't even begin to imagine good old Christian Americans hunting down and killing folks that were different to them....................
Old Aug 07, 2010, 09:05 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Quote:
But in truth, this event was about nothing but religion.
So why must you belittle the event by suggesting that it's just "bunch of people having a good time"?

From the Up to Faith website:
I'm sorry if you believe that 'a bunch of people having a good time' belittles them, HF!

I feel sorry for you if the only thing that matters is the religion!

For me, people first, religion second ('coz without people you 'aint got no religion! )

Personally, I think it enhances them - better than 'a bunch of people having a horrible time' religion or not.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 09:07 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Have you noticed - I NEVER start the Bush rhetoric - I merely reply to those who bring the cretin up on here.
Oh my!! I hear a famous Pink Floyd song playing in the background
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker