SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2010, 06:05 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
If thoughts of religion doesn't consume you, Bush will
Both represent 'trifling inconveniences allied to a minor irritation' - neither are feature much on the radar until I come down to the basement
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 08, 2010, 06:43 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,395 Posts
Quote:
If thoughts of religion doesn't consume you, Bush will
Only if it's one of them Burning Bush!
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Aug 08, 2010, 06:51 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Both represent 'trifling inconveniences allied to a minor irritation' - neither are feature much on the radar until I come down to the basement
Uh.............

Do you ever LEAVE the basement??
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Aug 08, 2010, 07:21 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY View Post
sgtdirt... I've been following the conundrum trail a long time. Hebrews learned about life after death, not from God, but from Greek thought while in captivity.
Although "the origins of religion" could fill volumes, there are some very clear and well defined, very interesting links between Egyptian practice and what has eventually turned into the KJV.
Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Aug 08, 2010, 08:13 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
Here is a question for Atheist....... Why is it the Christian God & Christians that gets the blunt of their scoffing? Why not scoff at all religions equally?
no scoffing on my side.
i just post questions to make the believer (of all religions) think. as they would to me.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 08, 2010, 08:23 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Uh.............

Do you ever LEAVE the basement??
I only come on here to irritate and confuse - I'm clearly really good at both
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 08, 2010, 08:26 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enginetorque View Post
i only come on here to irritate and confuse - i'm clearly really good at both
qfp
Old Aug 08, 2010, 08:47 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,649 Posts
Quote:

I knew it!
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Aug 08, 2010, 09:26 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,813 Posts
Quote:
1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

James 3:16
For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

This about sums up a few things.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 08, 2010, 09:38 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,813 Posts
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 08, 2010, 11:43 AM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
A fine example of the belief-based mindset.

Having initiated a thread that makes assertions directed against a particular group to then assign the stress referred to in that interpretation of the article to a "defensive" attitude, is a somewhat circular argument and a strange position to adopt. It's clear that much of the actual data in the responses to the thread would need to be ignored to reach such a conclusion. You're perfectly entitled to disagree, as a matter of opinion, though.

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her birthday and I hope that there was jelly and ice cream, for the adults too .

Thanks Leccy,

Ice cream, cake, hot dogs, potato chips. I ate the stuff anyways.

This sounds kind of like "know you are but what am I" but I could easily say the exact same thing about your posts and perspective.
I am sure that just like everyone else, my perceptions are tainted by my knowledge and views but I was making a genuine effort to be unbiased and state my opinion.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Aug 08, 2010, 11:49 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post

This sounds kind of like "know you are but what am I" but I could easily say the exact same thing about your posts and perspective.
Especially in regards to the art of the circular argument.
Old Aug 08, 2010, 11:55 AM
Southern MA. USA
Joined Jan 2003
623 Posts
Quote:
Hey Knife, that's euro-speak for "I use a lot of Preperation H".
Moe M. is offline Find More Posts by Moe M.
Old Aug 08, 2010, 11:58 AM
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
1,074 Posts
Buzz Man... I've little doubt that Judeau-Christianity is a product of pick and choose concepts that had appeal wherever they originated. And... I've little doubt that those concepts provide ministrations to the needs of a segment of human souls.

Even now... the picking and choosing can be seen. Some have a need to embrace judgment that places them in better standing than their neighbor, while others embrace graciousness having no superiority desires. Some take religion seriously as the central focus of life and others relegate it to another life enhancement.

CSpan offered a mock trial a few days ago of a gentleman charged with offenses because of his Christian affiliation. As part of his defense, which btw he did very very well, he rebutted the notion that the God of the Christians is supposed to be defined as good.

I found this unusual in light that my whole childhood religious instruction and guidance portrayed that the Christian god was goodness based.... that he was worthy of man's worship because he was goodness based.

But... he was right of course... the god of the Christians is not goodness based.
AA5BY is online now Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2010, 12:06 PM
Southern MA. USA
Joined Jan 2003
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY View Post
Buzz Man... I've little doubt that Judeau-Christianity is a product of pick and choose concepts that had appeal wherever they originated. And... I've little doubt that those concepts provide ministrations to the needs of a segment of human souls.

Even now... the picking and choosing can be seen. Some have a need to embrace judgment that places them in better standing than their neighbor, while others embrace graciousness having no superiority desires. Some take religion seriously as the central focus of life and others relegate it to another life enhancement.

CSpan offered a mock trial a few days ago of a gentleman charged with offenses because of his Christian affiliation. As part of his defense, which btw he did very very well, he rebutted the notion that the God of the Christians is supposed to be defined as good.

I found this unusual in light that my whole childhood religious instruction and guidance portrayed that the Christian god was goodness based.... that he was worthy of man's worship because he was goodness based.

But... he was right of course... the god of the Christians is not goodness based.
In your opinion of course, which carries about the same import in the greater argument as that little black speck of crap that sticks to your TV Tray after the fly goes off buzzing his way into the air.
Moe M. is offline Find More Posts by Moe M.