HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DustyPockets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 06, 2010, 07:55 PM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
Discussion
Current River 2010

My brother and I have gone trout fishing in the Missouri Ozarks for years and we just spent 5 nights there. We stay at Montauk State park http://www.mostateparks.com/montauk.htm and fish there and the Current river downstream of the park. Montauk park contains the springs that form the headwaters of the current river, the rest of the Current River is part of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways http://www.nps.gov/ozar/index.htm My understanding is a dam was planned on the Current river and grass-roots opposition lead to the creation of the Scenic river way.

Went canoeing one day, really had a great time. Started off a little rough, about 200 yards into the trip we came upon a low hanging tree over some pretty quick water. I was in the front and made it just fine but my brother did not fair so well.. bang,bang,crash....splash!. That tree pealed his sorry ass out pretty quick. He came up kind of wild-eyed and sputtering. Lost a couple of cigars and his camera got wet but later dried out and seems to work just fine.

Well I am sure we will do it again next year. We are planning on taking my brothers son down there soon.
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets
to remove ads between posts