Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 06, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Discussion
Walkera V200D02 Helicopter mini review:

The latest one from Walkera flybarless heli, the new V200D02. With lot of features like aluminum rotor, 3 axis gyro system, 2.4G, LIPO battery pack, a nice little mid size helicopter. It is about the same size as the CB180 mean it should handle light wind well and able to fly inside if desire. Yet the internal design for this heli is quite simple so it is very easy to work on even for beginner.

Open the box and it is the usual Walkera package. The heli and all parts are nicely protected by vacuums formed plastic. With balance charger, extra blade, small tools, all included. The first thing I notice with this heli is the design is very simple. 4ch setup so there are only two servos, one for aileron and one for elevator. And as this one use a 2 motors system, one for main and one for tail, with both ESC build into the 4 in 1. Make it very easy to work on after a crash or maintenance. A downside is to the power system is the motors will not have the power and service life as with the brushless motors. But the bushed system is sure a lot simpler and more user friendly. The frame design is very robust with Carbon look fiber glass fins, high impact composite frame with drill out for extra weight saving, 3mm carbon boom support. The only weak point I can find mechanically is the main blades. The blades were made of a very hard plastic materials which will break even with the slightest impact. It maybe good as a safety feature as if it hit someone it will break and cost less damage. But for flying it snap easily as soon as it come in contact with anything….

We charge the battery and fly it at the basketball field beside our office. With the dual rate set to lower position. It fly extremely slow…. Feel like an co-axial helicopter….. Switch back to the upper position the helicopter come alive. Fly quite similar to my 250. Slightly quicker than a 450 but more stable than v120d02. Out of the box need to adjust the subtrim slightly. (57% elevator, 45% aileron) Nothing major just some slight adjustment. And as it is around 10km/h wind outside, this mini heli seems to handle the wind better than I expected.

With the simple design and easy control, I believe this little bird should be good for intermediate pilots looking for very little (easy) maintance. And something about to fly outside or inside when the weather is bad.

Pro: Simple design
Flybarless quick response
3 axis gyro system
LiPO battery with balance charger included
2.4G radio system
robust design

Cons:
Brushed motors
Weak main blade
TT gear is not very smooth.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2010, 05:21 AM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
I don't get the point of this one. It seems like it's essentially identical to the V200D01 just with a direct drive tail and brushed motors. Why would anyone want one of these instead? Why would Walkera even put out a product that is so similar to the one they just released a couple weeks ago? Why would they use brushed motors and direct drive tail, which are old technology, and then increment the model number by one indicating that it's somehow a step up? This just seems like such an odd, out of place, product.

Dan
Dan203 is offline Find More Posts by Dan203
Old Aug 06, 2010, 05:55 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Dan,
The only reason I could see is that walkera had a warehouse full of brushed motors they wanted to clear.
This way they can move some of the motors without giving them away and then in a little while,They will bring the same heli out with brushless motors in it.
They have a habit of re releasing the old technology such as the servos on the very first 4G3 was the same as the early 4#3 (Not 4#3B)
But although I complain about Walkera,I still love them.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Aug 06, 2010, 02:07 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
then in a little while,They will bring the same heli out with brushless motors in it.
The problem is they already have that one and it's called the V200D01. So this one has the higher model number even though it's using older technology. Just odd. I thought maybe there was some method to this new naming scheme madness, but apparently not.

Dan
Old Aug 06, 2010, 02:13 PM
Australia
Joined Aug 2009
125 Posts
Yep. This heli is just a flybarless 180D. Should have been called the V180D.
Fly-a-kite is offline Find More Posts by Fly-a-kite
Old Aug 06, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Ya, the only advantage I can think of over the D01 is the tail setup is much simplier. So it is easier to work on after crash. But in term of performance I think D01 is better than D02.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 11:19 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
997 Posts
its a 180D that went FBL,they even have a 180q FBL as well.one thing im not liking w/walkera new FBL rx is that you cant bind it in 2801 mode
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Aug 07, 2010, 04:52 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,147 Posts
It's a 4ch FP heli, why would you need 2801 mode? I guess expo might be useful, but everything else in 2801 mode is meant for CP helis. Or am I forgetting something?

Dan
Old Aug 13, 2010, 02:33 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
I think throttle curves aren't available from what I read. What I would like to see is a v200d01 w/ a torque tube tail. Might actually be able to auto this little heli w/ a torque tube...

Wonder if you can mode one or the other for low cost? buy the d02 and the brushless motor and receiver for the d01?
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:32 PM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Sorry for my noob-ness. Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between a Fixed Pitch or a Collective Pitch? So is this bird a Fixed Pitch or Collective Pitch?

Thank you.
Chico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
The latest one from Walkera flybarless heli, the new V200D02. With lot of features like aluminum rotor, 3 axis gyro system, 2.4G, LIPO battery pack, a nice little mid size helicopter. It is about the same size as the CB180 mean it should handle light wind well and able to fly inside if desire. Yet the internal design for this heli is quite simple so it is very easy to work on even for beginner.

Open the box and it is the usual Walkera package. The heli and all parts are nicely protected by vacuums formed plastic. With balance charger, extra blade, small tools, all included. The first thing I notice with this heli is the design is very simple. 4ch setup so there are only two servos, one for aileron and one for elevator. And as this one use a 2 motors system, one for main and one for tail, with both ESC build into the 4 in 1. Make it very easy to work on after a crash or maintenance. A downside is to the power system is the motors will not have the power and service life as with the brushless motors. But the bushed system is sure a lot simpler and more user friendly. The frame design is very robust with Carbon look fiber glass fins, high impact composite frame with drill out for extra weight saving, 3mm carbon boom support. The only weak point I can find mechanically is the main blades. The blades were made of a very hard plastic materials which will break even with the slightest impact. It maybe good as a safety feature as if it hit someone it will break and cost less damage. But for flying it snap easily as soon as it come in contact with anything….

We charge the battery and fly it at the basketball field beside our office. With the dual rate set to lower position. It fly extremely slow…. Feel like an co-axial helicopter….. Switch back to the upper position the helicopter come alive. Fly quite similar to my 250. Slightly quicker than a 450 but more stable than v120d02. Out of the box need to adjust the subtrim slightly. (57% elevator, 45% aileron) Nothing major just some slight adjustment. And as it is around 10km/h wind outside, this mini heli seems to handle the wind better than I expected.

With the simple design and easy control, I believe this little bird should be good for intermediate pilots looking for very little (easy) maintance. And something about to fly outside or inside when the weather is bad.

Pro: Simple design
Flybarless quick response
3 axis gyro system
LiPO battery with balance charger included
2.4G radio system
robust design

Cons:
Brushed motors
Weak main blade
TT gear is not very smooth.
cpt_chico is offline Find More Posts by cpt_chico
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:00 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt_chico View Post
Sorry for my noob-ness. Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between a Fixed Pitch or a Collective Pitch? So is this bird a Fixed Pitch or Collective Pitch?

Thank you.
Chico
fix pitch have only 2 servo's connected to the swashplate. And the swashplate will no move up and down the main shaft. The lift is controled by the speed of the main motor. And as you can't change the pitch so you can't fly upside down.
Collective pitch use 3 servo's to control the swash, as the swashplate can move up and down the main shaft you can use both the throttle and pitch to control the lift. This mean you can fly upside down and fly invert. But at the same time it is more complex and need more setup......