Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 05, 2010, 03:18 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,039 Posts
Discussion
LISF has become the club to beat in the Eastern Soaring League

I knew that we had a core group of guys in our club who are really focused on hand launch. They are out there every week practicing and running mini-contests all the time. Occasionally I even get to fly with them, but I am not in their class when it comes to hand launch. But they say that the best way to improve your flying is to fly with pilots who are better than you.

I knew they were getting really good, but I had not realized how good they had become till today.

I just happen to notice that LISF has become the club to beat in hand launch in the ESL. When I look at the leader board, of the top five hand launched glider pilots in the League, 4 are from LISF.
http://www.flyesl.com/scores/HL_oVe.asp

All four will be flying this weekend, so if you like to test yourself against the best of the best, on their home turf, this might be the weekend you don't want to miss.

Registration
http://www.flyesl.com/contest_regist...list.asp?cid=6

Ed Anderson
President, LISF
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2010, 06:52 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,054 Posts
All I will say is Ummmm, not really. There are far better than us in the league but we will welcome you when you you are in the area whether it be a contest or a vacation to fly at our field.
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Aug 05, 2010, 10:50 AM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,323 Posts
Someone must work in marketing...

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Aug 05, 2010, 11:18 AM
whitestone NY
Joined Mar 2002
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post

Charlie
um yes he is.....

and the club to "beat" is a lot further south....
gasbag is offline Find More Posts by gasbag
Old Aug 05, 2010, 12:08 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,721 Posts
......and maybe 3000 miles to the west...
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Aug 05, 2010, 12:16 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh! View Post
......and maybe 3000 miles to the west...
but that wouldn't be in the Eastern Soaring League
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Aug 05, 2010, 12:18 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post

Charlie
One good thing about Ed is that he won't stop till you buy what he is selling!!!

Definitely got us many new pilots in the club and convinced newbees to come to contests so we may knock him but we are also thankful to have him - at times !!! LOL

And by the way things look, I'll STILL be a sportsman next year
Last edited by Fly2High; Aug 05, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2010, 12:41 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,039 Posts
Guys, I don't make the weather, I just report it.

The standings speak for themselves. If others doubt the facts then let them show up and change them.

I dare you!

I double dog dare you to take the lead from LISF!

Right now LISF's team dominates the leader board. Until someone comes and knocks us out of that position, the facts are clear. And frankly I don't think they can do it.

You guys can talk and post all you like but if you want to prove different, then prove it. Come to our field and beat us on our own turf. The LISF team has been going to other fields and proving their talent at other people's fields. Actions speak louder than words and the LISF guys are getting it done!

Frank, do we still have room for pilots at this weekend's contest, just in case someone wants to challenge LISF's dominance?
Last edited by aeajr; Aug 05, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2010, 12:45 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,054 Posts
Sure. Send them to me!

I posted that we'll hold registration open till I get a chance on Friday after work to setup the spreadsheets.

(what did I tell you )
Old Aug 05, 2010, 08:48 PM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
Mr Anderson, the end of season champion awards are handed out at the END of the season for a reason......are they not? BTW, why did the board not allow Wilson to be an ESL contest this year? Is that to keep more contests up north and benefit the NESL? (New England Soaring League) This hardly seems fair to those of us that live farther south in what is CALLED the Eastern league.

Ya wanna talk smack? We can do it! These comments may even be in jest! They cannot happen on the ESL forums because you cannot even register for them! Bwahahahaha!

Not that I am any threat to the top pilots in ESL, but it just looked like it could be a fun thread.
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Aug 05, 2010, 09:52 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,039 Posts
Shadow,

If you are on the ESL mailing list then you have received multiple invites to register on the ESL forum by sending a note to Jose. Have you received that invite? Have you sent Jose a note?

If you need the address, send me a PM and I will send you Jose's address and you can get registered on the ESL forum and we can get you added back onto the ESL mailing list.

Second, I gave a report of the leader board as it stands Today. That is a completely normal thing to do in a competitive environment. But I am sure you realize that.

The end of the season can be reported at the end of the season. But at this point, LISF club members are leading the League.

As for Wilson, if I recall correctly there was a schedule conflict that was not able to be worked out. Hopefully next year that will not be an issue.

But, if you want to put LISF in its place, show up this weekend and show us how it is done!
Old Aug 05, 2010, 11:32 PM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
I do not get ESL mail. I sent an email to the support contact on the ESL page.....twice. I sent you a PM with my ESL number and you said you would check on it. Still waiting.

Zzzzzzzzz. Come on, we are having fun here right? I am not misreading your tone am I?
I mean a guy who admittedly only goes to two DLG contests a year was just jazzing us to stir up some interest in the contest, right? I have already said that if I was not just back from two weeks travel to Chicago and flying out to Kansas City on Sunday (all for work) I would be there. Again, not that I am any threat to the top of the league. Great pilots up there. Saw some of them at BASS. Hope to see you all at CASA in a few weeks.

Peace

Hey, maybe DLG can get a mid season contest too next year????????????? Woooot

Do I need to load this up with smiley faces and stuff or do you get the razz?
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Aug 06, 2010, 05:56 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,039 Posts
And yes, we are just having some fun here, but I do feel bad that you asked for help and did not get it. Let's get that fixed this time.

There is a known problem with the ESL help - I am sending you a PM with Jose's e-mail. He can get you back on ESL mail and registered for the forum.

THEN I can remind you that LISF has more pilots in the top 5 than any other club.
Last edited by aeajr; Aug 06, 2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2010, 06:52 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,054 Posts
Hey ShadowF,

do you want me to get my paesanos and make Ed an , uh,... offer he can't refuse

Capesce?

Want him sleepin with the fishes?

Oh better yet, we'll take his screws from all his wing mounts!

now he'll be grounded....
Last edited by Fly2High; Aug 06, 2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2010, 07:09 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,039 Posts
Oh, so YOU took the screws for my Blaster!