HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2010, 11:18 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
New Product
hey guys, how about this delicate 26CC boat

hey guys,i wanna buy a big boat cause here is a lake around.give me some advice,i saw this on http://www.rc-spark.com/ViewDetails124.aspx

Specs:

body length: 1300mm

body high:460mm

body width:370mm

enginee:26CC gasoline (included)

propellor78XP4.5

boat material: glassfiber for scale

lucasgao is offline Find More Posts by lucasgao
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2010, 06:09 AM
Joined Oct 2008
90 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't give it a second look..
andyn22 is offline Find More Posts by andyn22
Old Aug 05, 2010, 02:42 PM
Canada, ON, Peterborough
Joined Nov 2009
543 Posts
I wouldn't touch it based on the complete lack of info in the add! What kind of engine? or any other components for that matter!
That line glassfiber for scale makes me laugh! what is that supposed to mean? Is my scale hydro not scale because it is scratch built from wood?
You could end up buying something you can't get parts for, and you will need them eventually. Then you are looking at replacing all the no name junk with something from a reputable supplier that you can get parts for.
You can pay almost that much just for a good engine, they are selling the boat ready to run. The cost cutting is done by putting junk components on a hull.
I would also assume from the design it is designed for a nice leisurely cruise, not racing type of speeds. A scaled down full sized boat rarely performs well as an rc boat, the problem is the water doesn't scale down with the boat, and an rc boats speeds scaled up are hundreds on MPH faster than the full sized one.
That boat full sized probably does 30-40 mph, the model with a good engine could easily do that! That would equate to the full sized one doing about 300mph!
LOL that would be funny to see!
You get what you pay for, do some reading of posts here and see what people have gone through trying to make a cheap boat perform reliably. They ended up spending more than if they had bought a top of the line racing boat first! Some of these guys the only thing left is the hull everything else has been replaced!
This is just my opinion based on that add, they really don't tell you much about what you're buying.
siberianhusky is offline Find More Posts by siberianhusky
Old Aug 06, 2010, 12:47 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,876 Posts
Most of the members on this site know that I don't sugar-coat anything so here goes.
You're going to get what you paid for and at that price you aren't getting much and will be real disappointed when you waste $420.00 on that.
Where do I start?
The boat won't go fast enough to really help with water-cooling. I'd guesstimate the speed in the low 20's but then again it's supposed to be more of a scale yacht than a race boat..With the engine enclosed as much as it is, it's going to be inhaling a lot of hot air.
I've seen more pix of the boat than what's shown. It has a Tupperware-like radio box and if it comes supplied with a radio system, it's the bottom-of-the-line Futaba 2-stick AM radio. Gas powered boats need at least an FM system in there to help reject any interference from a non-resistor plug or damaged one, metal-to-metal contact or anything else that can cause an AM radio to glitch.
Save your money and buy a good gas boat.
If you saw this on eBay or even from the site that you linked to, check the warranty on it, you might find yourself outta luck if something goes wrong. Some warranties are void once it's shipped to a foreign country so if you're outside of China you're screwed. You can't return it once you try to use it and YOU pay the shipping to return it and have a new one shipped back to you. Read the fine print and as always, buyer beware when dealing with foreign purchases.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson