HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
Discussion
What charger do you use?

As stated in the topic title, what charger do you use. What do you or don't you like about it? Any problems or failures? What batteries do you charge with it.
Doomed2Crash is offline Find More Posts by Doomed2Crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:23 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,065 Posts
I have several chargers but the one that I use most is the CellPro 10s. What I like about it:

1. High balance current (1000 MA). That really speeds up charging on older packs that are hard to keep in balance.
2. I have lots of different cell count packs and I really like the convenience of auto cell count so you don’t have to keep changing it all the time. It uses the balance connector to count the cells and compares it to the total voltage. That way it is always correct.
3. Automatically computes and displays Internal Resistance (IR) for each cell on every charge. That way you know immediately if a pack is getting a bad cell.
4. Nice PC interface but truthfully I don’t use it very often.

I will probably get the new 1000W FMA charger later this year. I have a few of those 5C charge batteries and they are doing higher in the future so I would suggest getting a charger with as high of a wattage rating as you can afford. Otherwise you may be looking for a new charger when you get come high C charge batteries.
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:26 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,482 Posts
My daily charger is the Bantam BC8DX dual port charger. Great charger. I also have the CellPro 10s and the new PowerLab 8. The 10S is rarely used, I prefer the Bantam. The PowerLab is very powerful, but I like the Bantam better being dual port is more functional for my use. I have also used the Hyperion Duo and 720I as well.
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 04, 2010, 07:28 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,435 Posts
Orbit
Triton2
Apache 1500
small TP+balancer
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel