HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:10 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Ok got mine working just now. Can someone in the know yell me, do I need to fit a BEC ?
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined May 2007
107 Posts
Can someone take a look at my diagram....

After powering up everything works well. Only 1 problem:

Software to my OSD/eLogger works but is asking me to download latest firmware every time I open it. I'll download latest OSD/eLogger save and sign out and then when I come back to he program it will ask me to update to the latest version again & again & again...

Thank you....
TBello is offline Find More Posts by TBello
Last edited by TBello; Jun 04, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBello View Post
After powering up everything works well. Only 1 problem:
So you figured out your battery problem? Good deal! I don't know what to tell you about your SW issue, other than to perhaps open up a support ticket with ET.
bgarber is offline Find More Posts by bgarber
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined May 2007
107 Posts
Thank you, yes I did... Thing looks and operates perfectly. Yes, I prob need to do a ticket on the Software issue. Looking forward to this weekend for the maiden flight. Thank you for all your and camship's help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarber View Post
So you figured out your battery problem? Good deal! I don't know what to tell you about your SW issue, other than to perhaps open up a support ticket with ET.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:20 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
I need some help here please:

ET Equipment:

ET Osd Pro
Guardian stabilizer.
ET Gps V4
Elogger V4

Aircraft:
Skysurfer with 4 servos as standard.

Questions:

does anyone have a diagram that is proven I can simply use please ?
Do I need a BEC anywhere ?

Im really on a steep learning cuve with no one around my area but you kind folk !

* FPV platform is proven and works great after the normal trail and error but Im now adding this. I have it working with minimal OSD but want to get:

* artificial horizon working - This is based on the guardian stabilizer right ? Cant see it displayed ? Could someone please explain what I have not done ? ?

* RTH ? Where do I EVEN start ... ?

Guys I really am reaching out here and would love your expertise - I thank you in advance.

BW
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined May 2007
107 Posts
Hey BW, My diagram above has been looked at by several different guys and everyone says it's good. I've bench tested it and all works perfect. Have you at least flown with your FPV gear with the BASIC setup first?

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
I need some help here please:

ET Equipment:

ET Osd Pro
Guardian stabilizer.
ET Gps V4
Elogger V4

Aircraft:
Skysurfer with 4 servos as standard.

Questions:

does anyone have a diagram that is proven I can simply use please ?
Do I need a BEC anywhere ?

Im really on a steep learning cuve with no one around my area but you kind folk !

* FPV platform is proven and works great after the normal trail and error but Im now adding this. I have it working with minimal OSD but want to get:

* artificial horizon working - This is based on the guardian stabilizer right ? Cant see it displayed ? Could someone please explain what I have not done ? ?

* RTH ? Where do I EVEN start ... ?

Guys I really am reaching out here and would love your expertise - I thank you in advance.

BW

Hey BW, My diagram above has been looked at by several different guys and everyone says it's good. I've bench tested it and all works perfect. Have you at least flown with your FPV gear with the BASIC setup first?

Tim
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:22 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Thanks Tim - No, Only bench tested the ET but the plane is very proven and works great. Just wanted to ensure Im not overlaoding the system and as I have the ET stuff now installed, I want to have the RTH functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBello View Post

Tim

Tim
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:24 PM
The Toy Man
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2004
270 Posts
I see a whole bunch of great schematics for the OSD Pro & eLoggers but none of the OSD Pro and the Flight Data Recorder Pro.

If you have any experience using those two in combination, I'd love to see your schematics or details on your system. I just posted a request here with my system details here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1671783
I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with using these two.
Thanks!
David
Frisk151 is offline Find More Posts by Frisk151
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:37 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
lost in wiring

Hi
We have purchased a fpv set containing : fat shark predator goggles, immersionrc fatshark compatible video TX, pan-tilt servo mounted ccd camera, Eagle tree e-logger v.4 + OSD, GPS sensor. we're going to install it in a Calmato.

We are TOTALLY lost in wiring all that stuff, particularly in term of batteries (bec) conecting. We use an eflite 60 amp esc (containing a BEC)

Would you be kind to guide us ? We've read seriously your schmes, but they are way too complicated for us newbies.

THX
willi1203 is offline Find More Posts by willi1203
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:26 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
What would be really helpful for people like us ( newbie fpv ) would be some nice tutorial videos to help. I got mine working in 5 minutes but took it apart to install now I can't replicate the previous results !
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Thanks a lot for all information
Title_En is offline Find More Posts by Title_En
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, WV, Salt Rock
Joined Nov 2006
185 Posts
Can someone look this over

I can't get my EE station to work, used PC software, all updated firmware. All I get is the logo in my goggles.
Rick~K is offline Find More Posts by Rick~K
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hockley
Joined Aug 2008
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick~K View Post
I can't get my EE station to work, used PC software, all updated firmware. All I get is the logo in my goggles.
Hi, here's my ET setup if it helps.
Crumpled is offline Find More Posts by Crumpled
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpled View Post
Hi, here's my ET setup if it helps.
BEC to rx you use only +?
Instead of plugging in the GPS to the Elogger GPS port you daisy chain the GPS with the Guardian and it work.?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Hockley
Joined Aug 2008
20 Posts
BEC to RX yes, why?, Guardian then GPS, No drew them the wrong way round, GPS of Logger then daisy chained to Guardian your correct, well spotted
Crumpled is offline Find More Posts by Crumpled