HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:33 PM
If it Flies I Want It!!!! ...
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
149 Posts
My Wiring Diagram .. Can you have a look and double check!

Hi All , About to build this... Complicated i know ... But im trying to build a FPV aircraft with everything i want... Now it is a twin engined Aircraft. Ive never used a Co-pilot before and its the Co-pilot 4 version...

Would like to hear everyones comments .. good and bad....

Does everyone run the power and ground wires through the OSD for servo and Camera or just the Signal Wires...

Best Regards
Michael
citation560v is offline Find More Posts by citation560v
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:11 PM
USA, CA
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Eagle Tree with integrated Autopilot

Here is mine with integrated autopilot
weno2501 is offline Find More Posts by weno2501
Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:26 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Hi,

it is necessary to combine at least mass and video signal? I will only video signal? Applies to video in and out.

Thank you
Twinsbuilder is offline Find More Posts by Twinsbuilder
Old May 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
88 Posts
Eagle Tree OSD RTH

Thanx Crist,
that was helpful.

I am using Co-Pilot 2 instead, but like you I plan to run the Aileron and the Switch straight to the copilot unit / bypassing the OSD.

thanx again,
RootCanalGuy

p.s Power to the Pencil ! & binder paper.
RootCanalGuy is offline Find More Posts by RootCanalGuy
Old May 19, 2011, 05:31 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootCanalGuy View Post
Thanx Crist,
that was helpful.

I am using Co-Pilot 2 instead, but like you I plan to run the Aileron and the Switch straight to the copilot unit / bypassing the OSD.

thanx again,
RootCanalGuy

p.s Power to the Pencil ! & binder paper.
You are welcome. Ditto on the pencil and paper!
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:30 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2 Posts
Wiring diagram for my Skywalker FPV. Will be adding Eagletree Guardian when available.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...4&d=1308526159
Rob_Mohr is offline Find More Posts by Rob_Mohr
Old Jun 20, 2011, 02:16 AM
Joined Jan 2008
12 Posts
Here is my setup for a Trex600. Mind you my setup broke my eLogger at first flight
Hoffa2k is offline Find More Posts by Hoffa2k
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:46 AM
Türkiye, Ankara, Ankara
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts
Dear Bill,
Could you check and tell me your ideas for my diagram, please.
Hakan

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dynamicman is offline Find More Posts by dynamicman
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
Hakan, this diagram looks like it will work to me, at a high level at least, except that there should be only one wire going between the RSSI buffer and the eLogger. Of course, you need to plug the OSD into the eLogger also.
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 04, 2011, 08:34 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2009
373 Posts
Should I worry about ground loop when using single battery for everything and an external bec?

I want to use an external bec , and plan to tap power between esc and elogger. I intend to only connect signal wire from esc to osdpro and connect the bec power to the same plug.

Your inputs appreciated so I can upload a useful wiring diagram.
AeroM'ck'y is offline Find More Posts by AeroM'ck'y
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:03 PM
Joined Jul 2005
269 Posts
OSD Pro Wiring Diagram For 6S Setup

Hi Fellows,

I am new to both FPV and Eagle Tree Equipment and after reading and studying all of their manuals it appears to me that most of them are written with a 3S setup in mind. This project involves a much larger UAV that operates on 6S.

After all of my reading and studying of the manuals, I came up with the attached wiring diagram and would appreciate any suggestions or comments on it.

I was concerned when I read that the regulator in the eLogger was limited above 3S and could shutdown on thermal overload. In my scheme I think I have removed all load off of it except for the GPS.

Also I have another concern about loss of control should the OSD loose power or fail. I haven't been able to find anything that expplains what it does in a failed mode

Again, any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

capman231
capman231 is online now Find More Posts by capman231
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 29, 2011, 08:38 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Aug 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev63 View Post
I read in the documentation that a spektrum receiver can only be connected to the GPS port. In this diagram it's connected to the usb port. So the limitation has been removed and is possible connecting both a spektrum receiver and the gps module?
alexvan is offline Find More Posts by alexvan
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:45 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvan View Post
I read in the documentation that a spektrum receiver can only be connected to the GPS port. In this diagram it's connected to the usb port. So the limitation has been removed and is possible connecting both a spektrum receiver and the gps module?
alexvan
The only reason that i can think of for connecting the USB port of the eLogger to the Rx is to get 5v, but it doesnt seem like the cable is red in the drawing, and the Rx will have 5v from the other ports as well(i beleive).

You normally connect the Throttle cable from the ESC to the OSD Pro's Throttle Out and then the Throttle In goes to the Rx.

Jorn
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Oct 2010
20 Posts
Hi,

does anyone have a drawing or photo for the connection of the eagle tree osd pro with elogger V3 ? I mean the simplest connection,
I have two Giro's, a camera and a video transmitter 1000mW. with a Futaba receiver 8 Cannel

sorry for my bad english,

thanks,

julian
Amsterdam
Julian Amsterdam is offline Find More Posts by Julian Amsterdam
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Oct 2010
20 Posts
Julian Amsterdam again,

it is for a mentor from multiplex

greeting

Julian