HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:01 PM
wasaga beach ont canada
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
randy, the eagltree osd pro works great on a quad. the only thing it won,t do presently is the rth function. i just ordered a second system for a new hex.(my forth et system) the eagletree works great on my quad with a naza controller. it will work just fine on your kk2 quad. if you really want the rth function consider the naza controller but at $400 with gps you,ll still need the et osd for flight logging & all that osd info et displays.my et locks satellites better than the naza. even the $1100 dji wookong controller won,t do everything we want for fpv. the et stuff is well worth the coin imho...rob m
rmorhan is online now Find More Posts by rmorhan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:50 PM
Winter Sucks!!
United States, WI, New Berlin
Joined Aug 2002
751 Posts
HI Rob,
I'm ok if I don't have RTH......I just want to know like you said that everything else
is useable.
I I bought everything from Ready Made in Spring but haven't used it!

The OSD Pro the Elogger, Gps, Gaurdian Stabilization, Eagle Eyes FPV Station.

Will I be able to use the tracking on the Quad also......I bought the Pan & Tilt set up for that too
romans1015 is offline Find More Posts by romans1015
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:01 PM
wasaga beach ont canada
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
randy, the only thing that won,t help on your setup is the guardian stabilizer. i have never used one before but did just order one for a bixler fpv plane i,m putting together. i,ve been using the et stuff for years & couldn,t be happier with the quality...rob m
rmorhan is online now Find More Posts by rmorhan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:39 PM
Winter Sucks!!
United States, WI, New Berlin
Joined Aug 2002
751 Posts
That's good to hear Rob, thanks
romans1015 is offline Find More Posts by romans1015
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Running ET on my hexa with no issues. No stabilizer module though since Naza is good.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
How to connect the V4 eLogger?

I recently purchased the V4 elogger / wire ends by Eagle Tree and after connecting the battery lead to the battery and the ESC lead to the ESC everything was done. I also connected the Y harness supplied with the Elogger to the Throttle on the AR600 Receiver. Much to my dismay it did not work. After removing everything and connecting everything back without the elogger the receiver wouldn't say a word!!!!! Please help with proper connection. (3S 2200mah batter / trial on T28 - checking RPMs)
thanks!
jleehumed is offline Find More Posts by jleehumed
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:36 PM
Dawsonville, Georgia
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
OSD Voltage

Gentlemen,
I am having issues installing OSD Pro with Dragon Link Receiver. The Dragon link is only rated to 9V which I power with a castle BEC set at 6v. The OSD Pro appears to be powered by the Elogger V4 by my 14.8V pack. The Receiver and my servos cannot handle this voltage. My question is does the OSD Pro channel in and outs get power from the Elogger at 14.8 or does the regluated 6v from my dragon link power the servos through the OSD without a voltage jump?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Buzz
buzz kill is offline Find More Posts by buzz kill
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:19 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Buzz,

The OSD Pro does not provide any power to the receiver or servos. It does pass through the power from your receiver/BEC to the servos, however. The OSD Pro does get 5V power from the eLogger.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:15 AM
Joined Feb 2013
27 Posts
Wow!

This is getting complex FAST! So much for plug 'n' play! I am using a setup similar to what "Crumpled" has. AR600 Rx and OSD V4, eLogger V4, GPS V4.

My issue is that I am running two motors on a twin engined aircraft. I am not sure what the BEC does in the diagram, and I am not sure if I need it, or what type of BEC to get. Additionally, will only one BEC do the trick, or will the multiple motors cause me to add another BEC.

Being that the ESC's both require signal, how should they be integrated into the system? I would imagine that one doesn't need to send power back to the Rx.

Also, Crumpled, if you see this, I see in your diags, several numbered items that appear to be notes. Are those notes available so I can get a better understanding of how you completed your wiring?

Also, will be running TWO 11.1V 3S Lipo's in parallel so that I can get a longer duration of flight.

Forgive me if my questions seem lame. I'm a bit new to this!
3rdidvet is offline Find More Posts by 3rdidvet
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:36 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
The BEC supplies power to your receiver.

Usually the ESC (speed controller)
has a BEC (battery elimination circuit) builtin.
but if your esc is of a questionable qualtiy, and you don't fully trust
it enough to use the built in bec,

or if your built in bec, only supplies up to a very low amperage,

then you would want to use an external bec.

So one should do...

Oh, and if you are running two esc's then you want to pull the power coming from one of the bec's.

and if you are running an external bec then you want to pull the power on both of your esc's with the builtin bec.

basically you only want to supply power from one source...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdidvet View Post

This is getting complex FAST! So much for plug 'n' play! I am using a setup similar to what "Crumpled" has. AR600 Rx and OSD V4, eLogger V4, GPS V4.

My issue is that I am running two motors on a twin engined aircraft. I am not sure what the BEC does in the diagram, and I am not sure if I need it, or what type of BEC to get. Additionally, will only one BEC do the trick, or will the multiple motors cause me to add another BEC.

Being that the ESC's both require signal, how should they be integrated into the system? I would imagine that one doesn't need to send power back to the Rx.

Also, Crumpled, if you see this, I see in your diags, several numbered items that appear to be notes. Are those notes available so I can get a better understanding of how you completed your wiring?

Also, will be running TWO 11.1V 3S Lipo's in parallel so that I can get a longer duration of flight.

m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Feb 2013
27 Posts
Ok, Mike... I am going to drag this entire post over to the other conversation that we started so I can try to keep it all in one place. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
The BEC supplies power to your receiver.

Usually the ESC (speed controller)
has a BEC (battery elimination circuit) builtin.
but if your esc is of a questionable qualtiy, and you don't fully trust
it enough to use the built in bec,

or if your built in bec, only supplies up to a very low amperage,

then you would want to use an external bec.

So one should do...

Oh, and if you are running two esc's then you want to pull the power coming from one of the bec's.

and if you are running an external bec then you want to pull the power on both of your esc's with the builtin bec.

basically you only want to supply power from one source...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:07 PM
Joined Feb 2013
27 Posts
Essentially I am trying to follow this WD, but, of course need to show the other motor. One of the other fellows on here posted it, and it seems to fit me best. Trying to find a program to edit this pic and add / modify it to fit my setup.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:55 PM
Assault the sky
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2004
152 Posts
My video IN and video OUT pins are BOTH connected to the camera AND transmitter -- in other words, you could swap the video-in and video-out plugs and nothing would change (I did this so that if the OSDpro completely fails, I'd still have video, but no OSD overlay.)

I noticed that the text is not as bright as in my friend's installation. Is this the reason?
secretspy711 is offline Find More Posts by secretspy711
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:17 PM
United States, CO, Silverthorne
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Has anyone done a diagram using the TBS core, TBS lawmate 2.4Ghz and TBS69 camera?

I'm trying to get away from using the crap infested ezOSD (TBS ezOSD) system since this is the second current sensor that's gone out on me, the unit wont connect via USB nor will the GPS work.
TZZDC1241 is offline Find More Posts by TZZDC1241
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:06 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
Has anyone done a diagram using the TBS core, TBS lawmate 2.4Ghz and TBS69 camera?

I'm trying to get away from using the crap infested ezOSD (TBS ezOSD) system since this is the second current sensor that's gone out on me, the unit wont connect via USB nor will the GPS work.
I'm not sure exactly what the core does.

The tbs 69 and the lawmate would all be just like any other diagram

I haven't spent much time looking at the core, so I'm not sure how you would incorporate it, other than if it is a Voltage regulator and / or a BEC, then you would insert its' capabilities instead of using a different device.

It should be pretty straight forward...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson