HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2010, 06:33 PM
bristol
Joined Nov 2008
190 Posts
Discussion
help with graupner flex shafts ?

right i would like to put one of these shafts into my mini mono so do they have at the end of the coupling a flex bit instead of soild ?

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/...ex-shafts.html

sorry if i sound dumb just need to know so i have a bit of flex beacues i dnot think motor will go low enough also i thought they were cheap ? are they worth it ?

cheers alex
taffy047 is offline Find More Posts by taffy047
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2010, 07:46 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,163 Posts
The picture is small but it says: "Stainless Steel Shaft with Nickle Plated Brass Tube and Brass Bushings."

I would take that as being a solid shaft.

Graupner makes flex couplers, dont know what size you need... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=grp-3344
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Aug 04, 2010, 02:10 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,035 Posts
Hi Alex,

These shafts are designed for scale boats with slow revving motors, hence the brass bushings.
If you use a flex coupler and put stress on the inside bushing, it'll wear relatively fast and will start to rattle and leak.

If you only run the boat every once and a while that's no problem, 'heavy' use will result in the above situation.

I'd rather go for a 'real' flexshaft and strut/stinger in that case.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Aug 04, 2010, 02:23 AM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
i agree with scorpion and jan, could use a solid shaft with flex coupler or buy a complete flex shaft, go with the flexi shaft, its cheaper
nick30head is offline Find More Posts by nick30head