HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:58 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Aug 2003
594 Posts
Beautiful Day at Spreckles Lake Today

Beautiful Day in the park today. Winds are very light and the water is so clear that you can see the bottom. Lots of carp swimming by as well. Bob SF
Bob SF is offline Find More Posts by Bob SF
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:48 AM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
656 Posts
My son has a laser but haven't sailed it, yet.
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:52 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Aug 2003
594 Posts
Hi Sunworksco, you and your son will enjoy the boat. My favorite part of its design is its simplicity. You grab the radio, charge the batteries, put the big blue bag in the car and go. Callie Graphics. www.callie-graphics.com did the decals and sail numbers for me and her work is really good and her prices are more than fabulous. Come out and sail with us.
Bob SF
Bob SF is offline Find More Posts by Bob SF
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:40 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
597 Posts
beer-can racing Saturday afternoon

Several of us will splash sailboats after the SFMYC's February meeting. Join us. Beer-can racing is informal, without forms, fees, prizes and Nothing But Fun (NBF). More boats are more better. Big, little, new, old, light, heavy, free-sail, RC. What's the point? Good people with good boats make for a good time. CU on the water. Jenthusiast without portfolioT
wyldrydes2 is offline Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
Last edited by wyldrydes2; Feb 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:40 AM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
597 Posts
meeting/.frostbite.beer-can

Informative short meeting and excellent winter projects on display (frostbite) plus warm air, light winds and good camaraderie make for a hugely successful Beer-Can Race #5. Thanks to Jim, Bud, Ryan, Jeff, plus others for splashing boats today. Attaboys!

Beer-can race #6 is penciled in for Monday of Memorial Day weekend. More to follow. We hope the 3 Wheelers (79" LOA) and many SBOD's (70" LOA) will to be on Spreckels Lake Monday of Memorial Day weekend for a show of big boats along with FOOTYs and everything in between early in this sailing season.
wyldrydes2 is offline Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
Last edited by wyldrydes2; Feb 20, 2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: add info
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:35 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,511 Posts
winner !
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:25 AM
victoria, bc
Joined Oct 2003
747 Posts
A group of good looking boats!
mike_victoriaBC is offline Find More Posts by mike_victoriaBC
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:45 PM
j12
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Here are a few pictures from today, you can find more pictures here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ipbvhqjg9wlvl03/yUPYQJj4kA#/
j12 is offline Find More Posts by j12
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:56 AM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,635 Posts
Really nice shots, Justin! Thanks for posting them ...
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:50 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,265 Posts
Great pictures, more info. on the Dixie Lea please.
MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2010
196 Posts
Millertime. In answer to the Dixie Lea. She was built by Al Collins in the 1970's. When he passed it was donated to the SFMYC in 1979. I am taking care of her at this time. She was scratch built using plans, profile line drawing of the "Southern Belle". The plans appear to be from Germany, "Mississippi-Schubschiff, SOUTHERN BELLE, Vorbildgetreues RC-Model Fur, Elektromotor-Antrieb, Von, Dieter Mack." Here is some data: length; 29 1/2", OAL: 37", beam 11 1/4", draft: 1 1/2", paddle wheel: 7x7". I don't know what the motor & gear box came from. It has a miniature bike chain from motor/gear box to crank shaft. It is running Futaba 4 channel w/ ESC, 7.2 V NMH battery, steam whistle sound from RAM, and now has a 6V smoke unit from Australia that I got from E-bay. Hope this helps. E-mail me if you have more questions. Cpl.fuzz
CPL.FUZZ is offline Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:05 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,265 Posts
Thank You Cpl.fuzz.
MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:33 PM
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
871 Posts
What time should one show up for the Rag Top stink pot event next weekend? I would like to participate. Ryan
Rssailor is offline Find More Posts by Rssailor
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:13 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2007
255 Posts
Calendar:
March 9 Sat (12:30pm) The Rag Top/Stink Pot Regatta

Feb Nautical News:
March 9 – Opening Day The RagTop/StinkPot Regatta
The RagTop/StinkPot Regatta will be held on Saturday, March 9th starting, officially, around 13:00 hours on the north side of the Lake at the starting gate of the Sail Squadron’s (the RagTops) racing course. As this the sailing season’s opening day for both squadrons, and everyone appears to be chomping at the bit already, it was decided in the January meeting to forgo the March meeting and just ‘git into the water!’ That being the case, the Power Boat Squadron (the StinkPots) can get an early start on their sea legs in the morning over in the regular ‘restricted waters’ area against the South Shore next to JFK Drive before walking their boats over to the ‘Sail Side’ on the North Shore for the competition, but more about that in the March Nautical News.
tugs is offline Find More Posts by tugs
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:30 AM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,635 Posts
Thanks tugs

I'd say come on out and play early in the day on the south shore scale area (inside the buoys) then as time gets close, head on over to the north side of the Lake for the regatta. Don't forget a spare set of batteries for the regatta!!

A'wearin' my Power Squadron Officer's Hat
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member