HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2010, 11:42 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,488 Posts
Discussion
Off Topic: Micro Boat Forum, Official Poll has begun

Every type of RC has its own micro sub-forum, except the boating type.
The big boat guys are trying to keep us down. (For what reason, I do not know)
Please help out in the voting for the new forum.
New Forum Suggestion - Micro and Sub-Micro Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp Abuser View Post
From my observations starting about 9yrs back participating with RC Groups the trends hold true today.

electric planes (have many many sub forums)They didn't at first.

Boat forums like the other forums grow. Water crafts can be drawn down to many levels when you are talking electrics just like the planes its going to happen ultimately there will be interested in all sizes. IT IS without question limited sources for true quality micro electric boats and parts on the market. It is true there are more and more boaters willing to excel in there passions of micro models such as the art of wood crafting the list will go on. For now you can gaze at all the toy types flooding the market.

The gear we see in the (electric boat forum) bears no credence with the parts we need for our efforts let alone the general interests of that forum. This lack of sources and no advertisement in the main forum slows our quest and buries our data our efforts and resources amongst the hoard of new threads started up by others that use batteries weighing more then our entire craft.

This demands help for growth into a new direction. Our generation of crafters with our efforts here in this thread need to be documented while the gettin's good to help pave the way for others to there own personal achievements and teachings for our community here on RC Groups.

I personally want a place where I can gather and share data that deals with all forms of light water craft micro in size.

One Day it could expand to:

Scale Micro Boats
Gas Micro Boats
Nitro Micro Boats
Electric Micro Boats
Hybrid Micro Boats

The electric guys over at the plane forum call it (Under Aircraft -Electric -Airplanes sub forum name is (indoor and micro models)
We need (Boats -micro models) at least.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2010, 08:05 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,488 Posts
We are winning by .82%. That isn't enough.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2010, 12:25 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
how much is enough? i've voted for it to happen, but i don't think enough people are. is 90% enough? i bet i can get some more people to go for it if you post this in the car section as well.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Aug 05, 2010, 05:48 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,488 Posts
It would be cool to post in the car forum, but it would be completely irrelevant.

We need 75% yes votes, but it is a while before the poll time runs out. That gives much time for nonmicro enthusiasts to say no. Right now we are winning by 1.53%.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2010, 08:13 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
yes! it's slowly gaining popularity. i want to have one, i mean if they don't want one then don't go in it, it's that simple.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 05:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
I would like to see Losi make Micro boats they do such a good job with their small cars and trucks
idocdave01 is offline Find More Posts by idocdave01
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:20 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
yeah, but proboat is horizonhobby's boat company, so they won't come out with them. but proboat should.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:58 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
I have to admit this has caught my interest, I'm on an iPhone right now so I can't vote as at some point today rcgroups have a "iPhone/mobile internet format" that is "forced" I can't select the normal website, as soon as I am on a pc I will vote in favour!

I'll have micro anything for rc!
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:10 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
check the micro boat section, they got it.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:25 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,488 Posts
Ya, I hate the new mobile version.
RCG Plus Member