HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2010, 03:08 PM
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
Discussion
Walkera 4f200 Transmitter Setup

Could someone please explain to me or send me a video on how to setup a 2801pro transmitter with a walkera 4f200 helicopter. My pitch/throttle curves are not setup correctly and I need to reset them. Any help is appreciated.
osikowim7 is offline Find More Posts by osikowim7
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2010, 03:40 PM
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
I lost all the transmitter settings for my walkera 4f200.
osikowim7 is offline Find More Posts by osikowim7
Old Aug 02, 2010, 03:44 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Heres quote from another thread. BTW you would be better off asking questions in one of the 4F200 threads in the micro section. Heres a little info anyhow-

Quote from dkfuji, I think-

You will have to switch the swash type to "1 servo" for this Rx to work properly. Much like other FL systems (i.e., SK720, 360 and 3G) they all work on 1 servo swash type. You can then use the Rev switches on the Tx to get the servos to move correctly. BTW, all of my models are set-up in Mode 2 stick which makes the throttle on the left. Here is my Tx set-up for those of you who are still having trouble with this heli (I have 3 of them flying perfectly).

Stick Mode: Mode 2
Swash: 1 Servo NORM
Reverse: Elev - Revs; Aile - Revs; Thro - Norm; Rudd - Norm; Pit - Norm
Trvadj: All 100% except Rudd - 120%
Swaats: Not Available (not needed)
Gyrhld: Gyrosens -> Auto -> 0: 79%, 1: 79% FMode: Norm, Stnt, Hold:0
DR&EXP: Ele, Ail and Rudd D/R 100% and Exp +35%
Curves: Thrcurv -> Nor: Linear; St1: 90% across; St2: 100% across
Pitcurv -> Linear in all modes (0-25-50-75-100)
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
freeport ,new york
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
i thought rtf means ready to fly but i guess not . I did all the settings and the heli didnt hover . ? about linkages are they all supposed to be 30mm. or should i just try to make the swash level at mid stick ? upper 30mm and lower linkages ? 30mm or close and adjust for swash level? and whats the reciever gyro supposed to be set at ? Mass production helis from my gues are close to settings but mine are not and the company said they test flown it ....rtf""". i bought the 4f200 to just have a fbarless and just fly gues not any suggestions and should i contact company and the person who tested and flown the heli ?
avia gforce is offline Find More Posts by avia gforce
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:53 AM
manteca ca
Joined Oct 2009
9 Posts
hey i had pretty much the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avia gforce View Post
i thought rtf means ready to fly but i guess not . I did all the settings and the heli didnt hover . ? about linkages are they all supposed to be 30mm. or should i just try to make the swash level at mid stick ? upper 30mm and lower linkages ? 30mm or close and adjust for swash level? and whats the reciever gyro supposed to be set at ? Mass production helis from my gues are close to settings but mine are not and the company said they test flown it ....rtf""". i bought the 4f200 to just have a fbarless and just fly gues not any suggestions and should i contact company and the person who tested and flown the heli ?
i had to set up mine under a new file that had not been, used rather then righting over a old file's setting. good luck
barg is offline Find More Posts by barg
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:27 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Of the 14 or so "RTF" heli I have only one was actually ready to fly. All so called RTF heli need a little research and setup I think.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 05:56 PM
freeport ,new york
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
docile flight

I wanted to know if lowering the servo travel will make the heli less responsive to hover or should i play with the expo i had bought the 4f200 from wow and they said ready to fly from what i se on thier setup the swash was not level and the upper linkages was way off but consideringthe new gyro setup by walkera wasnt sure but my gut feelings say go withbobs videos well maybe the 3 axis stablizer is not working properly any help would be apreciated . i have no problems with my trexs 250 450 500 and just wanted flybarlessto see what walkera has to offer !
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:25 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avia gforce View Post
I wanted to know if lowering the servo travel will make the heli less responsive to hover or should i play with the expo i had bought the 4f200 from wow and they said ready to fly from what i se on thier setup the swash was not level and the upper linkages was way off but consideringthe new gyro setup by walkera wasnt sure but my gut feelings say go withbobs videos well maybe the 3 axis stablizer is not working properly any help would be apreciated . i have no problems with my trexs 250 450 500 and just wanted flybarlessto see what walkera has to offer !
Before you do any mechanical adjustment of the swash you need to turn the RX dip switch to "adj" so the gyro's dont input, then revert it before flight. You could add some expo, and if you want less travel I guess setting up dual rates is a better option, rather than reducing your servo travel. Fitting TREX250 plastic blades are a great assist for taming down the 4F200(you need to make spacers for them to fit). Any vibration messes up Walkera 3-axis gyro's often causing a tip over if your not carefull. Once your happy everything is working OK, try and punch straight up to a metre or so.

Mick

Here a good 4F200 thread with plenty of info-

Link- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265083
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:08 AM
freeport ,new york
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
hey guys thanks for the info,