HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2003, 06:42 AM
Ceredigion, Wales.
Joined Oct 2000
349 Posts
Wattage F86 bungee hook position.

Having recently completed a pedal bungee launcher and used it with success on an Alliance and Wattage Mirage I am now looking at my Sabre. Any suggestions where and how to fit a hook. [nothing rude !] As far as I can see the obvious area is occupied by the battery hatch. As far as I understand a hook should be well ahead of rhe cg. Is just behind the hatch too close ? I know some may say you can hand launch the aforementioned planes. However I fly throttle right and am left handed. Thus I chuck it and then have to get onto the elevator, literally, immediately with my left hand. My experience is that the split second before I get on the elevator makes all the difference. Hope I haven't waffled on too much. Fellow left handers, like me, must get many ribald comments about doing "everything" with their left hand or do I mix with just the disgusting modellers. My experience is that all modellers are disgusting.
Arthur is offline Find More Posts by Arthur
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2003, 02:49 PM
Wichita, KS
Joined Apr 2003
515 Posts
I posted a belly view of my Wattage F-86 that shows the hook, posted as NACA duct help.
William E Brown is offline Find More Posts by William E Brown
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:11 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,500 Posts
I must be really addled.

Why would anyone want to bungee launch a Wattage F86?

This is supposed to be a park flyer, isn't it?
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck
Old Jun 26, 2003, 09:00 AM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,881 Posts
i also agree whith Larry , it would seem to me you would rip the bottom of the plane to shredds on take off , my 02 cents . Ed
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver