SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:16 PM
Lansdowne, Pa
Joined May 2010
240 Posts
Discussion
My Champ with his Champ

About a week ago, I let my son(12 yrs old) fly my Mini Super Cub and he did great. I was so impressed that I gave it to him on the spot. Between him and I learning to fly, the MSC is pretty beat. He had some money and asked if he could buy a new plane. After reading how many like the Champ, that's what we decided on.

Today we got the Champ and he took the wife and I over to the local park to show us his stuff. He impressed us both bigtime. He flew around the park without a single crash. He did some good landings on the baseball infield and made a few takeoffs too. He even got cocky and did a loop(I wasn't too crazy about that one).

I think he has a natural knack for this.
akozols is offline Find More Posts by akozols
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:03 PM
Bend, Oregon
Joined Mar 2010
371 Posts
Thats cool. My 13 year old son is the same way. He amazes me everytime I watch him fly his MSC....

I'm leaving here in a little bit to go to the LHS to pick up my Champ
Right now there is no wind, I hope it lasts all day.

Its great having a common interest to share with your kids
Piper Cub Man is offline Find More Posts by Piper Cub Man
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:07 PM
Lansdowne, Pa
Joined May 2010
240 Posts
Here's a vid of Josh flying his Champ.
Hobbyzone Champ 12yr old flying (2 min 57 sec)
Old Aug 01, 2010, 02:53 AM
USA, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2009
812 Posts
It is great to get some new, young blood into the sport!
benski is offline Find More Posts by benski
Old Aug 01, 2010, 08:08 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,045 Posts
akozols, nice flying, your Son did really well. I think that the younger gen is a natural for this hobby as their hands and minds are already trained from controlers and vid games. You guys will have a blast sharing this hobby together. I got my 26 year old Son into flying late last year and we have had some great fun together. Looks like it's time for you guy's to pick up a few 4 channel plane and really lite it up!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Aug 01, 2010, 07:49 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
He keeps WOT almost the whole time! You just hooked a new RC junkie. He'll be flying EDF's in no time! You may need to get him a Micro P51 by the time school starts back up! That with a dozen batteries and maybe 3 spare motors should keep him minimally satisfied until Christmas.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Aug 01, 2010, 08:36 PM
Lansdowne, Pa
Joined May 2010
240 Posts
Thanks for the replies. All those years of video games has given him great hand/eye coordination. I just found out that you can bind the Champ transmitter to the Micro P51, so it will probably be his next plane.
Old Aug 02, 2010, 03:08 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,045 Posts
I love the micro P-51, it was a litle bit of a handful at first, but once ya get the hang of it it will fly circles around the lite pole in a parking lot. Awsome little plane! It will also fly as high as you dare take it up!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Aug 03, 2010, 03:46 AM
Bend, Oregon
Joined Mar 2010
371 Posts
Looks like he did great... My son flies the same way
Kids have no fear. Especially if they don't have to pay to fix them
Piper Cub Man is offline Find More Posts by Piper Cub Man