Closed Thread
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:21 AM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
Discussion
hobbyshopwarehouse a real American company

Finale a hobby store with American values and standards. Plane not in stock, no problem.. they will get it for you! The days of waiting for the slow boat from China to come in are over, companies that purchase large sums of planes to save in shipping cost but do not pass the saving to the customer is un American especially in these times. I'm all for making a buck, but not taking a order because your not gonna make as much on 1 plane because it had to be airmailed is bad business. This really pis#fg me off, how a company can be a OEM and keep the customer waiting is beyond me if they are oem they should have to be required to take an order and have it sent from china by airmail.

Here is an example, you can order from Rccastle, aerial hobby, or hobbyking the planes are with in a few pennies of each other. 90% of the time the overseas guys are cheaper than BANANAHOBBY or Hobbylobby. So why is it that you can order overseas pay about 15 bucks more for shipping and still come out cheaper than BH or HL with reg, ground shipping. Yes it may take 7 to 10 days to get an item, but thats better than waiting for stock to be filled. Also why are the planes costing more?

Well thats all in the past now that hobbyshopwarehouse is here no more made exclusive for BH bull $#!*, besides that line is a lie.... this stiff is made ahead of time and the first hobby store that picks up on the large order gets the rights for the us market. This sounds a lot like Russia, "Danny this isn't is it, is this Russia" sorry caddy shack line.

Just got 1 of many planes that I ordered way to go HSW!

Talk to Chuck he will get what ever you looking for,

1 last example... I needed a decal sheet for a jpower A7, it was originally a HL plane, and even HL would not order for me because they dropped the plane, I'm like what does that matter? Your one of dealer just order it?

Same for BH I needed wing and naceles for the large A10 they sale since they do not have it listed on site I can't get it... they are not wiling to make a special order, oh well I know where can get it now!!!

Customer service is excellent, has the same motto as my company, customers all ways right, and go above and beyond the call of duty to fill even small orders, a good business man know that one small order can lead to one large order in the future or many orders from word of mouth....
zach_dad is offline Find More Posts by zach_dad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:52 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
WOW I'm speechless Zach!
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:54 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
785 Posts
Just curious, what plane did you order and receive from them? I am interested in a couple of models on the site but don't need a RTF would rather just have PNP or a kit. I have been watching that LX models debate as well...
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:13 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,535 Posts
Glad too hear this......sounds like we have a new Game Changer........if they prove out, they will get all my business. I have already placed 2 orders myself, and will report back when they show up.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:20 AM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
They have kits to, I ordered the f16 90mm, F18 90mm, mig 29 large, and a flyfly mirage. I'm gonna order 90mm eurofighter, su34, F104, and F86 large with edlectric retracts. Pretty much anything that BH or HL has they can get. If your have the means I highly recomend them, forget the wait, tallk to a real person and rc pilot, and feel what good customer service is all about! I do not care if it has to be brought over from china and there could be a 2 week wait, there saving me money and I do not have to keep calling about when will such and such be in stock, or expectexd date for preorders....
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:26 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,099 Posts
Please add me to your list.

Fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:42 AM
Suspended Account
TEXAS
Joined Sep 2005
1,006 Posts
You can ck them out at www.hobbyshopwarehouse.com, oh by the way here is a real phone line that actually gets answered 866 856 1559 or cell 786 376 5176 of the owner and you do not have to juan pablo montoya to get that number....
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:48 AM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Good to hear they offer good customer service. But, is it just me, or are their prices pretty high??
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:59 AM
Joined Jan 2010
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
Just curious, what plane did you order and receive from them? I am interested in a couple of models on the site but don't need a RTF would rather just have PNP or a kit. I have been watching that LX models debate as well...
just give us a call I will get you whatever you want there is no limitations on what you can buy everything here comes with a discount also we have the Hottest and fastest setups available in combo pricing are featured motors are ARC, HOFFMANS,MEDUSA, & SAPAC MOTORS, Castle & Hobbywing Esc, anything you need from 30mm to 120mm is available plus all batteries are 2 for 1 plus shppg visit are site @ www.hobbyshopwarehouse.com or call 866-856-1559
FLYGUY24/7 is offline Find More Posts by FLYGUY24/7
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:14 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,099 Posts
I hope they take credit cards because I don't want to do any business with paypal or get charge thru them!!!!
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:42 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Wow! This is truly sad! A desperate attempt to attract sales. I won't buy a thing for hobbyshopwarehouse or Venom Corp.

Both companies have "Sleezy" business practices! Period!

Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 80mm F-86
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:42 AM
Columbus Ohio
Joined Aug 2009
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_dad View Post
You can ck them out at www.hobbyshopwarehouse.com, oh by the way here is a real phone line that actually gets answered 866 856 1559 or cell 786 376 5176 of the owner and you do not have to juan pablo montoya to get that number....
Wow, who pissed in your Cherrios?
jsbaugh is offline Find More Posts by jsbaugh
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:01 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
I have been buying from Venom for a few years, they are a great company. That said hobbyshopwarehouse needs to QC their site. I found a cool T-bird F-22 but they want $9,999 for it! I could get a turbine RTF for that cost!

http://shop.hobbyshopwarehouse.com/F...A-JE1118-T.htm

How about a hawk for $100,000!!! Hope I get a free battery and the retracts work as advertised!

http://shop.hobbyshopwarehouse.com/T...E-A-JE1115.htm
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:14 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc135boomer View Post
I have been buying from Venom for a few years, they are a great company. That said hobbyshopwarehouse needs to QC their site. I found a cool T-bird F-22 but they want $9,999 for it! I could get a turbine RTF for that cost!

http://shop.hobbyshopwarehouse.com/F...A-JE1118-T.htm

How about a hawk for $100,000!!! Hope I get a free battery and the retracts work as advertised!

http://shop.hobbyshopwarehouse.com/T...E-A-JE1115.htm
boomer- Unfortunately, what Venom did to Banana Hobby is wrong and shady! I can't support that type of business and I have supported several great companies. Venom is not one of them. Period!

hobbyshopwarehouse is another company you need to watch. These guys are an unauthorized LX dealer. LX will be posting this fact on their website and here on the Groups.

Regards,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Jul 30, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:20 AM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
Am I reading them right?? Buy the RTF, and get the ARF free?? So one ready to fly plane, and a spare airframe for the price??
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Closed Thread