HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GregG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:19 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,323 Posts
Discussion
Latest changes

I'm having so much fun with the new toy. It makes me feel like a new person. Along with working on the car I've managed to work on quite a few things around the house that I've been putting off. I guess this is a good thing.

Yesterday I took it downtown to Pantels Music Box. Mark Pantel and I belong to the same flying club. He's a real upstanding club member and I felt it would be in good hands while he had it.

It didn't take him long to pull the old alarm out, clean up the old wiring harness, and install a state of the art Viper Auto Security system. The best thing about this is, I could remove my temporary hot wires and use the ignition key as it was originally intended.

This morning I took it over to the tire store and got replacements for the aging tires that were on it. Turns out the old tires really were old, 20+ years to be exact! The rear tires remained the same size but the fronts went down to 205 50 15. This had the desired effect of lowering the front end 2.5".

The car sits level now. What do you think, are the fronts too small?
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Last edited by GregG; Jul 30, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:33 PM
"Where are the shovels?"
Joined Apr 2010
818 Posts
I don't think anyone will be paying attention to the tires on this car, much for the same reason nobody notices the boat in this photo
wise guy is offline Find More Posts by wise guy
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:50 PM
USA, NY, Cedarhurst
Joined Mar 2010
1,008 Posts
lol... thats a nice DONZI... The lazer is cool too, saw one once, had no idea what it was...
vicovaludemero is offline Find More Posts by vicovaludemero