Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Discussion
Gen Ace 25C 3S 2200

Where they originate from:
http://www.rc-battery.com/app/menu.php?op=index

Their member rep.
ericyao22

I was contacted back in April to see if i was interested in testing these batteries and after several months I finally agreed to test one.
It is the same physical size as most other 2200-2250 3S LiPolys. It weighs 188 grams / 6.6 oz. it has 4-1/2" long 14 ga. leads with a Deans Ultra clone and JST-XH balancing connector. Pack construction seems good as was noted by another tester in another thread.

It is rated for 5C or even perhaps up to 8C charging.
1St charge was at 2.5A cell IRs. 3.9 - 3.0 - 3.0 @ 78F
2nd. charge was at 5A cell IRs 3.7 - 2.7 - 2.7 @ 78F
3rd. charge at 7.5A IRs 3.6 - 2.4 - 2.4 @ 82F
4th charge also at 7.5A
5th charge # 5 @ 10A

Dsc#1 @ 10A 2,244 mAh
D#2 @20A 2,239 mAh
D# 3 @30A 2,200 mAh 118F
D#4 @ 40A 2,196 mAh 125F
D# 5 @50A 2,144 mAh 131 F

currently running cycles ,10A charges and 30A discharges.
D#12 with 2,000 mAh delivered all cells 3.56V total capacity delivered 2,200 mAh. A few minutes after discharge cells at 3.42 / 3.3.46 / 3.48

Charge # 14 rate 10A Temp. 84F Cell IRs 3.8 / 2.3 /2.3 17:16 for 2,204 mAh after a 30A 2.200 mAh discharge to 10V.

8-15-10 added an IR and volts / capacity graph

Not on graph but charge # 97 @10 with pack at 96F cell IRs 2.2 / 2.2 / 2.3 m Ohm.
Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Aug 15, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:33 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Added an Ace25C and Hyperion VX (35c) comparison graph to post #1.

Charles
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:54 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,455 Posts
Look to be really solid performers and quite conservatively rated given the fact that they handily outperformed 35C rated Hyperions. Yet another example why 'C' ratings are marginally useful at best. .

Nice packs!

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mrforsyth; Jul 30, 2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:22 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
Look to be really solid performers and quite conservatively rated
Perhaps to conservatively rated. I have a strange feeling about these , not sure what exactly is going on but somthing just does not feel right.

I have 33 cycles on it now and if it is lucky it will get to go flying in the morning.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jul 30, 2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:47 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,159 Posts
These are real 25C packs!!!

Is the shock big Charles...that there are also other brands that perform very high?
Even beat brands that you think are top products?

For me old news..... and I am not even a tester.

Welcome in 2010 Charles
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Jul 31, 2010, 05:01 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
A few points non of which you need to agree with.

High claimed / stated C rates sells LiPolys thus few compinies would rate them much lower than they really are.

IMO these have not really beat anything as yet due to the simple fact that I have had it just over a day and it has not made it to 100 cycles as yet much less 200 ,300 or more . hird I have no idea what thses sell for so they may cost 10 timres as much as your favorites.

I do agree that you are not a tester and as such you post opinions based on what you think is of no value to me at all , you have no accurate / hard data to back up any of your numerious post of the outsatnding performane of your prefered brands.I have read thousands of ,,my new LiPoys are super power and make my jumping jack flash climb striaght up and I can fly for 15 minutes thre flights without even having to recharge the battery These post merely tell me the poster has no real experience and could not find a post on his motor / battery if his vacation depended on it.
Charles
Old Jul 31, 2010, 06:22 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
These are real 25C packs!!!

Is the shock big Charles...that there are also other brands that perform very high?
Even beat brands that you think are top products?

For me old news..... and I am not even a tester.

Welcome in 2010 Charles
Do you fly these packs and have data ?I never heard of them before now, They have been many True 25C packs out there. including Spyder,Em,quantum hobbies,not just the high name guys. This looks real interesting, there website shows no prices, wonder why that is. I am interested in the long run as always that is most important w/o much loose.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Jul 31, 2010, 06:50 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
A few points non of which you need to agree with.

High claimed / stated C rates sells LiPolys thus few compinies would rate them much lower than they really are.

IMO these have not really beat anything as yet due to the simple fact that I have had it just over a day and it has not made it to 100 cycles as yet much less 200 ,300 or more . hird I have no idea what thses sell for so they may cost 10 timres as much as your favorites.

I do agree that you are not a tester and as such you post opinions based on what you think is of no value to me at all , you have no accurate / hard data to back up any of your numerious post of the outsatnding performane of your prefered brands.I have read thousands of ,,my new LiPoys are super power and make my jumping jack flash climb striaght up and I can fly for 15 minutes thre flights without even having to recharge the battery These post merely tell me the poster has no real experience and could not find a post on his motor / battery if his vacation depended on it.
Charles
Well, the only thing I can proof is that you are often wrong with your claims.

You say that TP and Hyperions are top products.
But hard facts remain different.
There are more good brands.

Below two examples of brands that beat the Hyperion brand at 35C:
http://www.elektromodellflug.de/akku...emonrc-35c.htm
http://www.elektromodellflug.de/akku...ckline-35c.htm

Hyperion 35C:
http://www.elektromodellflug.de/akku...rion-cx-g3.htm

Sorry Charles, but these are not my data.
These are hard facts provided by somebody else.

Of course I understand your frustration, but there are simply more great packs these days!!!
Welcome in 2010!!!!!

You sufffer from tunnel vision and that is pitty.

Cheers,

Rob

Ps.
http://www.elektromodellflug.de/akku...3-35c-lipo.htm
What to think about these!!!
Last edited by TreeDiver; Jul 31, 2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 06:57 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Do you fly these packs and have data ?I never heard of them before now, They have been many True 25C packs out there. including Spyder,Em,quantum hobbies,not just the high name guys. This looks real interesting, there website shows no prices, wonder why that is. I am interested in the long run as always that is most important w/o much loose.
Nope... never used them.
If they where available in Europe for a fair price, sure I would give them a try.

My point is that there are more "good" brands out there.
I mention also a few links of some other brands here in Europe that are "top".

Here at RCgroups, some claim that TP and Hyperion are the top products.
But there is more!
Which is cool

Competition is good for the market and also good for the price.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 08:05 AM
WATTSUP.SE
Sweden
Joined Dec 2001
2,307 Posts
Been testing Gens Ace a few moth, but the way i see it its to early to say much about a battery that only has 33 cycles, atleast 100, and including such things as performance, matching, build qualety, loss of capacity, charge/ fast charge, usage.

Regarding build qualety the Gens AcePow 2200 3s 25c pack i tested are the best i have seen, regarding power there is better and regarding cycle life, but it performs well over average, abit heavy perhaps but that is thanks to its design with alu plates and extra protection, well worth it if you ask me.

Great testing Charles, very similar results as i have had.
Jocke is offline Find More Posts by Jocke
Old Jul 31, 2010, 08:16 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Been testing Gens Ace a few moth, but the way i see it its to early to say much about a battery that only has 33 cycles, atleast 100, and including such things as performance, matching, build qualety, loss of capacity, charge/ fast charge, usage.

Regarding build qualety the Gens AcePow 2200 3s 25c pack i tested are the best i have seen, regarding power there is better and regarding cycle life, but it performs well over average, abit heavy perhaps but that is thanks to its design with alu plates and extra protection, well worth it if you ask me.

What is the weight of this 2200 3s pack?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 09:21 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
What is the weight of this 2200 3s pack?
And you say I jave tunnel vision. Atleast I can and do read. See the first post in the thread for the weight.

Quote:
My point is that there are more "good" brands out there.
I have posted many times there are a lot of good LiPolys out there. I have even posted that the $15 Blue 3S 2200 is better than the $87 Kokam I purchased about 7 years ago. The fact remainds however that non of the other non - preinum brand LiPlys I have tested / flown have made it to 100 cycles much less 200,300 or more.

These looked great in the beginning

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993012

as did these

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989101

and these

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1060583

Al of the above have been retired from service long ago and non made it to 100 cycles.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Aug 01, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 09:36 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Jocke.

Your test was one reason I agreed to test these and the comment I made about pasck construction was pasted entirely on youtr post. IMO they could up performance a bit by using shorter / heavier leads.

Charles
Old Jul 31, 2010, 09:36 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
And you say I jave tunnel vision. Atleast I can and do read. See the first post in the thread for the weight.

Charles

Sorry...overlooked.

188gram.
Not a bad weight for a pack that is a real 25C pack.

Cheers,
Rob
Old Jul 31, 2010, 09:53 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,159 Posts
Charles,

Your own test of this Ace Gen, will proof that there are more great brands out there
Of course I understand that you focus with your test on the packs that you get for free and are part of the USA market.

Q3 Orange, is a brand that has fair prices in Europe.
They have the wrong balancer connection, otherwise I would have purchased them.
The test of Gerd Giese, shows that these packs are "very" good.

Anyhow...would be good to know if these Gen Ace appear also at the Europian market.
And what price tags they will have.

http://www.modellbau-bichler.com/q3o...dbbbd0c00dda33

Q3 Orange are 39-- Euros. Which is not that cheap, but considering the quality a very good price.