Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:22 PM
Joined Jul 2010
53 Posts
Mini-Review
Wild Hawk Impressions

My Wild Hawk just shipped yesterday . It's waay bigger than I expected it to be and the foam looks cheaper than I thought also :P. I felt like a kid with a new toy , I took it out of the box and started assembling it. First of all, the double sided tape that you are supposed to peel off to tape the rudder and elevator to the main body is very difficult to peel off...but it does a good job at sticking both parts together. While connecting the push rods to the control horns I noticed the elevator horn was loosely glued in its place, and that reduced a lot the movement of the elevator... I had to carve out the hot glue it had in there, tighten it and then hot-glue it back.. It was plain simple tho :/... These planes are made in China, possibly mass produced, and you can expect to find this kind of factory flaws (which are fixable). I was surprised to find that the tube that connects both wings together is actually carbon fiber, and not plastic, which is more breakable. The cockpit hatch is poorly held in place, which is the main reason it always comes off in crashes.

**Something important to note, is that the antenna on the TX is a bit bendy while extended, I would totally discourage trying to collapse it by pressing it from the top (like ppl do with most antennas) I suggest grabbing it by the middle and gently pushing it down, I already bent it really bad while trying to collapse it.

**Be careful while handling and transporting the plane, because EPP can be damaged easily.

Overall, aside from the bad comments the place feels awesome FOR THE PRICE, it can take some damage, and can be easily repaired; extra prop in there.

Fly safe! Take care.
Mena142 is offline Find More Posts by Mena142
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:27 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
How much did you pay for yours?
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:27 PM
Joined Jul 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOMSTER View Post
How much did you pay for yours?
US$85.53 shipped to Miami.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:40 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
Thats not a bad price at all. The Wild Hawk was one of the first planes I was actually interested in owning before I started into the hobby. But I ended up going the Cub rout to learn to fly, I always wanted to pick one of them up though.
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:46 PM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
You will love it. Dont forget, it flies tail heavy out of the box, so make sure to check CG carefully and adjust everything to compensate. Mine is still flying after 2 years.
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:29 PM
Joined Jul 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyhawk View Post
You will love it. Dont forget, it flies tail heavy out of the box, so make sure to check CG carefully and adjust everything to compensate. Mine is still flying after 2 years.
Tnx for the note ;D, do you know where is the CG on the stock Wild Hawk?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:52 PM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
Nope, but Check this thread for your setup:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...15645&page=221
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk