SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:36 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Nice, those servos are very good. Youll just need a piece of credit card to fit them
Hum... might have to do some digging for that. I may have one around that got replaced due to fraud, but most of my cards I shred the old ones when I get new ones.

Was actually your post on MicroT that led me to this servo. Wasn't aware the credit card was needed to make it fit, but that makes sense. Guess I needed to read closer.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:47 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Hum... might have to do some digging for that. I may have one around that got replaced due to fraud, but most of my cards I shred the old ones when I get new ones.

Was actually your post on MicroT that led me to this servo. Wasn't aware the credit card was needed to make it fit, but that makes sense. Guess I needed to read closer.
I have a template of the piece you need that will seal the servo hole too. I just need to work out my scanner and I'll upload it
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Feb 2007
878 Posts
I am looking at the Losi 1/24 brushed version for my son for Christmas and I have a question. This is his second truck. His first truck was the 1/10 Monster XX.

Will the brushed version run on 2s lipos? Or do you have to stick with the NiMh batteries?
Your help would be much appreciated.
tele1974 is offline Find More Posts by tele1974
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
I have a template of the piece you need that will seal the servo hole too. I just need to work out my scanner and I'll upload it
No worries. I already put them in, but didn't worry about sealing things up. Drilling out the servo saver was the tricky part but so far well worth the effort. The new servos work awesome so far.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:20 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1974 View Post
I am looking at the Losi 1/24 brushed version for my son for Christmas and I have a question. This is his second truck. His first truck was the 1/10 Monster XX.

Will the brushed version run on 2s lipos? Or do you have to stick with the NiMh batteries?
The brushed version runs on 2s, but it is worth every dollar to get the 2.4ghz BL version instead. Your son will never forgive you if you cheap out and get the brushed AM setup.

When mine was AM I couldnt even drive it in my home, there was too much radio interference. Then when I took it outside it only had around 30 - 40 foot range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
No worries. I already put them in, but didn't worry about sealing things up. Drilling out the servo saver was the tricky part but so far well worth the effort. The new servos work awesome so far.
Photos???
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:41 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Photo dump: Fat pizza drift car
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:14 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,039 Posts
Looks fantastic
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,955 Posts
Quote:

I agree with valiantGLX 100%. Get the 2.4 GHz brushless version. The AM system is terrible. Plus, the brushed motors don't last very long - especially if they are abused even the slightest bit

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:26 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
Heres the Valiant in action:

LOSI Micro SCT Fat Drift Session (8 min 50 sec)
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Feb 2007
878 Posts
Man for 162 bucks I feel like I should be getting my boy more truck that a 24th scale. Humm... having trouble pulling the trigger on this thing.
tele1974 is offline Find More Posts by tele1974
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:15 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,955 Posts
Quote:
Man for 162 bucks I feel like I should be getting my boy more truck that a 24th scale. Humm... having trouble pulling the trigger on this thing.
Size is not an indicator of worth in this hobby. Buying RC gear is not like buying soap. Unlike soap, RC vehicles and equipment are not commodity items. Costs go up exponentially at both ends of the scale, just as they do with all other electronic & mechanical things. Also, one must consider quality. Do not make the mistake of comparing toy-grade brands & cheap throwaway RC vehicles to hobby-grade brands with strong factory & aftermarket parts support. This truck comes with a ball-bearing brushless motor, ball-bearing-supported metal-gear differentials, ball-bearing wheels, adjustable oil-filled shocks, and a well-engineered suspension system that allows it to handle well even at 20+ MPH. Plus, it comes with a state-of-the-art 2.4 GHz 1024-step resolution RC system - including a tx that costs over $60 if bought separately. So the truck is actually about $100 when you factor in the cost of the tx. Additionally, replacement parts & hop-ups are readily-available. You don't throw vehicles like this one away when they get old. Rather - you replace parts as they wear, and simply rebuild the vehicle when the time comes.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,039 Posts
Awesome

you're making me want one now lol

Quote:
Heres the Valiant in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzSobfxT5xo
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
Failure is an option !
Marseille - France
Joined Nov 2007
71 Posts
@valiant glx : great video and drift. I just bought a mini rally losi and love it. I put tape on wheels to drift but it is not slipping enough. What did you put yourself and how do you put it on the wheels ? Thanks for your help
austin13 is offline Find More Posts by austin13
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:33 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin13 View Post
@valiant glx : great video and drift. I just bought a mini rally losi and love it. I put tape on wheels to drift but it is not slipping enough. What did you put yourself and how do you put it on the wheels ? Thanks for your help
Thanks mate.

You can find some more info in the link below, the descriptions are under the smaller pictures down the bottom

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=238
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:23 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts
LOSI Micro SCT in the ice (4 min 14 sec)

http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21040
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM.