Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:40 PM
Feeling lucky .... Punk
United States, TX, Irving
Joined Sep 2007
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho50ca View Post
I'm putting the 10250 Kv Losi BL in mine. On 3s + 14 or 17t pinion, that should get me the stupid speed I need. I chucked in a 2.4 Ghz HK radio while I was at it. Running that speed on the DX6 airplane gear I got in there now ain't really on, I don't think. My 27Mhz receiver/ESC fried on 2 cell lipo.
Good luck with that motor & gearing, unless your o.k. with a push start.
joel63 is offline Find More Posts by joel63
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:39 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Mar 2004
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Picked up one of the Micro SCT for some indoor SC racing. I am running it stock with 2 cell Zippy 360mah lipos. The thing rips. I was really enjoying it but the AM radio is glitching like crazy. Its not interference as it stops glitching as soon as I shut the TX off. It now unusable. It won't hold a straight line for more than 1/2 a second as the steering is glitching left and right (mostly right) all the time. I also see the throttle getting glitches as well but that is not as noticeable. You see that when you hold the car and the wheels are free that they will chatter.

I really love the Micro SCT but feel let down with this AM radio. I will never buy another non 2.4 TX/RX product again.
Sorry to hear about the troubles with your truck. Don't give up, there are some things you can check.
- Can you test the radio with a different truck?
- If the crystals are removable, confirm they are fully seated in the transmitter and receiver
- Is the antenna wire damaged, pulled out of the receiver, or routed properly?
- Can you move power wires away from the receiver?
- Does the motor have capacitors properly connected?
- Have you tried it in a different location?
- Unplug the steering servo to test if it is causing the problem.
- Search on RCG for techniques to minimize interferance. (Iron rings on leads?)

And lastly, try calling customer support. I have good luck when I call - I just explain what is happening and ask "what do I do now?" Good luck.

Colin
ColinB is offline Find More Posts by ColinB
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
new here

Hi to everyone, Thanks for having me here. I have a couple of questions of course, Im a noob. Im ready to buy my first hobby grade mini rc car. I m buying the losi 4wd 1/24 sct truck. THe thing is I dont know anything about mini rc cars. I have had regular rc cars but never hobby grade I like miniz's and dnano's, but they are more expensive. So first I'll lke to know what I must buy whith my rtr truck. I mean besides the truck what other parts should Ill have to buy as well. I will be asking questions from time to time here on this forum. Please help me out.Thanks to all and happy hollydays
daniloizaguirre is offline Find More Posts by daniloizaguirre
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:01 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
@ dan join microtforum.com will be the best advice
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:51 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniloizaguirre View Post
Hi to everyone, Thanks for having me here. I have a couple of questions of course, Im a noob. Im ready to buy my first hobby grade mini rc car. I m buying the losi 4wd 1/24 sct truck. THe thing is I dont know anything about mini rc cars. I have had regular rc cars but never hobby grade I like miniz's and dnano's, but they are more expensive. So first I'll lke to know what I must buy whith my rtr truck. I mean besides the truck what other parts should Ill have to buy as well. I will be asking questions from time to time here on this forum. Please help me out.Thanks to all and happy hollydays
The stock truck is great. I put 2cell Zippy lipos from HobbyKing USA.

ZIPPY Flightmax 350mAh 2S 20C (USA Warehouse)

I did upgrade the truck to the 2.4ghz and brushless option from Losi.

Losi 1/24 Spektrum 2.4 and Brushless conversion kit

Both of those options are an upgrade and not required. I found the microtforum.com to be the best place to pose questions as well.

I tested my Mini-SCT after the conversion yesterday and put three batteries through it. It's very fast but very controllable with the expo I dialed into my DX3C. A fun size for the home made basement mini stadium course over the winter.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:09 AM
MD6
Joined Sep 2011
13 Posts
ducatirdr - Thanks for the information.
MD6 is offline Find More Posts by MD6
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:03 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
Quote:
I'm putting the 10250 Kv Losi BL in mine. On 3s + 14 or 17t pinion, that should get me the stupid speed I need. I chucked in a 2.4 Ghz HK radio while I was at it. Running that speed on the DX6 airplane gear I got in there now ain't really on, I don't think. My 27Mhz receiver/ESC fried on 2 cell lipo.
if you realy want speed go for the turbo ace 14000 kv . as on 3 cells your sure to burn out one or more of the following with either motor .

esc
motor
and lets not for get replacing pinion and spurs every time you run it .
back to reality remember these cars were never designed to handle 3 cell lipo and a high kv motor so expect to have more wrench time than run time . not to mention wearing out the car before its time and making it a nice paper weight . and as far as anyone throwing a 3 cell lipo on the stock motor unless you have another motor not recommended as it will die . not maby or might will .

im realy getting @ many see the u tube vid of it running 40 mph and dont relize that maby during or shortly after it neede an over haul . they buy one thinking it can handle it and soon find out it cant and then bash the product saying its crap and un reliable . just stating facts .

im not saying its not cool to watch it blister around but unless you have plenty of cash to keep throwing at it .any one wanting to drive it more than one pack would not want to .
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
I'm not twelve years old. I know my choices have consequences. I don't bash manufacturer's products when I choose to take them way past their design. I done this stuff on life-sized cars for close to 30 years so, I am not under any illusions.

The chassis has stood up to all this abuse pretty well, nothing's broken there, save the one bent spindle from my own mishandling.

The little stock motor was crying on 3 cells but, hasn't failed yet, despite high gearing and high temps. It's only a matter of time and I'm bored with the speed attainable on it.

The car is just going to do flat out rips for my own amusement. Nothing long run, certainly not multiple packs. If it blows, it blows; micros are cheap to fix or replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
if you realy want speed go for the turbo ace 14000 kv . as on 3 cells your sure to burn out one or more of the following with either motor .

esc
motor
and lets not for get replacing pinion and spurs every time you run it .
back to reality remember these cars were never designed to handle 3 cell lipo and a high kv motor so expect to have more wrench time than run time . not to mention wearing out the car before its time and making it a nice paper weight . and as far as anyone throwing a 3 cell lipo on the stock motor unless you have another motor not recommended as it will die . not maby or might will .

im realy getting @ many see the u tube vid of it running 40 mph and dont relize that maby during or shortly after it neede an over haul . they buy one thinking it can handle it and soon find out it cant and then bash the product saying its crap and un reliable . just stating facts .

im not saying its not cool to watch it blister around but unless you have plenty of cash to keep throwing at it .any one wanting to drive it more than one pack would not want to .
ho50ca is offline Find More Posts by ho50ca
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:00 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
Quote:
I'm not twelve years old. I know my choices have consequences. I don't bash manufacturer's products when I choose to take them way past their design. I done this stuff on life-sized cars for close to 30 years so, I am not under any illusions.

The chassis has stood up to all this abuse pretty well, nothing's broken there, save the one bent spindle from my own mishandling.

The little stock motor was crying on 3 cells but, hasn't failed yet, despite high gearing and high temps. It's only a matter of time and I'm bored with the speed attainable on it.

The car is just going to do flat out rips for my own amusement. Nothing long run, certainly not multiple packs. If it blows, it blows; micros are cheap to fix or replace.

i think your thinking im bashing you im not so im sorry if you might have taken offence .
you may not be 12 or even new to the hobby but i would say alot are and do not know the the outcome of putting a high power system in these little cars . the chassis normaly do hold up verry well its the drives that fail constantly.
im making the statement because i see time and agin people giving up on the hobby because with the power systems available these days can turn a good car into a paper weight in mere minutes and if they are a young lad would not have the resosces to repair it on a regular basis and thus giving up entirely thinking they are just junk . im like most i love to see how fast i can make them go or how blinged out i can make them in either case they become shelf queens . but the illusion of the utube vid makes them seem reliable under such stress i was just trying to give information to the new guys out there on the price involved with going fast . as i always say it's all about ( how fast can you afford to go and for how long ) .

so please dont take offence just trying to save a young person the heart brake of there car having a realy bad day minutes after having the fastest micro on the block trust me ive done it it sucks .
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
Well said, sir. I accept the point you're making and support it for the younger/less experienced/less wealthy members of the community.

I can afford this. I'm 46 years old, I have a good job and I have lots of wrenching experience, tools and supplies. I actually like blowing stuff up and rebuilding it. If that doesn't apply to you then don't open the car up, please.

Latest mod? I flipped the wheels around for a wider stance for more stability at high speed. The Losi 10k Kv motor goes in today
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:55 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
Making things go faster than they should is FUN but usually expensive.

I really enjoyed this on my 2 cell lipo and all stock. If I hadn't had the issue with the stock radio I would have been happy without the upgrade. That is until the brushed motor wore out. For the money this is a great product.

I built a cardboard track in my basement. A chasm jump, rumble section and a long jump in an L shape course is turning into a lot of fun and great practice. I wonder if that will help me on the big track with my 1/10 scale racer.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:19 AM
MD6
Joined Sep 2011
13 Posts
ducatirdr - I think any kind of rc driving can help with other cars.
MD6 is offline Find More Posts by MD6
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:14 PM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
Got 'er together and programmed (first brushless car setup for me; the only other brushless I have is my UMX Beast). Holy, this thing has so much power on 3 cells it detached one tire's bead from the wheel. Krazy glue to the rescue. Dangit, it's raining outside, I guess speed runs'll have to wait. I mounted everything externally on the case top and rear body mounts, to get as much airflow into the case as possible. Maybe I'll flow-through vent the bodywork too...
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
Rain stopped, roads still damp but, whut the heck....

Car is crazy fast, I mean it, it's insane, even on 14t pinion. On the slick roads, it's all but undriveable at anything over crack throttle. I set up alot of expo on the steering and working up to it slowly, I'd eyeball the thing at roughly 40 mph.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:19 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,498 Posts
OK! I thought I would never go 2.4 ghz or brushless, but I just could not resist.

There were 2 main contributing factors:

1. after installing my lights and cooling fan, I was getting alot of radio interferrance.

2. a quote from gordonmoney: - "People often equate money spent with size, ie: so much money for such a little car. It's not valid. I too like the size of cars like this, and the awd and suspension make this car very drivable on lots of different surfaces. Cars like this find LOTS of drive time indoors when it's night, or raining, or winter. With brushless and lipos, the run time is long. Consequently, you will probably find yourself getting way more wheel time with this "little" car than you do with your bigger cars as long as the feel is the same(no glitching, little maintainance,lots of power). Now how much is it worth to spend?"

Anyway I have gone for:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/270814233144?...84.m1497.l2648

&

http://www.ebay.de/itm/160698443881?...84.m1497.l2649

These Items seemed to get good reviews on youtube.
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX