HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:42 AM
Rusty Fingers
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2010
440 Posts
I went over to the AMA site and found the plans. They are for a 54 inch span Spacewalker that was designed and built by Laddie Mikulasko. The guy is a machine when it comes to scale subjects. I have a Canadair CL-415 hanging in my garage that I flew from his plans years ago. I went and ordered the plans, and will order a cowl from Easy Built Models who had a similar sized Spacewalker. Looks like a great build. I am going to go with a different set of colors than the standard yellow and red though!
NoobAgain is offline Find More Posts by NoobAgain
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
I think I can glue that..
Paris, Ontario, Canada EH
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobAgain View Post
I went over to the AMA site and found the plans. They are for a 54 inch span Spacewalker that was designed and built by Laddie Mikulasko. The guy is a machine when it comes to scale subjects. I have a Canadair CL-415 hanging in my garage that I flew from his plans years ago. I went and ordered the plans, and will order a cowl from Easy Built Models who had a similar sized Spacewalker. Looks like a great build. I am going to go with a different set of colors than the standard yellow and red though!
Had a look around Easy built models and didn't see a Space walker or cowl. Do you have a part number or cost for this item?

thanks
bob_suruncle is offline Find More Posts by bob_suruncle
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:40 PM
Rusty Fingers
Joined Jun 2010
440 Posts
I didnt see it either, but I remembered them having one. I emailed them and asked about it. The specs are very similar, so the cowl should work. Here is the email response I received from the very helpful people at Easy Built:

Hello Greg,

cowl $10 + $5.55 shipping within the USA

Send check or money order to
EASY BUILT MODELS
PO BOX 681744
PRATTVILLE, AL 36068-1744

Best wishes,
Ann Connelly

I plan to order mine in the next day or two.

Greg
Old Aug 11, 2010, 04:10 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,743 Posts
Depending on size might also look at Fiberglass Specialties. They have a ton of fiberglass parts for production kits from the past. I got a set of cowl/pants for a 1/6 scale WACO YMF (from the old PICA kit).

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:10 AM
Rusty Fingers
Joined Jun 2010
440 Posts
Thanks Charlie. Was that the WACO that you flew last weekend? That thing is something to see in the air!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:14 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,743 Posts
Yep. Thanks, it is really a nice flying plane, even at 8lb. Even flies good on a diesel .90
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:22 PM
Rho
Mr. Brazilian Nut
Brasil, São Paulo, Monte Alto
Joined Apr 2009
86 Posts
I'm waiting for my balsa wood to arrive.

Meanwhile, I'm still doing some reaserch, and I'm glad to post that image below.

I got it from a Sig instructions manual.

I'll take some data out of it before I start my on building....

Hope you enjoy
Rho is offline Find More Posts by Rho
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:51 PM
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Feb 2007
652 Posts
wow!!!! glad I found this thread.I am ready to finish my 1/4 scale spacewalker built from a sig kit.I have waviered as to thecolor scheme and to be sure I checked numerous images but now I see the beautiful beautiful green and white plane.thats going to be my color scheme for sure!!!I might even consider that as a potential build this winter.mine is sporting a satio 150 but it could easily accomodate a dle30 or something in that range.again what a gorgeous plane.
propnut07 is offline Find More Posts by propnut07
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:52 PM
White mountains AZ.
Joined Jul 2004
223 Posts
Propnut

If you are referring to Steve fisher's Sky Dancer that I posted it's Green and Cream with orange pin striping. It looks like a 30's airplane.

Sonny
Mapco is offline Find More Posts by Mapco
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:00 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
574 Posts
Nice to see more Spacewalkers around. This was my first 1/4 scale model from the SIG kit. I liked it so much I built another when the first crashed, and then another with the Sportster wing. That flew great too.

When I was running Kanata Aircraft Models (KAM) we kitted a .25 size Spacewalker but called it the Revolution per Warners web site. It was about 50 inch wing span and flew great with an OS 25 motor. That was destined to be electrified but I decided to fold the company first.

Always been a favourite of mine.

Mark.
Mark Winstanley is online now Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:12 PM
Rho
Mr. Brazilian Nut
Joined Apr 2009
86 Posts
Finaly my balsa got home today, and I could start building...

There it goes the pictures.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
Res Ipsa Aviatur
Sonoma County CA!
Joined Jul 2007
1,337 Posts
You're off and running now!

Paul
Longhorne is offline Find More Posts by Longhorne
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobAgain View Post
Hi how big is ur CL 415? I am after some plans,i would like to build a LARGE scale CL 415 with air retacts and petrol engines. Nitro engines i find too unreliable. Please let me know many thanks austin.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:41 PM
Rho
Mr. Brazilian Nut
Joined Apr 2009
86 Posts
Spacewalker II - wing

Some pictures of wing assembly.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 08:39 AM
Belém do Pará, Brasil