SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by moosemanty, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:45 AM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Sold
Dragonus pro RTF with lots of parts. lipos, tx, cell pro, etc...

ok, i am selling ALL my heli stuff.. i was a sponsored field rep for Rcer for a while and my dragonus is my baby. it's the best flying heli i've ever flown. but i recently lost my right hand in an accident and now i cant fly.
this heli has the best parts i could get for it. you couldnt really upgrade it anymore if you wanted to!!!
this is set up to be a hard core 3d machine but can be changed in seconds to be a beginner or intermediate heli.
the electronics are-
3 hs65 servos (some have a few metal gears i believe)
1 futaba 9650 servo on the tail
futaba 401 gyro
Scorpion hk2221-6 v2 motor (biggest and badest motor you will find)
45amp esc (dont remember the brand but it works very well)
external bec (same brand as the esc)
spectrum ar6000 receiver

also it has the dual silver/black carbon fiber thicker frames, hardened main shaft, doubled rear tail fin, new ms composite CF blades, and slanted silver cf battery mount.

i will also include my transmitter, it's custom made(not by myself and is very reliable). it's a hitec optic 6 with a spectrum module from a dx6 with a tenergy 2500mah tx lipo...if you have ever used hitec radios then you know that they are amazing radios and are the easiest to program, with this one you get all that and the reassurance and reliability of a 2.4ghz system..and it has a scorpion motor neck strap

this heli comes with TONS OF SPARE PARTS!!!!!!! pretty much every main part you will need is included and much much more.

here is a brief list of parts (just listing some main ones, see pics for everything) :

4 flybars
4 tail shafts
3 hardened main shafts (they are almost indestructable so they will really last you)
1 standard main shaft
7 aluminum tail booms
13 feathering shafts
1 long CF tail boom/ XL belt
1 silver cf lower frame set
1 silver cf upper frame set
1 silver horizontal stabilizer
1 hi-quality belt
1 set of light-weight hardened balls
1 set of hard anodized balls
1 tail boom support
1 tail basemount
1 main belt drive gear
1 motor basemount
1 landing skids

well those are the main ones. others inlude about 15 packs of screws, nuts, and rods (pretty much every screw rod or nut you will ever need) and a ton of other misc parts

also, i am including tons of used aluminum head and tail parts. also a bunch of other misc. used parts.

4 lipos are included- 2 flight power evo25's (kinda old but they work well) and two kong powers(both are almost new, but one is slightly crunched but works well)

the charger is a cellpro 4s (best charger ever made imo)
and a gimp lipo charger that i used to charge the tx
it includes a 12v power supply(case was torn up to access insides, works very well)

the tools are:

ball link pliers
align pitch gauge
blade balancer
one-way changing tool
ccpm head tool
ball link sizer
m2 nut wrench
and a custom rod tool thing i made to help change the main grip bearings

ok, that's all im going to list...theres some more stuff that's in the pics.

ok, now to list some of the bad things... one hs65 has a stripped gear, and the landing gear and the mount that are on the heli are broke (replacements included but it's too hard for me to change them now.) thats all that's wrong with it.

also, i will only sell large items separate, ie- the heli, the tx, etc... i dont want to sell individual little parts and pieces.

i am asking $425 shipped!!!!
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Last edited by moosemanty; Aug 08, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:51 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined May 2009
504 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Man sorry about your hand! That REALLY sucks! Good luck with the sale and you never know, maybe you'll figure something out to get back on the "sticks".
Are you gonna just sell the packs separate? If so I'm intrested. Also intrested in a couple of parts for my Dragon like some cnc blade grips and the ball link part of the washout mixed arms.
Rc247 is offline Find More Posts by Rc247
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:21 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Sorry about the hand. How long ago was the accident? I know a guy who can fly pretty well without a hand. He flies at the Apollo XI field in Van Nuys. He used to be a sponsored pilot. Maybe you could drop by sometime and get some pointers.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:19 PM
My soul, your beats!
La Caņada Flintridge, California
Joined May 2009
222 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Damn, I kinda' wish I hadn't bought a Trex 450 Sport now. I love the Dragonus and have always wanted one. And this is an amazing deal. Unfortunately I only have $180 to spare and I think I'm going to take a deal on the Blade CP Pro 2 for that.
Anyhow, losing your hand doesn't mean you can't fly. My close friend was born with a birth defect without a fully developed right hand. But he still had his whole arm, and makes good use of it. He's a major gamer like myself, and we play Halo 3 on Xbox Live all the time. He's just as good as any other player, and in fact better than most. He also wants to be a digital game designer, and is well on his way. If you think about it, a gaming controller is really similar to a transmitter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBW-Nkcl9Y0
Here's a video of him and how he plays Halo 3.
TokageWeasel is offline Find More Posts by TokageWeasel
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:06 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
if i really wanted to i could find a way to fly, and i've thought of a few different ways. in the end though i cant really afford flying right now though =/ i have other stuff going on in life that sadly requires money. i have been meeting with a company called touch bionics and they are some amazing people with amazing products. i am working on getting a fully functional bionic hand... even though i love helis, my true love is my saxophone and i will take any opportunity i can to be able to play it again. so now, the insurance should cover a bit of the new hand but they are pricey and i want to save up some money to hopefully help.
and the accident happened back in march.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:07 AM
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemanty View Post
if i really wanted to i could find a way to fly, and i've thought of a few different ways. in the end though i cant really afford flying right now though =/ i have other stuff going on in life that sadly requires money. i have been meeting with a company called touch bionics and they are some amazing people with amazing products. i am working on getting a fully functional bionic hand... even though i love helis, my true love is my saxophone and i will take any opportunity i can to be able to play it again. so now, the insurance should cover a bit of the new hand but they are pricey and i want to save up some money to hopefully help.
and the accident happened back in march.
A ROBOT HAND!!! that is amazing.. Goodluck with your sale and your robot hand!
IVIadness is offline Find More Posts by IVIadness
Old Aug 02, 2010, 01:43 AM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
no one? make some offers! i will come down some
Old Aug 02, 2010, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2009
504 Posts
When and if you part, I'll be intrested.
Old Aug 03, 2010, 08:10 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
what are you interested in?
Old Aug 04, 2010, 08:16 PM
Joined May 2009
504 Posts
Gyro,lipos,main shafts,landing gear and cnc blade grips. Thanks Alan
Old Aug 08, 2010, 07:29 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
price for everything is down to $425 shipped!!!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 05:05 AM
Older than rocks
United States, PA, Warminster
Joined Dec 2002
425 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Moosemanty,
At 83 years old, I too have had to give up a lot of things I used to do, but I'm still hanging in there with heli's. I am interested. Still got it all? Still for sale?

Herman
n2wizard is online now Find More Posts by n2wizard
Old Sep 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
it's all still here you have a pm.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 05:29 PM
Older than rocks