HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 728 86.05%
were just asking for too much 118 13.95%
Voters: 846. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:05 AM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Is it possible that the control rod has slipped in the heat shrink?
robgau is offline Find More Posts by robgau
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:07 PM
Crash Expert
United States, MN, Circle Pines
Joined Oct 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau View Post
+1 mine did this and it took me a minute to figure that out. Also make sure it's in the control horn correctly.
Motorbikebruno is offline Find More Posts by Motorbikebruno
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau View Post
Yep, that's what happened...well I don't know if it slipped or was glued that way? I had to strip the heat shrink and remove the glue. I then re glue it straight. I wish I would've done this before my maiden that resulted in a broken prop shaft and ripped the elevator.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:13 PM
Crash Expert
United States, MN, Circle Pines
Joined Oct 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplumb View Post
Yep, that's what happened...well I don't know if it slipped or was glued that way? I had to strip the heat shrink and remove the glue. I then re glue it straight. I wish I would've done this before my maiden that resulted in a broken prop shaft and ripped the elevator.
Dang, well at least it's sorted now! Happy flying!
Motorbikebruno is offline Find More Posts by Motorbikebruno
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:07 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikebruno View Post
Dang, well at least it's sorted now! Happy flying!
That happened on my um Mustang.
The only place I found shrink tube that small was in um replacement kits.
You got glue to hold!
Good news. Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamp View Post
That happened on my um Mustang.
The only place I found shrink tube that small was in um replacement kits.
You got glue to hold!
Good news. Chris
I just used foam safe CA. Man this thing is fun. Finally got it up inside what a pleasure. Just wish I wouldn't have busted it up before. ...Should've listened to myself. 1st four channel and I'm hooked on how much control I have. What a blast. I was getting ready to replace my Champ for our indoor club. Glad I didn't. My buyers remorse is gone
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:58 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
392 Posts
While making my second deep repair of the nose after abuse from my son and myself, I decided to strengthen the nose with some pieces of carbon fibre 2 mm rod I had around my garage.
In the attached pictures you can see what I did on both upper and lower fuselage. Still have to check CG (glue not dried completely, yet) then see how it flies...
Tom_1971 is online now Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:29 AM
Horsham, PA
Joined Aug 2007
139 Posts
My UM T-28 had become unflyable because of a worn out battery connector. Power to the brick had become spotty at best. I bought a new connector from RC-Connectors and am now back in business. The new connector is pennies, but the soldering is tricky. This poor plane has been through significant damage after hundreds of flights but is still going strong. Time to invest in some new batteries.
impmotor is online now Find More Posts by impmotor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
FPV with UM T-28
UM T-28 FPV 5.8ghz (3 min 15 sec)

The micro t-28 makes a great FPV platform! Its stable but can still roll and loop. Its also easy to land! Never knew I could get so much fun out of this trainer!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:57 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,401 Posts
Quote:
Call Horizon and tell them what happened. Maybe they'll send you a new shaft gearbox assembly. If not they are pretty cheap. once you get the assembly you can replace shafts without replacing the whole assembly. Sorry your having trouble, once you get it ironed out you'll be golden. Your one of our friends aren't you?
Parkzone UM Trojan Flight Lesson 2 (6 min 51 sec)
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Call Horizon and tell them what happened. Maybe they'll send you a new shaft gearbox assembly. If not they are pretty cheap. once you get the assembly you can replace shafts without replacing the whole assembly. Sorry your having trouble, once you get it ironed out you'll be golden. Your one of our friends aren't you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3V_vIB2Fs
I am...You guys are a lot of fun to watch.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:07 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,401 Posts
Quote:
I am...You guys are a lot of fun to watch.
Awwwchucks, thanks man! Mike just posted a dual rate and expo lesson.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
I'll check it out, Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:20 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Just caught your video the other day on the um t-28 and champ wish I would have seen them when I first got them. Still good information for anyone just flying either plane. Now do one on an AXN I bought myself one for xmas but have not taken it up yet. Mainly due to crappy weather in Ohio. Keep up the good work. Will paste your vids when I see people asking questions on these 2 planes. I know you have way more vids covering other planes but these 2 are generally the threads I read.

Greg
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:47 PM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2003
143 Posts
My T-28 seems to be balanced at the CG suggested in the manual however it seems as if it is slightly tail heavy when it flies as it is always nudging upwards. Has anyone else experienced this? I have attempted to search through the thread to find anyone with similar issues but haven't really found anything. I am also running a 190 mah battery that is about 20% heavier than the stock battery and it still seems tail heavy. Any suggestions or recommendations?
npinnau is offline Find More Posts by npinnau