SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 728 86.05%
were just asking for too much 118 13.95%
Voters: 846. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:04 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,105 Posts
He sure flys well for any age , and he listens well , he is a good reflection of a great father , really .
wattman is online now Find More Posts by wattman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:27 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
618 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments guys
DbleX is offline Find More Posts by DbleX
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:32 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DbleX View Post
Thanks for the nice comments guys
I cannot believe a four year old can do that! I can only imagine what he will be able to fly when he hits 14
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:21 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
Tom.....rotate the front of the fuselage through steam from a pot or kettle....it will expand the white bead foam fuselage to close to it's original shape. Then glue up the cracks
I quote a very old post to report that... OMG the steam method is so effective I almost melted one side of the fuselage this morning
Take care if you want to repair your plane like this, you could do worst than a crash! (I almost did...)
Tom_1971 is online now Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
I need some help. I got a new UM t-28 and I cannot get the elevator level. I have pinched the u bend as far as I can, and even the trim on my DX8 it all the way down. It wants to go straight up and roll. I already broke the prop shaft... Need some advise, should I call Horizon or take it back to the LHS were I purchased it.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:32 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
The elevator rod may be stuck on a sticker.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
The elevator rod may be stuck on a sticker.
Thanks, it was but now I have full movement. Still not level and I'm out of adjustments!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:43 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
That's why you mechanically trim the pushrod, as per the manual says.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
That's why you mechanically trim the pushrod, as per the manual says.
I have it mechanically trimmed as far as it will go. Pinched right together. Something's not right.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:37 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
Battery needs to be forward in the tray. Are you always giving a lot of throttle? Almost anything with a UC airfroil will climb under high power setting.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Zero all trims, and start fresh, u rod first, that will get you close, second use sub trim, usually you won't need any sub trim, if you are close , with only minor adjustments with trims during flight. If you are constantly climbing , it sounds like your center of gravity is off, and if you are rolling all the time , that sounds like your ailerons are out of adjustment..
Shark_fighter78 is offline Find More Posts by Shark_fighter78
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
Don't use sub trim. Full throttle should not be used for cruising, if so you need to manually input a lot of down, that's just a trainer characteristic.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
I'm just talking about visually the elevator can't be made flush with the wing? It sets a little higher when I've run out of adjustment. Is this normal for the T28?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:46 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,216 Posts
As long as it flies right.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:06 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,251 Posts
The T-28 elevator should be very easy to mechanically trim to be in line with the tailplane. The only issues I have had with mine were the rod snagging on the stickers or fuselage. I have moved it to the inner hole now for more response (makes inverted as easy as it can be on a aircraft with significant dihedral). To do this, I knifed off some sticker and added height to the fuselage slot.

All trims and subtrims should be zero before mechanically trimming. Travel adjustments should be 100%, or a little under that, to protect the servos.

It would be worth opening it up to check what the rod is doing inside, in case it is no longer correctly in the servo 'arm'. If you haven't opened it before, knife the stickers and then put a bit of clear tape over them afterwards. From then on, just peel and replace that clear tape when opening. Mine is so battered and abused that I have pull tabs on the tape to get it off quickly!
GoAround is online now Find More Posts by GoAround