HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 728 86.05%
were just asking for too much 118 13.95%
Voters: 846. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:34 AM
United States, OR, Eagle Creek
Joined Apr 2007
172 Posts
so how is the t28 for indoor flight i've been flying my ember2 and my micro helis thinking about a carbon cub or maybe a t28 or a mig ???, I know what you guys are talking about with the small birds chasing the micros they chase my nano and my mcpx around the field but when i get out the 130x or the 450 pro they bug out and go home
motorhead540 is offline Find More Posts by motorhead540
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:47 AM
Canada, ON, Calabogie
Joined May 2011
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post
I think there was a mention of reprogramming the brick (servo board)? I've looked at your pictures and some others that have been put up. Your ESC is plugged straight into the brick, the other modified T-28 had a brushed to brushless adaptor board between the brick and ESC.

Re-Programming?

Also are you still using the original Tx, the one that comes with the RTF version?
This should help->
Cut this from AR6400 manual and included circuit diagram for 2S wiring
msdumo is offline Find More Posts by msdumo
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:03 AM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead540 View Post
so how is the t28 for indoor flight i've been flying my ember2 and my micro helis thinking about a carbon cub or maybe a t28 or a mig ???, I know what you guys are talking about with the small birds chasing the micros they chase my nano and my mcpx around the field but when i get out the 130x or the 450 pro they bug out and go home
Depends on how big your indor area is. It can fly in a half basketball court.
I have no clue about the carbon cub, but it is 2s brushless so its probably faster and will most likeky need more room.
A mig is going to need a huge indoor area, but if all the plank experience you have is with an ember than I would say the t-28 of maybe the cub, but I have never had a cub so I cant say how it flies.
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, OR, Eagle Creek
Joined Apr 2007
172 Posts
most of my plank experience is with nitro and 3s electric planes 25-40 sized planes that really dont have any place indoors but this time of year indoors and the sim is about it other then an occasonal flight out doors between rain showers
motorhead540 is offline Find More Posts by motorhead540
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:18 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
Depends on how big your indor area is. It can fly in a half basketball court.
I have no clue about the carbon cub, but it is 2s brushless so its probably faster and will most likeky need more room.
A mig is going to need a huge indoor area, but if all the plank experience you have is with an ember than I would say the t-28 of maybe the cub, but I have never had a cub so I cant say how it flies.
I fly Ember (and new mini Ember when it arrives) Champ and HZ Albatros in gym. My old thumbs may not be quick enough for t-28 AND p-51 indoors, will also break out some heli's.
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:09 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead540 View Post
most of my plank experience is with nitro and 3s electric planes 25-40 sized planes that really dont have any place indoors but this time of year indoors and the sim is about it other then an occasonal flight out doors between rain showers
Than a mig should be no trouble at all. In a open area it is really quite slow on stock 2s. In a confined area it seems faster.
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:23 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,212 Posts
Damnit!! I knew that doing perfect three point aircraft carrier style landings on my driveway inbetween garbage cans dodging my car at nightime(with lights) twenty times in a row was just too good to be true.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:35 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Damnit!! I knew that doing perfect three point aircraft carrier style landings on my driveway inbetween garbage cans dodging my car at nightime(with lights) twenty times in a row was just too good to be true.
its the thought before that gets you! " this is Awesome!, almost to good to.......!!!!! awww crap!" those other 19 were awesome though huh!?
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:44 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,212 Posts
Man i was like "this alone makes the t-28 worth it!" No one flying a 35" foamy can have that same creative pleasure!
After she crashed i was like, "well, this is so much fun its worth crashing..... twice."

Now that ive put lights on my T-28, im really starting to love it, its willing to do anything and have any kind of fun. Its okay if you crash and messup she's gonna be ok. She's willing to do anything and have fun doing it, that's why im naming her "high school romance."
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:28 AM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
after going thru over 200 pages here, i'm just gonna ask!!

my t-28 motor is getting tired. very tired, as sometimes i gotta give the prop a little spin to get her going. anyway, wanting to swap motors, and i just happen to have a new umx corsair here that i could rob the motor out of. Is the corsair and t-28 motors the same??
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:40 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,212 Posts
Yes, they are. The corsair motor might have more cooling holes, but that's it.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:44 AM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
nice. i'll swap them out tomorrow. thanks.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:57 AM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post

my t-28 motor is getting tired. very tired, as sometimes i gotta give the prop a little spin to get her going. anyway, wanting to swap motors, and i just happen to have a new umx corsair here that i could rob the motor out of. Is the corsair and t-28 motors the same??
I've noticed the same on my 1 and half year old um t-28 aswell, doesn't have the go it used to. I've got a spare motor just have to change it over!

Should of done it last week when I was putting lights on her!
Oh we'll, learning experience I guess.

Nath
Groovechampion is online now Find More Posts by Groovechampion
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdumo View Post
This should help->
Cut this from AR6400 manual and included circuit diagram for 2S wiring
Thanks. I must have older manuals. Have been wondering about the bec.
Were does one get that 2s esc? Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:22 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post

They do get tired!
Check your gear mesh and the thrust bearing.
I needed to hog out some foam to add clearance for the bull gear.
Also try running strips of paper between the gears (the thin paper some times used to package chop sticks is great)
This will clean the gears and help set the lash.
Here in the NE carbon brushes do not last! Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp