HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 725 86.00%
were just asking for too much 118 14.00%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:11 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
tried to squeeze in a pre- hurricane flight.... it didnt happen. got to the local field and it was already blowing hard. back in to the truck it went.
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
That happens to me often enough without hurricanes.

Do you think you need another aileron servo?
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
i reduced travel on aileron to 90%. i flew it once yesterday with no issues. i would like to get her in the air and run all 20 of my batteries through her as a REAL test of functionality. that wont happen till after this crazy hurricane stuff! i would love a extra one that is known to work well. that would be great! walt.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
Crash Expert
United States, MN, Circle Pines
Joined Oct 2012
126 Posts
USA BL upgrade questions

Hello guys, I've lurked for a while, decided to join and say hi, and ask a question about my beloved T-28! It has been with me for many crashes while I learned, and at this point, I can land on the gear almost every time. The motor is still working OK for now, but I wouldn't mind a tad more power, and from what I read about the changes others have done, the Brushless conversion is what I would like to do. With that said, these are the only things I found that were available and kinda close to the APO5 motor 3000kv Turnigy Plush 6amp esc.

Any thoughts on this? I would appreciate the input very much. Looks like the motor is heavier by 5-6grams.

Similar HK in USA
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

And this motor in USA
Turnigy http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

This new addiction is KILLING MY WALLET!!!!! At least I'm handy with the foam reconstuction, tape and a sharp razor blade...or my wife would kill me.
Motorbikebruno is offline Find More Posts by Motorbikebruno
Last edited by Motorbikebruno; Oct 30, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: had wrong link for motor! Sorry about that!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:15 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
i just installed a better brushed motor from rc babbel and will go brushless on my next small planes.. i want more planes anyway.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:28 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
I would just buy a sx motor from rc babbel, unless you want to go 2S and want a serious project but with even more serious power.
Just night flew the T-28 with lights from SF Design solutions, finally made it a valuable plane i will never sell in my collection! Light work amazing, great pnp kit and instructions, works perfectly.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
Crash Expert
Joined Oct 2012
126 Posts
I'd prefer to go to 2S at this point, with the BL motor just because of maintenance and the ability to fly in windy conditions etc. Just having some newbie issues with all of the electric lingo, and it seems that not all manufacturers post the actual info on the motors and such anyways. I've seen the very long post by one of the main guys here that explains it very well, so I feel informed, yet not any sort of expert so that's why I asked. Thanks for the reply though.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:32 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
there is a guy on youtube that lists all the parts he used for his bl 2s conversion. im sure you could find it. he gives part numbers as well for ordering. very helpful. good luck. walt
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
The sukhoi bl thread probably has the most setups/how tos
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:00 PM
Crash Expert
Joined Oct 2012
126 Posts
I guess my question was in relation to the parts I could actually get from the USA warehouse. I suppose I shouldn't "fix what isn't broken" and just order those parts others have listed from the Global warehouse and call it a day, just hate waiting so long for them!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:21 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikebruno View Post
I guess my question was in relation to the parts I could actually get from the USA warehouse. I suppose I shouldn't "fix what isn't broken" and just order those parts others have listed from the Global warehouse and call it a day, just hate waiting so long for them!
Well while you wait you can have some time to break it so you have to fix it!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:27 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
ran 12 batteries through the new t28 today at the field without any aileron issues. i am hoping the travel adjust has done something along with the re-binding. only time will tell. i am optomistic so far.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
Canada, ON, Calabogie
Joined May 2011
261 Posts
I converted my T28 sometime ago to 2S brushless.
Used an AP05 motor and Turnigy Plush 6A ESC.
I reprogrammed the brick to use the brushless option and connected the ESC motor input to the motor input on the brick.

Going to use a Turnigy C10 motor this time and another Turnigy Plush 6A on a Polecat.

Just curious!

Has anyone connected an ESC to the AUX port/CH 5 port and reprogrammed the TX to operate the ESC(motor)?
msdumo is offline Find More Posts by msdumo
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:44 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Yes, some people have soldered the esc to channel 5 and mixed it with the throttle channel, this is most convenient on 2S boards and any of the AS3X planes.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:08 AM
Canada, ON, Calabogie
Joined May 2011
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Yes, some people have soldered the esc to channel 5 and mixed it with the throttle channel, this is most convenient on 2S boards and any of the AS3X planes.
Thanks airpower!

Still not sure why I would want to do this yet. Not really a big deal to use the throttle channel.

Can I assume that you would not need to program the brick to brushless if you use CH5 to do that?
msdumo is offline Find More Posts by msdumo