HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 713 86.01%
were just asking for too much 116 13.99%
Voters: 829. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
goodhumormarc's Avatar
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
if i cant find anything do i need to replace the aileron servo? where can i source these little guys? i guess i can cut her open again to investigate more as i do not trust her now. she glitched on me today again and crashed into tall grass. no damage but i am tired of the waiting game for drama. the plane is brand new and i cant stand the thought of losing her in a tall tree or what not. on the bench it works so well and no sign of any obstruction. guess ill break out the magnifying glass and give her a good investigation. wish i was better at knowing what to look for as i am unfamiliar with the workings of these little components. ill try my best. it seems to me to be intermitant electrical issues as opposed to obstruction. i could be wrong.
That happened o mine once back in the beginning/. If i remember right a simple re-binding was the answer.

Marc
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:33 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
goodhumormarc's Avatar
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
if i cant find anything do i need to replace the aileron servo? where can i source these little guys? i guess i can cut her open again to investigate more as i do not trust her now. she glitched on me today again and crashed into tall grass. no damage but i am tired of the waiting game for drama. the plane is brand new and i cant stand the thought of losing her in a tall tree or what not. on the bench it works so well and no sign of any obstruction. guess ill break out the magnifying glass and give her a good investigation. wish i was better at knowing what to look for as i am unfamiliar with the workings of these little components. ill try my best. it seems to me to be intermitant electrical issues as opposed to obstruction. i could be wrong.
That happened o mine once back in the beginning/. If i remember right a simple re-binding was the answer. found this too


Marc
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Last edited by goodhumormarc; Oct 26, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
You should have one in your old T-28.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,180 Posts
like a IDIOT i trashed the old plane!!!!! yes lesson learned. after i threw it away i later realized that was a mistake. it ws in a dumpster and i was too late. i could kick myself now! ill try the suggestion above as well. thanks everyone for the help. i really want to get this thing back in the air. walt.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:10 AM
Registered User
Travler's Avatar
United States, AL, Randolph
Joined Mar 2004
246 Posts
Walter,
I had an elevator servo quit intermitantly (sp) and I cut the travel down to 98 % and that stopped it. I have not actually flown the brick but have bench tested it several times since it happened. I have an extra brick that HH sent me. I figured this out when people kept saying not to go over 100% servo travel.

Larry
Travler is offline Find More Posts by Travler
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,180 Posts
should i just go into the aileron throws in my dx6i and dial back the aileron?
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:13 AM
Registered User
Travler's Avatar
United States, AL, Randolph
Joined Mar 2004
246 Posts
That's what I did with my DX7.
Travler is offline Find More Posts by Travler
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:21 AM
Registered User
Travler's Avatar
United States, AL, Randolph
Joined Mar 2004
246 Posts
Walter,
In my case I had a new UM T-28 with about 5 good flights on it. The next flight the elevator froze up and I crashed. I got to the plane and every thing worked fine. Repete several times. Horizon replaced plane. Got checking it and found that if I cut the travel down everything worked as it should. rebuilt plane as backup have not flown but works on the bench.

Larry
Travler is offline Find More Posts by Travler
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,180 Posts
thanks. i cut the travel back to 95% just to play it safe and will test it out again over high fluffy grass today. thanks!
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:17 PM
Registered User
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Aug 2012
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler View Post
Walter,
In my case I had a new UM T-28 with about 5 good flights on it. The next flight the elevator froze up and I crashed. I got to the plane and every thing worked fine. Repete several times. Horizon replaced plane. Got checking it and found that if I cut the travel down everything worked as it should. rebuilt plane as backup have not flown but works on the bench.

Larry
I guess I've been lucky. I easily a few dozen flights and no problems at all. Even before my first flight the first thing I did though was cut the travel down to 90% on everything. Maybe this saved me? (My reason for the cutback was because I'm a bit of a beginner, not because I was worried about any servo failure, but it looks like my slight newbiness may have saved my plane
flameout00 is offline Find More Posts by flameout00
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,180 Posts
cut it back to 95% and only flew it once today but all was well. time will tell. i may cut it to 90% justto play it even safer. i also re-bound her so i tried that trick too. ill be holding my breath for every new flight on this girl for a while. kicking myself for ditching my old airframe!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOT!!!!!!!!:censor ed:
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
I probably got a good used one around here, if you need it.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:53 PM
Registered User
Travler's Avatar
United States, AL, Randolph
Joined Mar 2004
246 Posts
If you cut the total control down too much you will have to go inside and move the control rod in on the bellcrank. I did that one and it was too much for me so I drilled a new hole halfway.

Larry
Travler is offline Find More Posts by Travler
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:51 PM
I just want to go fly!
walter3rd's Avatar
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,180 Posts
i could not tell any difference at 95% today over the 100% it had so i think 90% should fly just fine. ill p.m. you matt if you are willing to sell me yours if needed. thanks for the offer. very nice of you. walt.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
Registered User
Wamp's Avatar
Joined Mar 2012
1,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
i could not tell any difference at 95% today over the 100% it had so i think 90% should fly just fine. ill p.m. you matt if you are willing to sell me yours if needed. thanks for the offer. very nice of you. walt.
Wow guys. I missed a lot.
Yes these little servos some times need limits.
The 4-site was famous for this.
good idea drilling a middle hole to get rates you like.
These little worm drive servos are quite robust, considering the size.
Driving them to the ends is tough on them.
keeping a mSr going made me try things.
The little rubber keepers can work their way lose and cause slop or worse.
The mSr actually comes with extras. Helies are hell on servos!
Dirt in any were in the servo is bad. Cat hair or dust, stuff that almost can not be seen can cause behaviors you will blame on your flying skill.

The mechanical end is one thing.
Inside is another.
The foil strip must be clean and free from , what I belive to be,
arking damage.
If the servo binds up but keeps trying to move it apoears to damage or dirty the contact areas there. I have cleaned them with pencil erasers and lubed them
with Caig pro gold with success.
It is not an easy job and much is put at risk. The first go was a last ditch effort!
Good idea to set limits. BUT!
By all means move those control rods for more throw!!!
Set up dual rates or tripple rates if you have them.
Little T-28 is very surprising! Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion PZ Radian or PZ T-28????? rclab1 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 10 Jun 06, 2010 12:59 AM
Question Which is better for grass field pz t 28 or pz p51d bl friz Electric Warbirds 25 Mar 25, 2010 10:00 PM
Poll Which is better for grass field pz t 28 or pz p51d bl friz 3D Flying 0 Mar 22, 2010 08:20 PM
Sold TRADE PZ Corsair PNP for PZ T-28 HBPD Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 14, 2009 12:18 AM
Wanted Will trade for PZ F4U or T-28... WWIIace Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 12, 2009 11:41 AM