HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 728 86.05%
were just asking for too much 118 13.95%
Voters: 846. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:09 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
You'll need a new AS2030L servo for ailerons, too. The AS3X will burn up a std tiny motored servo.
Tnx for that tip I would done that for sure, have a few spares from CC and Beast so I will use on T-28 redo.
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
This site provides a click link to the forecast and paints the wind direction over your flying site

http://www.checkthesock.com
Great site. I just started working midnight shift at work. Brought my champ and UM T-28 to work with me tonight and got 6 batteries charged and waiting for the morning. I registered at the site above and checked my field and it says 12mph winds at 9am when I get off of work Love the site though. Very simple to use. Thanks
spiderjunior is offline Find More Posts by spiderjunior
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,030 Posts
thanks for the link!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
Tnx for that tip I would done that for sure, have a few spares from CC and Beast so I will use on T-28 redo.
Tim
I just learned that the AS3X is mounted on it's side in Spit, hmmm maybe a problem if mounted flat in T-28. Not sure there are enough options with USB programmer to account for this> more research needed!
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:33 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,492 Posts
that button retract is amazing! how technology marches on! very impressive indeed.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:37 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
I just learned that the AS3X is mounted on it's side in Spit, hmmm maybe a problem if mounted flat in T-28. Not sure there are enough options with USB programmer to account for this> more research needed!
Tim
the Axis should be changeable since the Ask-21 board is flat.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:53 AM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,492 Posts
possible gusts of 30 mph i heard on the radio today! time to break out the micro t28. no way im risking my big girl today. lots of tall fluffy grass at my flying field and my micro is a belly lander now.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,492 Posts
so my micro t28 finally BOUGHT THE FARM today.. i went straight out and got another one! took her out of the box and cut off her canopy. did a swich a roo and presto! looks just like the original minus all the ca and crunch marks. so happy to have a micro again. i was without for about 1 hour! long live the micro t-28! all is right with the world again. happy flying! walt.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:37 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Your old one probably still looks better than my flying one... long fly ugly!
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:02 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,492 Posts
i flew her locally and she met with some concrete in a very bad way. she was gaining weight from all the ca and total fusealage distruction! she was a great plane and will always be remembered by the up grade canopy i switched from the old one.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
Found a great flying spot near my work and stopped by there and ran 6 batteries thru the T yesterday morning. This place is much bigger than my field that I normally fly at. I noticed right away that when the plane got to be about 200 - 250 feet or so away from me that it was much more challenging to keep the orientation. If i was just flying at 50% throttle and making large circuits around the area it wasn't too bad, but orientation was very difficult that far out when I added looping, rolling, and flying inverted. Second thing is actually a question...... I spent about 30 mins of my flying today really trying to get comfortable with inverted flight. I tried moving the battery forward and backwards while I was changing batteries but could never quite seem to keep the T inverted for a good long time. I tried a few things, I tried to do a half loop into the inverted and also tried to roll into the inverted. For me, the roll seemed to work the best. I could keep it inverted for probably about 7 or 8 seconds at a time which isn't too bad, but it was difficult to stay inverted. I found that I need to add a good amount of throttle while upside down and also seemed like I was adding quite a bit of down elevator. I use rc deskpilot to practice when I am at home and I know that sim and real life are completely different but when flying inverted on the sim I only need the slightest bit of down elevator to keep inverted. When I was at the field today I had to keep almost complete down elevator to stay level and even then, she was flying with the nose up in the air and the tail section was hanging much lower than the prop. I tried all different things with the battery placement and throttle management but could never quite seem to get her to fly inverted at a flat level. Anybody have any tips? I'm not too worried about it yet, I am really just scratching the surface with inverted practice, I know I will get better, but just looking for some help. Thanks in advance
spiderjunior is offline Find More Posts by spiderjunior
Last edited by spiderjunior; Oct 13, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:31 AM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
have you placed the cf rod on the bottom of the wings to hold them down>??? if not the UM T-28 has just enough dihedral (or how ever you spell it at 430am lol) to mess with ya..
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:28 AM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
891 Posts
Inverted flight with this T28 will never show a 'level' fuselage for level flight do to the undercambered wing. It takes quite a bit of positive wing angle of attack to overcome the undercamber airfoil.

To reduce the amount of down elevator compensation required with inverted, simply move the CG toward the tail. This will result in the plane climbing more with upright, of course, so fly at a throttle less then you had been to rebalance the flight characteristics.
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Last edited by CorvetteC5; Oct 14, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,492 Posts
here is my fresh t28! canopy transplant from old girl. going to keep her with the 2 blade for speed and install mr rcbabbels upgrade motor after this stock one dies. painted the tail and wing tips yellow for something different. opened up the battery tray for the hyperion 1s 3.7 180 mah 25c batteries also rec. by mr babbel. they rock! they look so nice with a fresh cowl. happy flying. she will be a belly lander too as she looks so sweet that way in the air and handles better too. only fluffy tall grass for this girl.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
here is my fresh t28! canopy transplant from old girl. going to keep her with the 2 blade for speed and install mr rcbabbels upgrade motor after this stock one dies. painted the tail and wing tips yellow for something different. opened up the battery tray for the hyperion 1s 3.7 180 mah 25c batteries also rec. by mr babbel. they rock! they look so nice with a fresh cowl. happy flying. she will be a belly lander too as she looks so sweet that way in the air and handles better too. only fluffy tall grass for this girl.
Looks great. Makes me want to take my "T" out for a spin. Nice job.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike