Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 723 85.97%
were just asking for too much 118 14.03%
Voters: 841. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:24 PM
REALJDMEK9
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2005
146 Posts
It's super easy to fly this thing inverted and I can fly it like that as long as I want to.
civichb98 is offline Find More Posts by civichb98
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:56 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,445 Posts
What spot in the elevator control horn are you in?
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:23 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,379 Posts
To fly inverted you basically roll the plane over on its back and then pretend that up stick is up and down stick is expensive

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,024 Posts
I have cut through the tap and am at the tail..is putting this puppy in the freezer for abit the best way to go? I have been reading on hrre and you-tube thinking my motor is dropping down and binding my rudder servo..am at the tail end so to speak..razor blade through or better approach..any thoughts?
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:11 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio View Post
I have cut through the tap and am at the tail..is putting this puppy in the freezer for abit the best way to go? I have been reading on hrre and you-tube thinking my motor is dropping down and binding my rudder servo..am at the tail end so to speak..razor blade through or better approach..any thoughts?
If this is your first time opening the fuse I would tape the decals first then slice through them with a fresh razor. I have never heard of the motor dropping onto the rudder servo......never know though! I would check clearances though once you have it open and when you take the top off just make reference to where your motor lead is on the board before un hooking it! If the rudder control rod slipped in flight the crash most likely put it back in place!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:15 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccessna View Post
My t-28's battery leads have come apart...... the all in one that it has is discontinued. What should i do?
call Horizon hobby! they will probably send you a new brick...if you're nice!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:40 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
To fly inverted you basically roll the plane over on its back and then pretend that up stick is up and down stick is expensive

Kman
Good one!!!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:48 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,445 Posts
I know how to fly inverted but this bird seems to be losing altitude even with full down elevator.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:53 PM
REALJDMEK9
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2005
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
What spot in the elevator control horn are you in?
I have it in the 3rd hole.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
I know how to fly inverted but this bird seems to be losing altitude even with full down elevator.
You may need to pinch the U bend of the elevator control rod a little to compensate. Also, if you have the battery too far forward it may be too nose heavy. Move it back a little and see if it improves.

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:51 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,445 Posts
Thanks I will try that.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:21 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
My t-28's battery leads have come apart...... the all in one that it has is discontinued. What should i do?
If they have come off at the brick someone good with a soldering iron can fix it.

If it broke in the middle or at the connector another connector on a set of wires can be soldered on even if you're not too good at soldering.

If RCBABBEL is still poking about he used to have connecterized leads, I might have an extra poking about, pm me with your address if you'd like it (if I have one).
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:08 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,454 Posts
Quote:
did they break off the board ? any chance to solder them back on ? may have to look in the micro classifieds for a used one..or possibly a new one
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc View Post
If this is your first time opening the fuse I would tape the decals first then slice through them with a fresh razor.
Opening the fuse - tape a semi wide piece of tape wider than regular scotch tape the entire length of the fuse seam covering both the seam and the decals. Then you cut this same entire length with a razorblade to open. To close, a few pieces of scotch tape on top of the tape that you cut allows you to just pull tbe scotch tape off easily in the future if you ever need to get back in.

Flying inverted - I could never fly mine inverted. Needed way too much elevator and was way too twitchy and always wanted to flip back over and right itself. When I put a thin fiberglass 7 inch rod through the wing mount and taped the wings down, it completely flattened the wings. 0 dihedral. First flight I flew the entire battery inverted no problem. I have a 7% elevator deflection on 50% and higher throttle mix for level full throttle flight so I just added a 2nd mix on my DX6i to give 50% elevator deflection on trottle so I can just throw the switch any time I want to flip inverted. Now I have no need at all for giving down elevator when inverted. I just flip the switch and continue flying as usual but inverted.
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:52 PM
REALJDMEK9
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2005
146 Posts
Here's where I got the idea. I wouldn't push it through the bottom fuse. Just cut them into two pieces and go with the:

http://www.rcfoam.com/product_info.p...679926e50632ca

Ultra Micro Wing Repair.mp4 (1 min 28 sec)

I used Foam Safe CA for the Cabron strips