SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 725 86.00%
were just asking for too much 118 14.00%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:24 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Hey guys, just joined the UM T28 club. Got four flights on her so far. I like her a lot , but you definitely have to keep your eye on it.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:24 AM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawk View Post
Hey guys, just joined the UM T28 club. Got four flights on her so far. I like her a lot , but you definitely have to keep your eye on it.
Welcome! Exactly right about the extra concentration. That was an important hurdle for me as I progressed into less stable and faster flying airplanes. Now it is second nature to ignore the flies hovering around my face and the ones biting my arms and legs
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:04 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead600cc View Post
Wamp, I've never tried the Vapor but many who've tried both seem to think the Ember flies more like a plane and my experience is that it flies very well, even if there is a bit more than light air. I can control it and have fun, going high, cutting back on the throttle and nosing it into the wind and soaring like a gull. Then I can bring it down, and going low and slow, perform flybys at walking speed. It's a responsive plane I like to fly high and far and feel confident I'll get it home. It's my 'go to' plane a lot of the time. All that being said, I like the Champ as my best all around micro plane that invites modding and I just bought a new one so that I can go a bit wild with the old one!
Have Vapor, Night Vapor and Ember all are fun to fly, Ember is more plane like and can take a very light breeze, switch to Champ and then T-28 as breeze picks up. Champ is one of my favorite relaxed flying models. Fun to fly Night Vapor in total darkness on calm evening!
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5 View Post
Welcome! Exactly right about the extra concentration. That was an important hurdle for me as I progressed into less stable and faster flying airplanes. Now it is second nature to ignore the flies hovering around my face and the ones biting my arms and legs
Wow..never thought about flies and mosquitoes here in N. Calfornia. We're so lucky. The only distractions I have these days are the darn football players showing up to use the football field. The nerve.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5 View Post
Now it is second nature to ignore the flies hovering around my face and the ones biting my arms and legs
A can of Deep Woods insect repellant goes a long ways here. I spray the appropriate parts of the lower anatomy, then spray my hat (after I have removed it from my noggin ) to help keep the bugs from buzzing around in front of my face. Doesn't always work, but it helps. Now, for them fire ants, you just have to look carefully as to where you are standing.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Hey guys. Does anyone know what the nose gear is steered with? I opened up my T-28 but i kind of accidentally ripped out the electronics (don't ask ) and im not sure where the nose gear attaches anymore. Does anyone know where or have a picture of where to attach the nose gear? I don't see anything in there for it to go onto.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:11 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Hey guys. Does anyone know what the nose gear is steered with? I opened up my T-28 but i kind of accidentally ripped out the electronics (don't ask ) and im not sure where the nose gear attaches anymore. Does anyone know where or have a picture of where to attach the nose gear? I don't see anything in there for it to go onto.
It attaches to the rudder servo. If you look at my blog entry on my brushless upgrade, you will see how it attaches in there with a small control rod.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post21498494

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Last edited by kman24; Jul 25, 2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added link
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Ah okay thanks. Got it in there. Now to buy a new tail and more pushrods.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:47 PM
United States, IL, La Grange Park
Joined May 2012
192 Posts
Just got the UM T-28 and I am hooked. Two successful flights in one evening and only had three minor low speed crashes.

Started off with the Flyzone micro DR1 and never could get it to fly. Stuck in various stages of destruction / repair.

Switched to the Champ which is a joy and a great trainer.

I wanted to advance to 4 channel and this plane works great.
ad skyraider is online now Find More Posts by ad skyraider
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:05 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
It attaches to the rudder servo. If you look at my blog entry on my brushless upgrade, you will see how it attaches in there with a small control rod.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post21498494

Kman
Another way to search for pics is to go to the blue bar at the top and click on thread tools then show attachments. Nice if youre looking for a picture.
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:40 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc View Post
Another way to search for pics is to go to the blue bar at the top and click on thread tools then show attachments. Nice if youre looking for a picture.
Unfortunately not in RCG mobile version...

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:53 PM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Unfortunately not in RCG mobile version...

Kman
yes sad and true! I wish I could zoom on pics too on mobile! but alas you can go full version and get it!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:05 AM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...020-53-039.jpg
or cut and paste!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:37 AM
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc View Post
yes sad and true! I wish I could zoom on pics too on mobile! but alas you can go full version and get it!
90% of pics don't even show up on my mobile. All I see is the word "Attachment" when it isn't a photobucket or similar image. Its not even a link I can click to open an image, just the plain old word.

I'm not on any sort of mobile version. Just www.rcgroups.com opened in Opera. I have no idea how to get a mobile version.
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:36 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodgers View Post
90% of pics don't even show up on my mobile. All I see is the word "Attachment" when it isn't a photobucket or similar image. Its not even a link I can click to open an image, just the plain old word.

I'm not on any sort of mobile version. Just www.rcgroups.com opened in Opera. I have no idea how to get a mobile version.
I used to love Opera on my old Java phone, but on Android, not so much, I just use the stock browser. go to rcgroups.mobi and you will get a streamlined version that loads fast over 3G and is easy to read. And pictures are still shown in threads.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72