Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 723 85.97%
were just asking for too much 118 14.03%
Voters: 841. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:22 PM
REALJDMEK9
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2005
146 Posts
lol!
civichb98 is offline Find More Posts by civichb98
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:24 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant3d View Post
Thank you for the welcome Rick and Bluhammer/Stoned doggie for the info! Clamping the servo arm for the rudder was indeed necessary. I didnt get a chance to test it out today but I have high hopes for flying tomorrow! You guys were also right, the manual was hiding under the foam insert in the box. Rick, the maiden wasnt entirely without incident I nosed it into the dirt/grass a few times which has cause a kind of double chin look to the bottom of the nose. Although unfortunate, I dont think it has had any affect on how it flies. Here is a shot I took after my maiden flight. Flew until dark
haha if you end up meesing it up enough if you have 30$ extra dollars you can by the main wing, fuselage, and tail set thats what i did and remeber the manuals are always underneath the foam haha. o and if you wernt on horizonhobby.com that will be your bestfriend for parts on all the um's or you can just tell your hobbyshop what you need.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:27 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Thumper Rolls Rule.

Get that blip of down elevator (right stick up) plugged in there at just the right moment, and it rolls through as axial as if it were some sort of stunt plane and not a scale-ish aileron trainer!

Try to roll it with no elevator and it will wobble vertically so much it's not really even a roll anymore.

I did *not* try to use the rudder method as shown in your demo, but I'd imagine if the input is plugged in at the right time (seems it would need to be at 90 degrees of rotation instead of what I'm guessing is almost 180 degrees for the aileron method) it would have the right effect. Not sure the T-28 airframe will respond to it as well as ailerons and do an actual 'stalled wing snap roll' though -- perhaps a very experienced pilot could tell the group. All I know is that as a rookie, I am tickled to now be able to get this thing to aileron roll the way I like, following my unschooled first attempts on my own.

Of course, you could go for big air right away:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/outd...-a-stunt-plane
Throwing in some opposite rudder at the same time as aileron will help snap a little faster, but as I tried to Knife edge the T I found that the rudder authority is weak do to its narrow width if ya had some more power she would keep her nose up. tiny rudder is no help in a flat roll or KE
Also if you have up trim in your pane it will fight you when you invert, my T flies neutral all done with CG and battery placement all flight surfaces are flat all the time.
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:39 AM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
transmitter

has anyone else had issues with the transmitter for this Plane? I have my DX-6 but i like the one it comes with cuz i can put it in the shorts pocket to fly behind my house. First it would lose throttle control and I would have to re-bind it 3 or 4 times to get it back after every battery. Also the charger it came with never worked properly but that wasn't too big of a deal since i had2 other lipo chargers. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else. Love the plane when everything works, but no HH support and damage caused by losing control I would not buy again.Thanks.
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:47 AM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett828 View Post
has anyone else had issues with the transmitter for this Plane? I have my DX-6 but i like the one it comes with cuz i can put it in the shorts pocket to fly behind my house. First it would lose throttle control and I would have to re-bind it 3 or 4 times to get it back after every battery. Also the charger it came with never worked properly but that wasn't too big of a deal since i had2 other lipo chargers. Just curious if this hato anyone else. Love the plane when everything works, but no HH support and damage caused by losing control I would not buy again.Thanks.
Crockett,
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Lots of good info and help here.

The first place I would check would be the transmitter batteries. Either replace them with good quality fresh ones or at least do a voltage test.

I assume you are following the book procedure of transmitter on first, keep it a few feet away from the model, then plug the battery in?

Most of us have had very good support from HH. Not sure what you mean by that. Call them, give them the callback number and they are generally very fair and even generous in their support.

Wish you the best. These are great little planes
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
Well the inevitable has happened. I got a little too adventurous and nosed it into the ground really hard. The bottom half of the fuselage is pretty much totaled. The nose is crushed and its cracked behind the wings. The top looks like its still intact though. Do I have any options short of buying a new plane? Maybe buy a new fuselage and transfer the internals? Is that even possible? I'm pretty bummed but I had a lot of fun up until this point so I'm definitely not done yet!
grant3d is offline Find More Posts by grant3d
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:49 PM
all crash, no burn
Joined Aug 2011
336 Posts
Quote:
Well the inevitable has happened. I got a little too adventurous and nosed it into the ground really hard. The bottom half of the fuselage is pretty much totaled. The nose is crushed and its cracked behind the wings. The top looks like its still intact though. Do I have any options short of buying a new plane? Maybe buy a new fuselage and transfer the internals? Is that even possible? I'm pretty bummed but I had a lot of fun up until this point so I'm definitely not done yet!
Easy $14 fix

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=PKZU1567
cardnation is offline Find More Posts by cardnation
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:08 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
yea thats easy to fix its a 30$ fix for a whole new plane! i will give you the parts link and the how to videos, the videos are on the corsair but it will be the same if your just gonna buy the whole new airframe then you will only need to watch the first video.

HorizonHobby.com How To - UM Corsair Receiver Board and Motor Replacement (9 min 59 sec)

http://search.horizonhobby.com/index...d=1330F6C2D912

Horizon hobby will be your best friend for um parts that all the parts for the t-28^^^

Also if you end up buy a whole new air frame you do not need to buy new push rods set they all come with the plane parts. If you want to replace the whole airframe make sure you keep the landing gear, landing gear mounts, elavator and rudder pushrods (the fuselage come with them but you have to heat shrink the z bend to the push rod it will be easyer if you just use the one that you already have put togehter), and of coures the steeribale nose wheel mount.
Last edited by skarface; Oct 16, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:12 PM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Not totaled! Cut the tape.....split the top and bottom of the fuselage in two.
Use steam from a small pot of boiling water with the lid tilted so the steam will be forced out one side so you can move the crushed nose on both halves through the steam. The steam will expand the foam close to its original form.
Once you get the foam straightened out you can begin gluing it back together with "Foam Safe CA".
With the fuselage split apart it will be easy to get to the crack behind the wing and glue that together from inside and out.

Use strips of clear packing tape to put the two halves of the fuselage back together after the glue dries. And reinforce the cracks on the nose with tape after the glue is completely dry.

Your plane will live to fly another day......it will just have a little more character! It's a warbird....it's not suppose to be pretty
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Last edited by F18; Oct 16, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:14 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Hey guys. Would this stuff work to secure the brick (When replacing a fuselage)?
Name: liquid tape.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 20.1 KB
Description:
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:18 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
Use steam from a small pot of boiling water with a lid tilted so the steam will be forced out one side so you can move the crushed nose on both halves through the steam. The steam will expand the foam close to its original form.
Once you get the foam straightened out you can begin gluing it back together with "Foam Safe CA".
With the fuselage split apart it will be easy to get to the crack behind the wing and glue that together from inside and out.

Use strips of clear packing tape to put the two halves of the fuselage back together after the glue dries. And reinforce the cracks on the nose with tape after the glue is completely dry.

Your plane will live to fly another day......it will just have a little more character! It's a warbird....it's not suppose to be pretty
cool dident know about the steam thing thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:20 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN View Post
Hey guys. Would this stuff work to secure the brick (When replacing a fuselage)?
Attachment 4353262
im sure it would just looks like rubber cement test something take a peice of plastice to foam and see if it holds good.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:28 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
Use steam from a small pot of boiling water with the lid tilted so the steam will be forced out one side so you can move the crushed nose on both halves through the steam. The steam will expand the foam close to its original form.

+1 on that its a scratch, very fixable. Dont buy new untill it wont fix
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:46 PM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
+1 on that its a scratch, very fixable. Dont buy new untill it wont fix
I am with you! Fix and fly until there is nothing left.......to fix.
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:16 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
I've done worse.

Dave
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave