HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 713 86.01%
were just asking for too much 116 13.99%
Voters: 829. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:55 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Can someone give me a link to that 5043 prop and does it screw on or do i need a prop adapter?
You can get 5043s and the wooden CNC-cut adapter plugs at RadicalRC. Or contact RCG member RCBabbel. Roger will send you these for a few bucks.

Finally got my DX6i back from HH.
All fixed and working great!
But when I fired up my T-28?
You guessed it: frozen aileron servo.
This is getting crazy.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:15 AM
all crash, no burn
Joined Aug 2011
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
This is getting crazy.
Been there. Open it up and spin the gears by hand make sure nothing is binding. Then clean out the servo with a tooth brush, you can also disassemble the servo and clean the contacts.

There is a YouTube video on how to do this, I'll see if I can dig it up.
cardnation is offline Find More Posts by cardnation
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:15 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Good words. I'm getting ready for another "Dawn Mission" with the little T-28. Also, consider getting some Hyperion batteries. I've been flying with the 160's for months and love them in the T-28.

Just love how I can do slow-and-low flights with the UM T-28. My favorite plane. Get a T-28, fly the wings off of it, and don't look back.
I agree, the little sucker does it all!
Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:18 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant3d View Post
Hello there everybody. "New" guy here, I have been lurking for quite awhile just haven't posted. I have been flying micro helicopters for awhile and recently decided to try out a plane, the t-28 being my first. My maiden flight went OK all things considered but I have a few questions which require me to end my lurking.

I already have a DX6i from heli flying so I set my rates at 70% with 25% expo and took off. I got up in the air just fine but then the plane started banking pretty hard to the left, basically doing circles on its own. I managed to trim it out but its pretty extreme right aileron, over halfway to full. The same goes for the rudder. It was visibly off center out of the box. It flies fine with these trims but from what I have read so far it doesn't seem normal. On my helicopters I can mechanically trim by adjusting the servo arms. Is that something I can (need to) do with the t-28? I also saw someone talking about adjusting the "H stab"? Does that mean adjusting the wing placement? Oh, and my kit was missing the instruction manual for some reason, does anyone have a link to how to adjust CG?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, I know these are probably answered somewhere on the forum, but I would love some feedback straight from you guys. There is such an incredible knowledge base here, I love it! I look forward to participating and not lurking anymore

Oh, does anyone fly in San Diego? Any groups or clubs? I am in north county.
Are u sure ur instruction manual wasent under neath the stara foam pull the foam out of the box and look underneath because i couldent find mine either until i lifted it up they tape it to the foam
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
You can get 5043s and the wooden CNC-cut adapter plugs at RadicalRC. Or contact RCG member RCBabbel. Roger will send you these for a few bucks.

Finally got my DX6i back from HH.
All fixed and working great!
But when I fired up my T-28?
This is getting crazy.
Ok thanks
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:28 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,796 Posts
Quote:
Hello there everybody. "New" guy here, I have been lurking for quite awhile just haven't posted. I have been flying micro helicopters for awhile and recently decided to try out a plane, the t-28 being my first. My maiden flight went OK all things considered but I have a few questions which require me to end my lurking.

I already have a DX6i from heli flying so I set my rates at 70% with 25% expo and took off. I got up in the air just fine but then the plane started banking pretty hard to the left, basically doing circles on its own. I managed to trim it out but its pretty extreme right aileron, over halfway to full. The same goes for the rudder. It was visibly off center out of the box. It flies fine with these trims but from what I have read so far it doesn't seem normal. On my helicopters I can mechanically trim by adjusting the servo arms. Is that something I can (need to) do with the t-28? I also saw someone talking about adjusting the "H stab"? Does that mean adjusting the wing placement? Oh, and my kit was missing the instruction manual for some reason, does anyone
have a link to how to adjust CG?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, I know these are probably answered somewhere on the forum, but I would love some feedback straight from you guys. There is such an incredible knowledge base here, I love it! I look forward to participating and not lurking anymore

1. Set dx6i controls and trims to center neutral, throttle/trim to lowest position.
2. Turn tx on, power up T
3. Look at T's control surfaces while powered up. Are they all neutral?
4. This is your starting point. What is not neutral carefully adjust mechanically by pinching closer together or spreading apart the little U bends in the control rod ends. Be delicate.
Ailerons you're better off trimming with the tx.
5. Use tx to make final touch up trims while in flight.
6. Did you look under the bottom foam in the box for your manual?
Good luck & have fun.

Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:08 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Do these go inside of the 5043 prop then they screw on?

http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...dapter-Set-4mm
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Do these go inside of the 5043 prop then they screw on?

http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...dapter-Set-4mm

I'm not sure I would try to screw one on. A drop of GWS glue might be a better option and would be less likely to cause any damage to the shaft. Give it a good 24 hours just to make sure it is set and good luck.
slots - Topspin is offline Find More Posts by slots - Topspin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:18 AM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
Does this plane have any vertical performance? I haven't seen it yet. I might get a polecat instead. IDK what to get.
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:44 PM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,945 Posts
It does not have unlimited vertical if that's what you're asking. But for a lightly loaded sport scale model, it can do what I'd expect it to.
Yellow Baron is offline Find More Posts by Yellow Baron
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:34 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Hi Grant, welcome to the forum! Great to have you aboard.

First, let me congratulate you. It this was your first rc plane and you still have it in one piece after the maiden, CONGRATULATIONS!

As others have said, the manual is likely taped to the bottom of the styrofoam in the box. If not, you can download one here in English, French, German or Italian http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...0#quickSupport

Someone already mentioned how to center the control trims. If you have more questions just fire away. Someone likely will have the answer.

Rick in Alaska

Quote:

I already have a DX6i from heli flying so I set my rates at 70% with 25% expo and took off. I got up in the air just fine but then the plane started banking pretty hard to the left, basically doing circles on its own. I managed to trim it out but its pretty extreme right aileron, over halfway to full. The same goes for the rudder. It was visibly off center out of the box. It flies fine with these trims but from what I have read so far it doesn't seem normal. On my helicopters I can mechanically trim by adjusting the servo arms. Is that something I can (need to) do with the t-28? I also saw someone talking about adjusting the "H stab"? Does that mean adjusting the wing placement? Oh, and my kit was missing the instruction manual for some reason, does anyone have a link to how to adjust CG?

WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:07 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN View Post
Hi Grant, welcome to the forum! Great to have you aboard.

First, let me congratulate you. It this was your first rc plane and you still have it in one piece after the maiden, CONGRATULATIONS!

As others have said, the manual is likely taped to the bottom of the styrofoam in the box. If not, you can download one here in English, French, German or Italian http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...0#quickSupport

Someone already mentioned how to center the control trims. If you have more questions just fire away. Someone likely will have the answer.

Rick in Alaska
rick since your in alaska im guessing there is snow around you do you have floats or skids on any of your um's.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:16 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittsboylogan View Post
Does this plane have any vertical performance? I haven't seen it yet. I might get a polecat instead. IDK what to get.
you can make it close to vertical performance by doing alittle modding.

http://www.clubheli.com/Bravo-SX-Main-Motor_p_2858.html

you cut the tip off that motor and put conect the wires together with the parkzone male motor plug you either solder or electric tape them it wouldent be hard.

Also you get a good high power battery

http://search.horizonhobby.com/index...d=13304B51DE47

one of the 3 batterys on top i would sugest the 160 mah they are 10 more mah than the eflite 150 mah and they are 25c the eflite 150's are only 12c and the thunder power 160's are smaller and lighter than the eflite 160's.
some people just like hyperions but i never tried the thunder power nor hyperions but im gonna try the thunder power my dad has one for his micro heli he said he like it alot better than the eflite ones.

other than that thats all i know onl better you can do is make it brushless wich is alittle confusing if your new (like me i dont know how to do brushless either i have tried to understand but just cant lol)

im going to do what i have just posted just got my new fuslage yesterday
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:21 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
rick since your in alaska im guessing there is snow around you do you have floats or skids on any of your um's.
Well no snow yet but it is almost down the mountain today. Likely will be here within the week.

I just put floats on my UM Champ. Had hoped to try it off water but not sure if I will be able to as things are freezing up pretty fast. Should work good from the snow though!

Plan to build some skis for some of the other planes.

I am working on a flat foamy called the snowball. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=snowball It should work pretty good from anything.

Other than that, just plow a nice ice runway!
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:32 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN View Post
Well no snow yet but it is almost down the mountain today. Likely will be here within the week.

I just put floats on my UM Champ. Had hoped to try it off water but not sure if I will be able to as things are freezing up pretty fast. Should work good from the snow though!

Plan to build some skis for some of the other planes.

I am working on a flat foamy called the snowball. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=snowball It should work pretty good from anything.

Other than that, just plow a nice ice runway!

wow cool i really like that snowball