HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 723 85.97%
were just asking for too much 118 14.03%
Voters: 841. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Buzzing/humming noise, sounds like from that servo but not certain. No reaction whatsoever to stick movement though.
tnorthcutt is offline Find More Posts by tnorthcutt
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:35 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnorthcutt View Post
Buzzing/humming noise, sounds like from that servo but not certain. No reaction whatsoever to stick movement though.
Not sure what it could be.
You could reverse ch 6 to make it a reversed aileron ch 2 (used with dual servos) and plug the servo into the other port,the one above where it is now and see if it works.....

I think although you may not like to have to wait.
You should see if the lhs will exchange it and if not contact horizon.

You don't want to really goof around with it right now if you plan to try and exchange it or have horizon help you out with it.
Be sure to tell them that you powered it up the very first time and the aileron servo never worked,not once...

If you don't plan to return it then try the servo in the other port after you reverse ch 6.

If that doesn't work...i don't know....guess you will have to buy a new aileron servo.

Just thought of something.
Maybe the screw in the center of the aileron bellcrank...the plastic T the aileron linkage is in.

Maybe that screw is tight and that's why the servo cant move.
When i had mine apart to remove the belly pan i had to unscrew the aileron bellcrank.
When i put it back together at first i had the screw to tight and the bellcrank wouldn't move..had to loosen the screw a bit.

Check that.

Below is the manual for the brick in the T 28....AR6400 and AR6400 L the "L" has long throw servos that's the only difference,programming is the same for both.

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Unfortunately I'm using the included TX, so nothing I can do there to test.

I also loosened that bellcrank screw as well already, but that wasn't it. Maybe the LHS will have a replacement servo to put in... At least then I wouldn't have to wait. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:00 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,875 Posts
Quote:
Unfortunately I'm using the included TX, so nothing I can do there to test.

I also loosened that bellcrank screw as well already, but that wasn't it. Maybe the LHS will have a replacement servo to put in... At least then I wouldn't have to wait. Thanks for the suggestions.
You can do the ch reversing with the stock tx...the reversing takes place inside the brick.
Matter of fact using the stock tx is the only way i make programming changes in the brick.

That really stinks,i was really hoping that the guy who assembled your plane just over tightened that screw.
Hope that your lhs will help you out.

Don't let this little bump get you down about these planes.
Sometimes crap happens and you get a bum part,it's happened to me with motors on a heli and my T 28 i just got about a month ago had it's motor start screeching on me.
Had to replace it and ended up reviving the screeching motor by running it and dunking the motor in water while it was running...of course the motor was removed from the plane to do that.

Just hang in there till monday when you can get to the lhs.
If you do end up having to call horizon use the feature to leave your name and number...you will get help faster than holding on the phone,i have been on hold for over an hour with them before anyone got to my call.

Good luck and let us know how you make out with it.

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:01 AM
Good Times!
Joined Feb 2011
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Nice flying!
The inverted was great and it looked good with all three up there at the same time.
My eye kept being drawn to that hill/mountain on the right in the screen.
I would be climbing up there with a keychain cam on the Champ and fly from the top!

Ridgewalker
That's a great idea! Once I get a keychain cam I think I'll take one of my micros up to red rock out here. Can you post a link for an affordable HD keychain cam?
Micro Budget is offline Find More Posts by Micro Budget
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:25 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Picked up my brand new T-28 from the local shop today. Got it home and charged up, only to find out that the aileron servo is completely bound up. All the others turn freely by hand, but the aileron servo barely turns by finger, and even then only partly. Any suggestions, or am I stuck calling Horizon?
Please call Horizon, they shouldnt get away the poor quality control on these. I had the same problem along with a bad motor right off the bat!
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:42 AM
Canada, QC, Saint-Hubert
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
Hi again guys,
I was able to bind it to memory 4 as it wouldn't bind to memory 1. Then i reset memory 1 and now I can bind to it. Strange but now everything is ok.
Mespert is offline Find More Posts by Mespert
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:03 AM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespert View Post
Hi again guys,
I was able to bind it to memory 4 as it wouldn't bind to memory 1. Then i reset memory 1 and now I can bind to it. Strange but now everything is ok.
good deal i knew you would get it right on........Crash
crashdumby is offline Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:44 AM
easily confused
Nashville Metro, Tennessee, United States
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespert View Post
Hi again guys,
Perhaps due to the individualized model matching feature that #1 slot had already been bound to another receiver at some point and even in bind mode it was looking for that receiver exclusively.

No reason for you to have expected it but it makes some sense at least.

Have fun with that T-28, I think it's a lovely plane!
mu2freighter is offline Find More Posts by mu2freighter
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:59 AM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,788 Posts
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2freighter View Post
Perhaps due to the individualized model matching feature that #1 slot had already been bound to another receiver at some point and even in bind mode it was looking for that receiver exclusively.

No reason for you to have expected it but it makes some sense at least.

Have fun with that T-28, I think it's a lovely plane!
yes that could have happend still wierd though good point...Crash
crashdumby is offline Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:03 AM
easily confused
Nashville Metro, Tennessee, United States
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdumby View Post
yes that could have happend still wierd though good point...Crash
Well, I didn't see any indication of where that transmitter was purchased. If it came from a local store it's very possible that someone there used it to demo the bind process or to test a receiver.

Thinking about it, it makes even more sense to have to clear a previously used slot as a safety measure.
mu2freighter is offline Find More Posts by mu2freighter
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:18 AM
Canada, QC, Saint-Hubert
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
It was brand new from an order i passed at my LHS and I was there when the owner received his order. Maybe at HH they bound it to a plane to test something but it smells and look new
Mespert is offline Find More Posts by Mespert
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:26 AM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Thanks for the manual, Ridgewalker. Unfortunately I'm traveling today through Sunday so won't have a chance to try that until Sunday night. I think I'll call the LHS and urge them to order a replacement plane to be ready in Monday... Hopefully they'll see the wisdom in providing good service. I made it clear yesterday when I picked it up that I'd likely be buying more in the future, so we'll see if they come through for me on this.

Thanks for the help!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:34 PM
keep on spinning!
Fort Lauderdale,Florida USA
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
T-28 night time set up..

[YouTube]
T-28 UM parkzone with tiny bright lights.. (1 min 43 sec)
[YouTube]
N212LA is offline Find More Posts by N212LA
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:46 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,015 Posts
Looks nice, but why do the white lights look blue?
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay