HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 719 86.00%
were just asking for too much 117 14.00%
Voters: 836. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 01, 2010, 08:52 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,173 Posts
A UM EDF like a mini habu would be awesome
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2010, 09:16 AM
United States, IA, Greenfield
Joined Apr 2010
582 Posts
I could see like a micro se5 for a relazing 3 channel just like the 250 sized eflight
Lilbanks96 is offline Find More Posts by Lilbanks96
Old Aug 01, 2010, 04:04 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
If this Micro flies like the full sized, it could be the best micro produced to date, The full size 28 is an outstanding plane. Had my full sized out yesterday and flew it like i had been flying like I had been flying all my life! It actually made me look better than I realy am. I have both versions of the full sized, as much as I like the micro's I need to resist this micro 28. Trying to wait for a micro jet from PZ. Already have two PZ micro's
I'm thinking it should fly pretty close to it. While it's the heaviest, it also has the largest wingspan at 16.5 inches. I believe the current available largest is the Hobby zone champ, with a 15 inch wingspan. FWIW, the champ also has a larger box than the UM P51. That extra weight is probably due to nose steering gear and just it's overall size.

That said, the champ flies like a much larger model, very docile and floaty. My guess is the Micro T-28 will be stable, with predictable stall and great tracking. It might do ok in light breezes too.

whats irksome is that we won't see these till October (although the wild cat came in pretty quick), right around when we loose daylight, and those perfectly quiet summer evenings.
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Aug 01, 2010, 04:17 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
I'm thinking it should fly pretty close to it. While it's the heaviest, it also has the largest wingspan at 16.5 inches. I believe the current available largest is the Hobby zone champ, with a 15 inch wingspan. FWIW, the champ also has a larger box than the UM P51. That extra weight is probably due to nose steering gear and just it's overall size.

That said, the champ flies like a much larger model, very docile and floaty. My guess is the Micro T-28 will be stable, with predictable stall and great tracking. It might do ok in light breezes too.

whats irksome is that we won't see these till October (although the wild cat came in pretty quick), right around when we loose daylight, and those perfectly quiet summer evenings.
The Champ has a 20.25" wingspan and is huge compared to other PKZ micros, but flies fine @ 41g (empty weight is 37g) and will loop from level flight at full throttle. A Mustang Motor should fly a 50 gram plane OK, and the T-28 will likely have a Mustang Motor.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Aug 01, 2010, 08:16 PM
United States, NJ, Freehold Township
Joined May 2009
357 Posts
If the um t28 flies great like the big brother sign me up. I have had many foam edge and rag planes and the trojan is the best. Everyone says the same thing.
crashkorey is offline Find More Posts by crashkorey
Old Aug 01, 2010, 10:06 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,545 Posts
Move Over!

Dang! A FlyZone Albatros is on order, and then maybe one of these UM T-28's?!? I'm running out of deck space!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Aug 01, 2010, 11:28 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,332 Posts
I think you can manage to start a second row or maybe build another deck for the other micros that are coming!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Aug 02, 2010, 02:29 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
Dang! A FlyZone Albatros is on order, and then maybe one of these UM T-28's?!? I'm running out of deck space!

RD
lol, why do you have several times the same plane?
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Aug 02, 2010, 06:19 AM
Weekend Hacker
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2009
112 Posts
cause he can lol
nitro_star is offline Find More Posts by nitro_star
Old Aug 02, 2010, 07:31 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
I once went to the Hobby store to get a motor for my micro Mustang. They told me I had to wait one week to get one. I ordered it, but then bought a second Mustang on the spot so I could fly that week. Now, I have one at work and one at home. No need to carry the box every day anymore.

I use to have 6 Vapors as well. (now only 5). Two are at work, and 3 at home. I let anybody fly my Vapors, so they are quite often on the bench. Sure enough, a few spares are a surely welcome.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 02, 2010, 09:25 AM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The Champ has a 20.25" wingspan and is huge compared to other PKZ micros, but flies fine @ 41g (empty weight is 37g) and will loop from level flight at full throttle. A Mustang Motor should fly a 50 gram plane OK, and the T-28 will likely have a Mustang Motor.
Just checked, and your right, it's 22 inches across. don't know where I got my number from.

My UM p-51 is pretty beat up, so I'm deciding between swapping all of it's parts to a T-28 frame, or for what works out to about $40 more, just buy a whole BNF.
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Aug 02, 2010, 09:56 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,173 Posts
Just buy the whole T-28 and use UMp51 guts in a project build
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 02, 2010, 01:19 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Is it possible to have a micro EDF that size?
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old Aug 02, 2010, 01:37 PM
Joined Jul 2006
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UponorX View Post
Is it possible to have a micro EDF that size?
Yes but EDF is scale but not efficient. I think a pusher jet is better and has longer flighttime.
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Aug 02, 2010, 04:24 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
Well, I said I wouldn't tell what the planes are, but didn't say anything about hints...

Speed demon: This one'll have you flying around poles to have it.

3D: One word out of an old Rolling Stones song title.

Relaxing putter: "I've done worst than kill you Captain, I've hurt you! And I wish to go on hurting you!!" (Any geek worth his weight in gold pressed latnum knows this!)
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Last edited by southernmd_man; Aug 02, 2010 at 04:57 PM.