Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:23 PM
USA, IL, Benton
Joined Jan 2005
375 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
Discussion
Need Help-Anybody heard of Dave Cranford from Ca.??

Any body ever done business with dave Cranford from the San diego-chula vista area? Also goes by rc composites. He took my money and haven't heard from him since July 2nd.
On line he uses voodoo450. I was hoping somebody would know him and have a phone number or a street address.
Red Raider is offline Find More Posts by Red Raider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:18 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Trader Rating: 188
I love this statement in one of his ads:

Quote:
I have responded to all who have inquired to the best of my ability. I am not well versed on computers and this is my first effort on RC Groups. I have a good rating on RC universe, check under voodoo450 if you want. It seems to me that everybody wants to steal this airplane and engine. My kids work hard for thier money so I will NOT sell it for less than 400.00. I am reasonable on the shipping and greyhound bus seems to be the way to go for long distance.
...he has ONE positive rating on RCU!

Googled his name and came across this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Die...rnia_Probation

Quote:
San Diego county: Dave Cranford served as acting chief probation officer from August through December 2003

A quick QwestDex search brings up several David Cranfords in the SoCal area, but only one specifically in San Diego - there is an address, but no phone number:

http://dexknows.whitepages.com/searc...caltime=survey

On RCU, he lists his location as Chula Vista -- his info between the different sites does point toward this area.
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:24 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,889 Posts
Trader Rating: 188
Here is a google search result. The link does not work, so this is all I have (see attachment) -- there is a phone number for the CA corrections and probations department with the contact name of David Cranford in Chula Vista, CA. According to the wiki article, he retired in 2003; but, maybe if you contacted this department, they could tell you if it is the same guy??

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:54 PM
USA, IL, Benton
Joined Jan 2005
375 Posts
Thanks to you who have replied. I will continue my phone calls and searching tomorrow now that I have more places to investigate.
Fred
Old Aug 04, 2010, 10:25 AM
USA, IL, Benton
Joined Jan 2005
375 Posts
Maybe if a moderator reads this they can combine both of my threads. Postal authorities are seriously looking into this matter.
I have tried to contact different moderators about this scammer to see if they had any contact info on him and not a single one has replied. many thanks to those who have sent suggestions and advice.
Fred