HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:24 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
It's the brushless version. It's very easy to fly in wind, I don't even think twice about taking it out to fly in 5 to 10 mph breezes. Not to say the wind doesn't affect it, a strong gust can make it bounce up and down a little but it's still very controllable and can easily fly into a ten mph wind. My 4f180 on the other hand which is much larger is very hard to fly smoothly in even a light breeze.
Great info, I was thinking of getting BL genius after having mcpx.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:57 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,435 Posts
Flew the Mosquito for the first time this morning. It has an annoying tendency to keep nosing up like a paper glider although the larger 500 mAh battery helped. Trimming just seems to bring out other twitchy tendencies. A few good landings and a few hard ones; i can't even say really hard because there was no structural damage whatsoever but the propeller shaft snapped; part of it is inside the propeller. I will order the prop and shaft but I am losing interest in this plane. I next flew my F-22 from Toysonics.com and it hand launched effortlessly and flew very well; much better than the Mosquito and can be slowed down surprisingly well for a belly landing in grass.

I will repair the Mosquito but probably won't be flying it much after that.

I can fly the F-22 better but wish it had landing gear. I may install some though.
Next I flew the black V450D01 Airwolf which flew great but the wind picked up suddenly and I packed up and left. No chance to fly the blue one.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:57 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,730 Posts
Nice looking fleet!

Wind has sure been a pain down in Florida lately, hasn't it? I was out trying to fly in 20 MPH, with gusts to 30 and it just sucks the fun right out of it!

I think by midweek the cold front supposedly is through, and maybe we can settle in to cooler temps, but with less wind!

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:46 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Nice looking fleet!

Wind has sure been a pain down in Florida lately, hasn't it? I was out trying to fly in 20 MPH, with gusts to 30 and it just sucks the fun right out of it!

I think by midweek the cold front supposedly is through, and maybe we can settle in to cooler temps, but with less wind!

yeah, it hasn't been too bad around here but definitely enough wind that I couldn't really enjoy flying my fp 4f180, which is why I've been flying my genuis so much lately....I have a v450D01 but it still scares me a little so I've kept it shelved for the most part
. I wish I could make myself get up early and go fly some before work cause the wind is almost always non existent from dawn untill 9 am or so but I'm just too lazy most of the time,lol
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:10 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,936 Posts
The woods main blades from HK doesn't fit! Any recommended ones that'll fit?
Old Dec 01, 2011, 08:43 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,991 Posts
I have some exi blades coming for my v400 , that should fit the v450 also.i will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
The woods main blades from HK doesn't fit! Any recommended ones that'll fit?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:03 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I have some exi blades coming for my v400 , that should fit the v450 also.i will let you know.
Thanks, I got 325mm yellow fiberglas $10.99 from Helidirect. It fits, but I have not flown them yet, so not sure how they are. Its the first one listed on your website.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 04:07 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,338 Posts
Hi all,
I just got some more 3S batteries but the balance connector isn't right for the Walkera type balance board. Anyone got a link/source for the female 3S (4pin) balance plugs?
(I'm not afraid of solder or crimping)

EDIT: After looking at JST website and their PDFs it seems that one just needs to google the right thing. Searching for XHP-4 on Amazon.co.jp turned up a set of 10. I was a little shocked to see a genuine JST crimp tool is $400+!! I'll be using a $30 version from eBay instead and saving the rest for more Heli crack.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Last edited by thwaitm; Dec 02, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:53 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
got my 450d01 all scaled out finally...its a heliartist agusta 109, but i fabricated a bunch of little detail parts and nabbed a few from a plastic model kit i found in the LHS junk bin

i am loving this bird, by far the best thing i have ever flown.
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:35 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
1,991 Posts
Looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trust416 View Post
got my 450d01 all scaled out finally...its a heliartist agusta 109, but i fabricated a bunch of little detail parts and nabbed a few from a plastic model kit i found in the LHS junk bin

i am loving this bird, by far the best thing i have ever flown.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:47 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,435 Posts
Great looking scale! Glad to see someone besides me doing this. Just a tip; I use heat sinks and Arctic Silver compound all from Radio shack on my stock ESC to prevent overheating. I found a lot of work can go down the tubes if I don't; both of my V450D01's have this modification.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:28 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
thanks! - not my first scale ship but my first FBL one - makes such a difference in the look

my ESC seems to run pretty cool, deff a bit more heat generated due to the enclosure but all good. I had windows installed before and that was making it run a bit hot for my liking but just popped them out and now all is well.

I am running the upgraded wow motor so don't know if that helps but everything seems to be fine....put a full pack though her the other day (6 mins) and was throttle punching it and really tearing it around and it was just warm when i brought it back in.

I think those hobbyking xt60 connectors really help as well, before I installed those the lipo/wires/esc were all considerably warmer and that was without the scale body!
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:58 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,936 Posts
D/R and Expo

Curious as to what most of you use for our Expo for your v450d01? Been flying my v450d01 for about two weeks (non-3d). Some of other pilots at the field noticed that my banking turns are too slow and suggested that I play with my Expo settings. I'm only one with V450d01, they all fly other brands.

So what do you recommend to making the banking turns response quicker? My current settings are D/R 100% and Expo 30% except for Rudder which has expo at LIN.

Does increasing the Expo value makes response quicker or slower?
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:10 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
1,991 Posts
Im 55 dr and 35 expo in all my settings and a 3 of my vseries helis. Im not sure about how to make more banked turns except more speed and sharper turns.

I just added 24 red led lights , it should shine nicely even during the day. ( im not good enought to fly at night with the 6 channel helis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Curious as to what most of you use for our Expo for your v450d01? Been flying my v450d01 for about two weeks (non-3d). Some of other pilots at the field noticed that my banking turns are too slow and suggested that I play with my Expo settings. I'm only one with V450d01, they all fly other brands.

So what do you recommend to making the banking turns response quicker? My current settings are D/R 100% and Expo 30% except for Rudder which has expo at LIN.

Does increasing the Expo value makes response quicker or slower?
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:21 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Im 55 dr and 35 expo in all my settings and a 3 of my vseries helis. Im not sure about how to make more banked turns except more speed and sharper turns.

I just added 24 red led lights , it should shine nicely even during the day. ( im not good enought to fly at night with the 6 channel helis)
Sounds good. Maybe I'm try your expo.