SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:37 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
hy !

I have some special questions, i hope you will be able to help cuz i'm really disappointed now.

I have a walkera 4F200 with 2801 pro and i have upgraded it with rx2702V, Emax Digit metal geared cyclic servos and a Hitec 5065 Mg rudder servo. for much performance.
and also 30A esc.
I have went trough some problems like i had to use swash mix for aileron 100% elevator 100% and specially Pith to -100% (minus)) because of the orientation of the servos . 4f200 have 1 front and 2 behind v450 has the opposite .. so this way i was able to set correct swash movement for stick inputs...really much. this problem is done.,
Now comes my next one
After i have finished setting up servo travel setup, and etc with my rx setup . i have to set the 3 axis gyro revers.
i have to tilt the body and observate the swash when stabilizing. and my heli doesn't want to stabilizing at all... no servo sound:S
I have tried every gyrosens and rx deelay and sensitivity options and combinations but no answer from my servos.. even at half throttle , unplugged motor and so on.
Btw my rudder works fine.
so please if u have any idea let me know... i want to fly that Muscle-Bird but i have no idea how to make my 3 axis gyro work.

Thx for all
deliver1003 is offline Find More Posts by deliver1003
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
95 Posts
in emax servo the signal wire is orange. Make sure the orange is at inner part of receiver, like the white wire color of walkera servos.
pilotonovato is offline Find More Posts by pilotonovato
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:58 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
yeah orange upside , on rx2702v , but i have nice swash moves on stick input so it is good at all, the problem must be something diffrent.
Anyways thx
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
95 Posts
Did you select 3 servos 120 degrees on Swash menu? Out of ideas.
pilotonovato is offline Find More Posts by pilotonovato
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotonovato View Post
Did you select 3 servos 120 degrees on Swash menu? Out of ideas.
Yeah, sure.
and me too out of ideas , and i dont wanna hear about dead rx it is brand new i really hope it is not dead
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:25 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliver1003 View Post
Yeah, sure.
and me too out of ideas , and i dont wanna hear about dead rx it is brand new i really hope it is not dead
Since I have spare 2702s, what I would do would be swap it out to see if the problem remains.

Since you only have the one rx, the *very* last question I have is "Have you used the corrected Wow Hobbies 4f200 with 2702 set up guide, EXACTLY step by step, including confirmation steps?

I think it's available in pdf format somewhere (but I don't have a link), but if you go through that, and it gives you the thumbs up with the LED sequence, as well as the double swash pump, then it pretty much HAS to be a bad gyro part of the receiver. I can't think of anything left to check.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, then whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, as Sherlock Holmes
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:41 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Since I have spare 2702s, what I would do would be swap it out to see if the problem remains.

Since you only have the one rx, the *very* last question I have is "Have you used the corrected Wow Hobbies 4f200 with 2702 set up guide, EXACTLY step by step, including confirmation steps?

I think it's available in pdf format somewhere (but I don't have a link), but if you go through that, and it gives you the thumbs up with the LED sequence, as well as the double swash pump, then it pretty much HAS to be a bad gyro part of the receiver. I can't think of anything left to check.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, then whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, as Sherlock Holmes
no i havent heard about it but now i will go and find it , after i have finished with it. i'll leave a comment for sure
Nice idea thanks again
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:43 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Try unplugging 2 cyclic servos and check if with just one connected there is any movement.
Are those servos digital? (I see you wrote they are.)
Try connecting just the tail servo into aile or elev and see if there is anything.
Make sure all the DIP switches are in the correct positions
(check my attachments for V2702 setup guide http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=4254682 and
photo of RX http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4220551).
Buy a set of WK09-08 servos for ~$15 and see if it works with them...
Try setting the gyro pots at each extent and test at each setting... (ah you did this too).
and for the moment I'm done!
Good luck!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Last edited by thwaitm; Nov 14, 2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added links to attachments
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:47 PM
United Kingdom, England, Devon
Joined Sep 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
hy !

I have some special questions, i hope you will be able to help cuz i'm really disappointed now.

I have a walkera 4F200 with 2801 pro and i have upgraded it with rx2702V, Emax Digit metal geared cyclic servos and a Hitec 5065 Mg rudder servo. for much performance.
and also 30A esc.
I have went trough some problems like i had to use swash mix for aileron 100% elevator 100% and specially Pith to -100% (minus)) because of the orientation of the servos . 4f200 have 1 front and 2 behind v450 has the opposite .. so this way i was able to set correct swash movement for stick inputs...really much. this problem is done.,
Now comes my next one
After i have finished setting up servo travel setup, and etc with my rx setup . i have to set the 3 axis gyro revers.
i have to tilt the body and observate the swash when stabilizing. and my heli doesn't want to stabilizing at all... no servo sound:S
I have tried every gyrosens and rx deelay and sensitivity options and combinations but no answer from my servos.. even at half throttle , unplugged motor and so on.
Btw my rudder works fine.
so please if u have any idea let me know... i want to fly that Muscle-Bird but i have no idea how to make my 3 axis gyro work.

Thx for all
Tailset/SW dipswitch should be up, I've forgotten to do this after going through the swash setup routine in the past with similar problems. Flick it up and down a few times to make sure, leaving it on the tailset position.
Hope this helps.

Jim
jimlennie is offline Find More Posts by jimlennie
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:39 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Okay I have finished most of the advices.
-only one cyclic servo,
-changed rudder to cyclic
Tracknoob i have done the steps exactly...every little parameters . and nothing..:S
Thwaitm thanks for the link and attachments it was really diffrent, and all the Dipswitches are set as yours
Jimlennie i have tried your advice but nothing diffrent :S
no cyclic servo sound at all..
but maybe one thing if i switch elevator reverse on rx my swash moves a little bit for a new position . another thing with aileron switch it doesn't

i have some information about the rx2702 doesn't like other servos..... but Emax is a popular one and i have tried out with my Hitec as well so ...really dont know what is true about it.
I should buy a set of WK09-08 servos and try out as Thwaitm sad.
maybe it work . if not it would be really my rx :S sadly

Here is my little video about my problem and basic settings.

Ps: my swash mix is 50% in this footage, but it works as well with 100% as in my Upper post.
and my pitch curve to the following: 0 – 50 – 50 – 50 – 100. This helps in setting min – mid – max .

4F200 with rx2702V 3-Axis Gyro Issue (1 min 53 sec)
Last edited by deliver1003; Nov 14, 2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Video link added
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:19 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,503 Posts
Quote:
Okay I have finished most of the advices.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHBTtQslY0&feature=channel_video_title[/url]

An awesome (but frustrating) video -- looks like in it, you have given visual evidence that everything is wired, set, and working correctly... EXCEPT that dadburned swash needs to move when you tilt it! Mine sure does.

The one thing you did not show was a 'clean' bind cycle -- with the heli flat and stable, and the swash 'popping' twice at the end to say everything is okay. But I think you said it does do that, and so if it does, then even the RADIO thinks everything is okay, not just us!

I just don't understand it.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:29 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Yep - I'm thinking dead gyro...

It was new in a sealed packet when you got it?
You haven't connected, dis-connected or mis-connected any servos with the power connected?
Where did you buy it? LHS or online?

Hope you can get a refund.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
Yeah it was sealed and brand new. hmm wrong connection with power on .. maybe but i dont think so that can affect the gyro inside. i have correct stick input so servos are good and head lock works fine.
but here's another thing i have setted up the old reciver with the 4f200 factory (brand new) servos (they are analog on cyclics) and i have setted up no swash mix at all, so 1 servo alters the pitch. and there's no stabilizing at all
Tracknoob do you have the same 4f200 with moving and stabilizing servos?
which one do u use? 2612v or 2702 ?

Here's a little video about the other setup and initializing as well
I hope u enjoy it.!

4F200 with rx2702V and Rx2612V no stabilizing (2 min 33 sec)
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:04 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
Failsafe

Anyone setup their wk-2801 pro for Failsafe? Failsafe to make sure if RX loss connection to radio, it would set to its blade pitch to zero.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:28 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,503 Posts
Quote:
Tracknoob do you have the same 4f200 with moving and stabilizing servos?
which one do u use? 2612v or 2702 ?
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40LIpKWkGA[/url]
I have one 4f200 with a 2702 on it (and I use a 2702 on several 450 sized helis, as well) and I have a 2618 on the other 4f200, but both of them have had a 2612 on them as well. I have probably 4 used 2612s I've collected in a bag, I guess I can use them as door stops, because IMHO, that' about what they are worth.

I just this minute got both 4f200s off the shelf to check how they respond. I grabbed video, but it would need to be converted, uploaded, etc, so if you want it, I can trim it, convert it and put it up, but I'll wait for you to say you need it.

RESULT: Both the 2702 as well as the 2618 both show noticeable swash movement opposite to the direction of tilt, with zero throttle, immediately after binding and initializing properly.

I think some folks have said the 2612 does not start stabilizing until throttle is above mid point, however I *think* (but can't swear to it), that I have bench-tested them and seen about the same response as these two gave me (but not as well-controlled - the 2612 oddly looked smoother, but IMHO, less in sync with reality, and by experience does not work nearly as well as the 2702.)