HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:34 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Hi Alex, I think I had the same problem and in the end the solution is just to swap the plugs on the receiver if you follow the manual's locations for the servos. Pit and Aile are reversed.

It should make things work properly again.

Good luck!
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:37 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Yes thats true, I had this problem also, almost sent my RX back to the dealer because of it. The manual is wrong....
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:44 AM
Joined May 2011
3 Posts
Thanks guys, I was thinking the same way.
Alex1971 is offline Find More Posts by Alex1971
Old Aug 04, 2011, 05:51 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
I actually started to rewrite the manual in English and with corrections but I ran out of energy to complete the job!
Old Aug 04, 2011, 03:01 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,594 Posts
Hay guys Tom Z needs the settings for v450D01 so he can post on his setup guide.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:14 AM
MSR,Walkera 120D01,180Z,V450
Long Island NY
Joined Sep 2010
104 Posts
Tracking

I had the strangest thing happen, I had my heli set up with perfect tracking, I brought it to our flying field, (about a 30 minute drive) I had it in the trunk of my car along with another heli and a Piper cub. I always lash the two heli's to the side of the trunk to keep them from falling over. I didn't fly the helis at the field but I decided to fly it when I got home , the tracking was way off, how did it change just sitting in my trunk??
badbob10 is offline Find More Posts by badbob10
Old Aug 06, 2011, 11:48 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
The gravity of the moon?
If it can pull the sea about surely it can manage a little Heli!
That said, it's more likely to be temperature related I guess. As your Heli warms up or cools down in the trunk I guess parts can move, flex or creep and then when you come to fly later it's cooler and bits are shrinking but others are not moving back to their original starting points.

Don't you just love physics? :-)
Old Aug 06, 2011, 12:16 PM
MSR,Walkera 120D01,180Z,V450
Long Island NY
Joined Sep 2010
104 Posts
Thanks for the explaintion thwaitm, that's what my wife said....but that was not it, as soon as I saw how out of wack it was I put it back in the house and it sat overnight in it's normal, airconditioned habitat. If it was the physics then this morning it should have gon back but it was still way out, I'm talking about over an inch! I checked the feathering shaft, pitch, all the links, rotor blades etc..and then finally adjusted the control links and brought the tracking back to where is should be. She's back to normal but I'm still baffled. Thanks again for your explaination. Happy Hovereing!
badbob10 is offline Find More Posts by badbob10
Old Aug 06, 2011, 08:42 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Well that is very odd then isn't it! Did you check the trunk for Gremlins?
What sort of main blades are you using? There's always a possibility with wood or resin that humidity might make a difference, but there again you'd expect the air-conditioned hangar to have sorted that out. How hot was your trunk? No chance that the blades were heated and suffered a subtle but permanent deformation? Though an inch is a long way out of whack. I'd be curious to hear if it stays sorted or it happens again.
(I studied Materials Science whilst at college).
Old Aug 06, 2011, 10:25 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,540 Posts
Flew this morning and evening. Wish I had the video cam this evening; it wasn't raining but a humongous flash of veined lightning flashed behind it in the distance while the 450 Air Wolf was in flight; would have been a great shot. Left after my second pack.

Edit: three packs this morning. Adjusted landing gear retract travel in Tx after noticing the servo was straining, trying to travel past its limits causing it and the ESC to overheat; at least that's my theory. So far no more overheating problems. Noticed the tail cone was loose in this video. A bit of Gorilla Glue on the tips of the screws should keep them from loosening during flight vibration.

Airwolf7_11.wmv (2 min 25 sec)
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Last edited by urrl; Aug 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:37 PM
Joined Feb 2002
295 Posts
guys, i installed a cc phoenix ice 50 esc & i'm thinking of trying the govenor mode, it lets you set 3 rpm targets. i have the stock motor & 2200 25c batteries, what would be good rpm settings for the 3 flight modes? i'm still trying to master basic forward flight.
DEWorley is offline Find More Posts by DEWorley
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:54 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
It'll buff out...

So I was getting all confident having managed a battery and a half, plus one on the V200 and things were going well... then fwwooomp!
I wanted *right* but my fingers said 'more left?' and in she went, main rotor first. I have it on video so I'll upload to YouTube later.

In the meanwhile... do you think I need to replace the main shaft or can I bend it back straight... same goes for the boom... they're only a little bent. Bit a duct tape on the red blade and we'll be flying again in a jiffy.

Now where did I leave the chisel - just need to carve those missing teeth back into the main gear...
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:53 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts

The walk of shame... (0 min 51 sec)
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:19 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Ouch.. sorry to see, but that was an impressive "Thump" sound when it hit the ground!

I would say for sure replace the main shaft, as that will be tough to get straight
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:10 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post

fwwooomp!

I wanted *right* but my fingers said 'more left?' and in she went
Ah, %$#@!^&*#!

I feel for ya, man.