SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2011, 08:38 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Has anyone posted the Wow Hobbies FLybarless controller instructions?
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 03:04 PM
MSR,Walkera 120D01,180Z,V450
Long Island NY
Joined Sep 2010
104 Posts
Yes, but if you still need them pm me an email address and I'll send them to you, I have the Wow setup and a calmer less scary sport setup. A few pages back there a newbie setup for the V450 too.
badbob10 is offline Find More Posts by badbob10
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:16 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Went thru 7 packs on this beautiful Florida morning. One of those packs was a 3200 mAH which lasted about 10.5 minutes. There is a little nose-in during the 2 minute video.
V450D01 A109 Army Fuselage Nose-In (2 min 18 sec)

You may notice I cut the flyby passes short before I get into the glare of the morning sun; I lost a heli or two due to the glare causing disorientation.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:08 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Went thru 7 packs on this beautiful Florida morning. One of those packs was a 3200 mAH which lasted about 10.5 minutes. There is a little nose-in during the 2 minute video.

You may notice I cut the flyby passes short before I get into the glare of the morning sun; I lost a heli or two due to the glare causing disorientation.
Thanks for sharing -- love to see that slow and graceful controlled scale flying... hoping to someday have my 450-sized Sikorsky H-5 Dragonfly set up something in the realm of how nicely yours shows.

Even though I am a newb, I also am acutely aware of the sun's potion when I fly my little mCPX and avoid getting anywhere near where it will be a problem for me.

I wish I could blame this morning's swash ball breakage on mCPX #2 on the sun in my eyes, but unfortunately it was my own lack of skill flying nose-in... gotta either jump back on the sim, or maybe even use the coax as a [safer/cheaper to crash] orientation trainer more...
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Apr 06, 2011, 11:13 AM
MSR,Walkera 120D01,180Z,V450
Long Island NY
Joined Sep 2010
104 Posts
Where's the landing?

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yNCqQU-C4w
Great flying! Would have liked to see the landing gear come down and a landing. Thanks for sharing.
~
badbob10 is offline Find More Posts by badbob10
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Question; I am using a Blade SR 11.1 volt battery in my Walkera 2801 TX. Anyone tried this? I havent actually flown the heli yet but when I turn the TX on it registers about 12.5 volts. I have two of these batteries left over from a junked SR and figure to put them to use and save on AA batteries. The SR battery is 1000 mAH.

Oh-Oh...a 2nd look at this pic shows the label which reads: 9.6V 600 mAh 1.2v 8 NiCad's or 8 1.5v dry batteries inside (which amounts to 12v). Probably not a good idea then? I dunno; I think maybe the mAH rating is not so much of a big deal just as long as the voltage is in range? The other used SR battery is only registering 11.6 v fully charged, maybe I will try that one first.
Last edited by urrl; Apr 06, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:45 PM
kentucky
Joined May 2009
399 Posts
charger adapter

Getting the 450D01. Where can i find an adapter to go from the battery to a deans connector or directly into my thunder A6 charger? Hobby Partz is back ordered.
ccowboyearl is offline Find More Posts by ccowboyearl
Old Apr 06, 2011, 04:43 PM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Question; I am using a Blade SR 11.1 volt battery in my Walkera 2801 TX. Anyone tried this? I havent actually flown the heli yet but when I turn the TX on it registers about 12.5 volts. I have two of these batteries left over from a junked SR and figure to put them to use and save on AA batteries. The SR battery is 1000 mAH.

Oh-Oh...a 2nd look at this pic shows the label which reads: 9.6V 600 mAh 1.2v 8 NiCad's or 8 1.5v dry batteries inside (which amounts to 12v). Probably not a good idea then? I dunno; I think maybe the mAH rating is not so much of a big deal just as long as the voltage is in range? The other used SR battery is only registering 11.6 v fully charged, maybe I will try that one first.
I'm using a lipo 3S 2000mAh. With such battery, you don't have to worry about your tx running out of power anymore.
Indeed, you need to provide the proper voltage. As for the amount of mAh, it just tells how long you can fly without having to recharge the battery.
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
Old Apr 06, 2011, 06:43 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:

Each cell of a LiPo is rated at 3.7 v per cell, thus a 3s LiPo is called a 11.1 v Pack. At peak voltage a 3s pack will be about 12.5 v. As the pack reduces in life, the peak voltage will drop, such as you're seeing in the one pack that has a peak of 11.6 v, fully charged. You can still use it, but just watch the voltage drop during use and don't let it get below a limit you want to tolerate. I'm nebulous here for everyone has their ideal low voltage limit. Some say 9.6, other say 11.

mAh is just that, the capacity of the battery, and will only suggest how long you can use the pack in the Tx in between charges.
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Old Apr 06, 2011, 06:45 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowboyearl View Post
Getting the 450D01. Where can i find an adapter to go from the battery to a deans connector or directly into my thunder A6 charger? Hobby Partz is back ordered.
Have you looked at Hobby King?
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:13 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,373 Posts
ViperZ.. Supposed to hit 70 degrees here this weekend. I hope you catch some warm weather too. How's the V450 doing with the new upgrades?
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:45 PM
Days w/o Incident : Zero
Tucson, AZ
Joined Sep 2009
362 Posts
Quote:

WELL DONE! Nice job on the flight and the fuse! It indeed is good to see a deliberate scale flight of this otherwise scary bird. And I also would love to see the landing gear actuate. The details on the fuselage are a 10/10.
desertflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by desertflyer1
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:15 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertflyer1 View Post

WELL DONE! Nice job on the flight and the fuse! It indeed is good to see a deliberate scale flight of this otherwise scary bird. And I also would love to see the landing gear actuate. The details on the fuselage are a 10/10.
Kudos to Urrl!

Desertflyer1, did you pick up on the "tamed down" settings posted a few pages back for doing practice manuevers? They really help a lot!
HeliGriff is offline Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Apr 07, 2011, 05:50 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
ViperZ.. Supposed to hit 70 degrees here this weekend. I hope you catch some warm weather too. How's the V450 doing with the new upgrades?
It is suppose to hit double digits by the weekend, about 10 C

The V450 is down at the moment, waiting for servos. Other than that it was flying great!
Old Apr 07, 2011, 07:45 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Ran thru 7 packs again this morning but noticed some screws loose on the upper shaft collar last night so I put some lock-tite on them. That used Blade SR battery at 11.6 volts I put in my 2801 pro Tx has dropped to 11.4 volts, not to bad I guess for a 35 minute flight session. What gets me is the weather was still perfect and windless at 73 degrees when I walked out of the park. Maybe I can get another session in later today.

Ok you know those two little bottles of fluid you put on screws and bearings that come with the TREX 450? I always thought one of them was an oil, namely the one for bearings; that's what froze my V450D01 main shaft and caused me much grief in repairs. Oh well, live and learn. I'm still new at this. I don't even know what D/R & EXP does, what's the difference between the two. On my rudder setting I have D/R at 100% and raised the EXP to 55% but it does not seem to make a lot of difference in slowing rudder control. What will D/R do if I lower it? I would really appreciate an explanation of these functions.
Last edited by urrl; Apr 07, 2011 at 08:10 AM.