SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:07 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
I have to cut in here and say the blade nano is a great mini heli. I have been super impressed with its ability to hit the house or playpark or grass or car, and just keep flying , with all heli you must be better than perfect with throttle hold , but for 189.00 its perfect little heli. I have a dx4 for sale .
I hope everyone else is doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTRC View Post
So in your opinion which small CP would be my best bet? Looks like the Mini CP has telemetry and I have a Devo 10. The BNF model is only $20 more then the Super CP.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:52 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I have to cut in here and say the blade nano is a great mini heli. I have been super impressed with its ability to hit the house or playpark or grass or car, and just keep flying , with all heli you must be better than perfect with throttle hold , but for 189.00 its perfect little heli. I have a dx4 for sale .
I hope everyone else is doing well!
I bought a nano as an impulse buy and as a 3D trainer I wouldn't recommend it, servo response is painfully slow... But as a toy, or an office flyer its pretty fun but I believe the mini cp is a little more stable,
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:44 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2013
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTRC View Post
So in your opinion which small CP would be my best bet? Looks like the Mini CP has telemetry and I have a Devo 10. The BNF model is only $20 more then the Super CP.
I have a Mini CP and a Super CP, and I like the Super much better, the motor is smaller, smoother and gives longer flight times. The Mini motor didn't last very long at all either and was replaced after only about 20 flights.
stevebtx12 is offline Find More Posts by stevebtx12
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:18 AM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebtx12 View Post
I have a Mini CP and a Super CP, and I like the Super much better, the motor is smaller, smoother and gives longer flight times. The Mini motor didn't last very long at all either and was replaced after only about 20 flights.
I will go with the Super sounds like you have done my homework for me Wow has them coming in on the 8th
WBTRC is offline Find More Posts by WBTRC
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:18 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,942 Posts
Walkera claims the Super's motor to be a new upgraded motor. I'm pretty sure it's still brush but it's supposed to be more power or something. Either way, brush motors are not expected to last much more than 50 flights or something. I was even told this about my V911. Though i had much more than 50 flights i think.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:

You may be backward, the Mini is brushless and the Super is brushed, its more likely the Super's motor that burnt out and the Mini that is giving more flight time due to the more effecient motor.

My vote is for the Mini... Brushed motors are yesterdays news lol.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
326 Posts
A brushless Mini for sure, mine was brushed, and the motor isn't nearly as smooth as the new brushed motor in the Super.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:08 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
A brushless Mini for sure, mine was brushed, and the motor isn't nearly as smooth as the new brushed motor in the Super.
You must of gotten a bad lot then, never heard of a properly setup brushless going out so quick.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Jan 2013
326 Posts
Re-read, it isn't brushless, mine are both brushed .
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:31 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,172 Posts
You just have to know how to manage the collective, and it does need a brushless motor but to get away from walkera completely is a perfcet heli, i had a v120 but the nano you can wreck over and over and still fly , still love it! And now they have the brushless mcpx. Doh,
I flew the hell out of the v450 ,its setup perfect now,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
I bought a nano as an impulse buy and as a 3D trainer I wouldn't recommend it, servo response is painfully slow... But as a toy, or an office flyer its pretty fun but I believe the mini cp is a little more stable,
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:04 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
You just have to know how to manage the collective, and it does need a brushless motor but to get away from walkera completely is a perfcet heli, i had a v120 but the nano you can wreck over and over and still fly , still love it! And now they have the brushless mcpx. Doh,
I flew the hell out of the v450 ,its setup perfect now,
My new servos got delayed. My V450 is sitting on the shelf waiting for their arrival. Hoping after that, all of the servo jitters and things will be gone and the tail will hold solid again. Just having the X5 to fly is a real bummer. It seems like the magic number for a lot of us is 3 reliable helis. But i have 5, 6 if you count the 2nd V450. It's probably time to down size. I still can't decide if i want to endeavor into a 700 class though. I keep coming back to the X2, just to have a decent little heli that i can fly in smaller, or more indoor areas. Like a sports hall or convention center. But it would totaly be awesome to have a X7 too.

But i did decide that i will probably outfit my second V450 with one of these:

But the bell 222 is appealing too. We will just have to see what happens.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
Hi IH,

I would recommend you to get the x7 and not the x2. I have a 250dfc and after the 550dfc, my 250dfc is on the bench all the time now. I don't even bring it out when i go flying anymore. The smaller heli is alot more sensitive as compared to the bigger ones and yet when you crash it, the damage would not be smaller than the big ones...if u get what i mean....the ratio of crashing the 250 than a normal 450 is way higher in my case....and cost for parts are nearly the same as the 450.....(apart from the blades, which are slightly cheaper)......

to me, the 250 is just like a crazy lil' bee flying around in really high speed which give s you very little time to think and respond....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:09 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
Hi IH,

I would recommend you to get the x7 and not the x2. I have a 250dfc and after the 550dfc, my 250dfc is on the bench all the time now. I don't even bring it out when i go flying anymore. The smaller heli is alot more sensitive as compared to the bigger ones and yet when you crash it, the damage would not be smaller than the big ones...if u get what i mean....the ratio of crashing the 250 than a normal 450 is way higher in my case....and cost for parts are nearly the same as the 450.....(apart from the blades, which are slightly cheaper)......

to me, the 250 is just like a crazy lil' bee flying around in really high speed which give s you very little time to think and respond....
It's actually not a 250, its a 300. It uses 255mm main blades. The same size as a 300X. Making it right in between a 250 and a 450. I'm also positive that the beastX on the X2 or Vbar vs the 250's 3GX. The X2 will fly better. But in fact the X2 costs quite a bit more to repair and buy than a Trex 250. If my 4f200/V200 hybrid was worth a damn i would be flying that in between flying my X5 and 450. Especially since i can charge the batteries for it in only about 10 minutes. I used to go out to the field (after the most recent 4f200 upgrades) and fly 9-12 packs on the 4f200, 4-6 packs on the X5, and about 6-7 packs on the V450BX. That would take me a good couple of hours at the field. I just can never get the 2702V to feel as nice in the wind. It feels like my V450 used to. Just tipsy and unstable. Sometimes i would go home, eat and relax for a while. Do some maintenance, charge them all back up and go back for another couple of hours. So there is room in my cycle for a 250. I just want one that flies better than my 2702 pile of junk. Maybe adding the beastX to the 4f200/V200 would make a big difference. I might end up giving that a go first. Because then at least i would own the microbeast already for the next heli.

The problem with going with a X7, is i can't foresee any viable way of getting that kind of money together for the kit. Let alone the motor, servos, RX and all the extra stuff i need like batteries. Buy the end of the build we're probably talking $2000. I mean, the Kit with just the motor and blades costs almost $1300, before shipping. So i would probably have to, very frustratingly, purchase the parts individually. Hunting down the right screws, bearings, washers, and other things i would need. Which most likely becomes even more expensive than the kit, in the long run, because the screws and bearings are so expensive as individual parts. The servos are approx. $160 each. Or if i go with torq outrage servos they are $140 each. Supposedly they are rebranded MKS servos, which is what i intended to get. It really gets up there in cost fast. Oh yeah also need to get a gyro and RX. So now we're talking about another $300 - $400 for a microbeast and a decent Spektrum RX with a couple of satellites.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
567 Posts
yes u r right IH. Initial cost would cost a lot more for the x7. What i'm trying to say is the 300 size heli parts are really a pain in the arse and expensive to maintain for even that small tiny size. this is because i fly with a guy that owns a 300x. the size of the blade is not a common size so he could only get edge, or the blade blades....which in turn is 2-3 folds of a pair of an align 325mm.....

but dnt get me wrong ih, just my opinion if i were u i would not get a 250 or 300 size heli. i would just stick with the 450....n the 450 flies a lot better.....as u already know bigger heli flies better....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:57 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
yes u r right IH. Initial cost would cost a lot more for the x7. What i'm trying to say is the 300 size heli parts are really a pain in the arse and expensive to maintain for even that small tiny size. this is because i fly with a guy that owns a 300x. the size of the blade is not a common size so he could only get edge, or the blade blades....which in turn is 2-3 folds of a pair of an align 325mm.....

but dnt get me wrong ih, just my opinion if i were u i would not get a 250 or 300 size heli. i would just stick with the 450....n the 450 flies a lot better.....as u already know bigger heli flies better....
Then the next option would be a X4 or something like a warp 360 or Alzrc devil 480. which has always been fairly appealing for me.