SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:42 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Out of no where the v450 swash was leaning to the left, a few twists of the ball link and went thru set up again , just needs a test , maybe now it will spin like a top. But my problem is bigger batteries also. I need a swash leveler bad.....
Good luck, crashed mine pretty good today. But i had a great day yesterday, and today. Until i hit the dirt a few times I think i have the v450 back up and running again too. Just have to give it a shot tomorrow and see. The 4f200 has been screaming lately! Really fun flights! It too is hopefully running well for tomorrow.


I have to upload some videos... But biggie, your going to hate me man....

I use this swash leveler.. It's only $6+ shipping and you need some washers on top of the swash, under the tool, to get the tool above the swash links. But it works and is cheap. It only needs about a 2mm lift or so.



http://helidirect.com/deluxe-swashpl...rt-p-10283.hdx
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:23 AM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,177 Posts
I love making the videos , but i dont fly enough to get better right now , i wish i had my cam on when the 600 went down , to figure out what happened,
Nice flying and stepping it up. I can piro flip out with the squirlly nano , but its different with that heli, you can wreck it 20 times a day! No damage , lol 30 mph winds coming in again today so bah hum bug.lol
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:52 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
V120D02S-XTR (V1) - Xtreme spin with 9T pinion (5 min 53 sec)


V450BX - Piro flip practice - Managed one full flip (4 min 24 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:54 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,177 Posts
Ok so i did a re setup and for got to zero things and put swash setting back to 80,80,80! And it messed everything up. Lol im still a rookie in the setup area. But i made it all better. I even re zeroed my elevator servo horm. I hear setup is everything so i took some time tonight and did things right , i bet i get a few more piros in now. The movement of this heli is so fast compared to the 600 , i need to tone it down .
I still dont have a swash leveler but it looks good.i hope everyone is doing well!
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:04 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Ok so i did a re setup and for got to zero things and put swash setting back to 80,80,80! And it messed everything up. Lol im still a rookie in the setup area. But i made it all better. I even re zeroed my elevator servo horm. I hear setup is everything so i took some time tonight and did things right , i bet i get a few more piros in now. The movement of this heli is so fast compared to the 600 , i need to tone it down .
I still dont have a swash leveler but it looks good.i hope everyone is doing well!
Sweet, sounds like you got it handled. Sorry i didn't reply to your PM sooner. I was outside painting my new 4F canopy. Then i had to lay down, i think the fumes got me. Going back to white on that one. Yellow stands out more but i don't need it to. I like white.

The gyro will level out what you don't, it really isn't a big issue with the 2702V. With the beastX or something you really should be as perfect as you can. Just get a level tool sometime when you make a order. I know you probably can't wait to get out with the 450 and 600 and shoot some vids. It looks like your daughter will be wanting to fly one of them before long too

Your right about the 450. It's flip and roll rates are pretty damn fast! Makes my X5 feel slow too.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:41 AM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,177 Posts
Crappy day for flying but there is still later , got some house pressure washing done, i will do a section a day for a while..... When time allows. I javnt turned her back on but yesterday the swash was movng fast at center stick and slower other times, what i Have wrong ?i have zeroed everything now, i want to fly now! Argh
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Crappy day for flying but there is still later , got some house pressure washing done, i will do a section a day for a while..... When time allows. I javnt turned her back on but yesterday the swash was movng fast at center stick and slower other times, what i Have wrong ?i have zeroed everything now, i want to fly now! Argh
did you maybe add negative expo on the cyclic instead of positive? Otherwise i'm not sure i know what else could be wrong.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Start off adjusting helicopter itself at gyro on heli,it will tame it down and give you a chance yo get use to control differences.I had the same problem,it seemed wild compared to my other other controllers.Adjust to the negative. Dave
Dave Hollenberg is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hollenberg
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:34 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
V450BX - Super windy 3D flips - 02-10-13 (4 min 18 sec)



V450BX - Super windy 3D flips 2 - 02-10-13 (4 min 12 sec)



At liftoff the heli was tilting to the left for some reason. Then would balance out and work fine. Very weird. the next flight after this the heli tried to tip right over to the left. Almost crashed. Got a blade strike on the foam which was enough to unbalance my blades slightly, some how. Very strange. It's all fixed now and i'm hoping the winds will die today a little bit... Not likely, according to the news.

The X5 just doesn't even notice there is wind most of the time. Till it gusts in over 25 mph. Then i get a a lot of up and down drafting.

Gaui X5 - Flight 182 - 3D in 20 mph winds (6 min 20 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:09 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,871 Posts
FYI... :-)

http://www.ehow.com/list_5942661_typ...ind-speed.html

Interesting... not _that_ much of a difference between the biggies and our models.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:36 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
FYI... :-)

http://www.ehow.com/list_5942661_typ...ind-speed.html

Interesting... not _that_ much of a difference between the biggies and our models.
That is pretty interesting. It's too bad Viking is off this thread and out with his Trex 250 & V200 or whatever it is these days. I'm sure he'd have plenty to say about it

Actually, it's probably a good thing he's got a v200 and 250 now.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:08 AM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Nice flying IH, I looked at some of your 4F200 from the other day too. Enough to make me give up. No, but I have been frustrated. We've been having such crappy weather up here that I can't even fly any more. There's been way too much snow, wind, and cold. Plus I crashed my D03 and just got through fixing it up.... (kind of) I feel like I'm making no progress in precision flying. I've never been so enamored with something that I'm so bad at. Kind of discouraging sometimes.. But anyway, just popping in to say hello,,, (not to complain! ) I'm compelled by unseen forces to pursue this thing til I can fly okay. Or at least do a decent figure 8!

You guys have a good night. I'll go back to my buddy Phoenix for now....
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:22 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
In my last few V450 videos, the heli was tipping to the left pretty hard. Some times harder than others. The whole heli felt less stable and something was definitely wrong. I thought it was my servos, so i took the heli home and opened up each servo one by one. I checked all the gears and shafts for damage and then i had to try to fix the potentiometer. Which was the cause of the servo "jitter". Now all of my cyclic servos move smooth again with no jitter. But the heli still tipped hard left right after take off when i test flew after work. I came home and found that other people have had this issue with BeastX gyros before. In my setup from the last scrape from the tipping. I ran the heli with no blades to check for vibes. The heli is running very true and there is not much abnormal resonance. I found one other person with the same issue as i do. No crash, just all of a sudden the heli is trying to tip left and it got worse and worse. He fixed his by removing the thick foam mounting pad and replacing it. Someone else i found said they switched to the thin 3M pad and have not looked back. So i went ahead and used some regular 3M mounting tape. I took off in my driveway and the heli felt really stable. No tipping. Buit the last time, when i fixed the servos, the heli also test hovered @ home fine. But at the field it wanted to tip left. Tomorrow i will see before or after work how the new mounting tape works out. Kind of weird the mounting pad would just one day be the cause. I'm skeptical, but hopeful.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:20 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
In my last few V450 videos, the heli was tipping to the left pretty hard. Some times harder than others. The whole heli felt less stable and something was definitely wrong. I thought it was my servos, so i took the heli home and opened up each servo one by one. I checked all the gears and shafts for damage and then i had to try to fix the potentiometer. Which was the cause of the servo "jitter". Now all of my cyclic servos move smooth again with no jitter. But the heli still tipped hard left right after take off when i test flew after work. I came home and found that other people have had this issue with BeastX gyros before. In my setup from the last scrape from the tipping. I ran the heli with no blades to check for vibes. The heli is running very true and there is not much abnormal resonance. I found one other person with the same issue as i do. No crash, just all of a sudden the heli is trying to tip left and it got worse and worse. He fixed his by removing the thick foam mounting pad and replacing it. Someone else i found said they switched to the thin 3M pad and have not looked back. So i went ahead and used some regular 3M mounting tape. I took off in my driveway and the heli felt really stable. No tipping. Buit the last time, when i fixed the servos, the heli also test hovered @ home fine. But at the field it wanted to tip left. Tomorrow i will see before or after work how the new mounting tape works out. Kind of weird the mounting pad would just one day be the cause. I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

Yesterday night I have set up the beastx using your precius info
after some normal difficult... first time with the bestx, I think the setting are now correct.

I had to change few parameter... I don't exaxtly know why as we use the same savox 257 on cyclic....
On point M swahplate sensor....I had to use reverse reverse e not normal normal....

On the tail instead my hitec servo need all different setting... but that was sure

Btw now I need only to controll again the last point the piroette ....I don't know if I set up correct... I just saw a youtube video and uderstand correct what should I do


And about the foam pad... I have used myself the thick foam....I have not tested the heli till now only little hover... so I can tell you if any problem... I think I will test saturday

Btw I can confirm you that on lots trex 450 people are moving from thick foam to the thin 3m pad and solve all the problem....
I don't know exactly why..... let me know

Thanks again for the help in set up
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:51 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm View Post
Yesterday night I have set up the beastx using your precius info
after some normal difficult... first time with the bestx, I think the setting are now correct.

I had to change few parameter... I don't exaxtly know why as we use the same savox 257 on cyclic....
On point M swahplate sensor....I had to use reverse reverse e not normal normal....

On the tail instead my hitec servo need all different setting... but that was sure

Btw now I need only to controll again the last point the piroette ....I don't know if I set up correct... I just saw a youtube video and uderstand correct what should I do


And about the foam pad... I have used myself the thick foam....I have not tested the heli till now only little hover... so I can tell you if any problem... I think I will test saturday

Btw I can confirm you that on lots trex 450 people are moving from thick foam to the thin 3m pad and solve all the problem....
I don't know exactly why..... let me know

Thanks again for the help in set up
Your servo setting is probably different because of your TX reverse settings.

The last step in setup for pirouette is pretty simple. You just hold the rotor and spin the tail of the heli. If the swash stays pointed the same direction around the circle with the tail. The setting is correct. If the swash moves around in all different directions, it is incorrect. Ron Lund does a great job of explaining and showing in his video what it should look like. Fast forward to 1:30 for the piro setup.

Microbeast V3 Steps M and N (2 min 20 sec)



I don't know the reason for my tipping to the left. But i have also found a few others switching to the thin pad too. The last time i tested my heli it hovered okay in my driveway. But at the field it was still tipping. I am leaving for work in a minute and will stop on my way to give it a test now with the thin mounting pads.

The strange part is that the heli flew okay till now using the thick pad. The only thing anyone or myself can come up with is that the materials used in the thick foam pad break down and allow vibes to come though. If the foam is allowing the BeastX to vibe around move over time. This would make sense, i suppose. Some people have blamed the weather and things. I don't know. But if you can keep the vibes out of your heli. The thin pads should be fine. When i fist did my original install. I didn't notice it at first. But my tail blades were slightly unbalanced, which sent the beastX into a wobble. It's been fine since fixing the tail blades and test hover with the thin pad did not give me any wobbles like before.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 08:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 12:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 07:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 05:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 04:20 AM