HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2011, 06:40 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Hey Stretch, how is that Typhoon Motor? Sounds good in the video!
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 09:01 AM
mSR,120SR,4G6S,UFLYS,1#A, v450d
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
Hi Kutyafal. Please share link. Tnx.
Here is the link to the swash tool:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-450-500-Class
kutyafal is offline Find More Posts by kutyafal
Old Mar 07, 2011, 10:58 AM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Hey Stretch, how is that Typhoon Motor? Sounds good in the video!
I like it so much I'm ordering one for my Creata and 60B. It runs real cool and is a drop in motor no modding required. Seems like I get more flight time to compared to stock motor.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 07, 2011, 05:14 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutyafal View Post
Here is the link to the swash tool:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-450-500-Class
Very nice! That looks like the one to own with it's adjustability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
I like it so much I'm ordering one for my Creata and 60B. It runs real cool and is a drop in motor no modding required. Seems like I get more flight time to compared to stock motor.
Sounds like a nice upgrade if no mods = longer run time
Old Mar 07, 2011, 08:11 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,499 Posts
Quote:
Hi Stretch, Wow is selling the Hiko 400 check it out on homepage
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Mar 07, 2011, 08:57 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Hi Stretch, Wow is selling the Hiko 400 check it out on homepage
I saw it a few days ago. Nice cf frame it has. I need to get a job before I buy another heli. I need to search for a job instead of tinkering with my helis ;-)
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Mar 07, 2011, 09:25 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,499 Posts
Quote:
I saw it a few days ago. Nice cf frame it has. I need to get a job before I buy another heli. I need to search for a job instead of tinkering with my helis ;-)
If you notice they are bring back some heli from a few years ago
Old Mar 08, 2011, 06:21 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
I'm Balancing my blades tonight in prep for the indoor weekend fly at the Golf Dome.. I'm so excited for it and can't wait to get some more stick time

I've charged and discharged my packs a few times just to get the hang of it :-)

There is so much to learn and think about here, at times it's overwhelming
Old Mar 09, 2011, 06:53 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
OK, was a long tough day at work, but it was all better when I came home to this

Turbo Ace 804 Supremo Thanks WOW!
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:55 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Here are some pictures of the Stock 3500KV WK-WS-26-001 along side of the Turbo Ace 804

Could anybody provide assistance to how to connect the Turbo Ace up? I ask for previously the Stock motor was connected to the ESC as:

Red - Red
Yellow - Black
Green - Blue

The Turbo Ace has Red/Yellow/Black...
Old Mar 09, 2011, 08:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
It does not matter how you connect the three wire, if the motor spin backward, swap two wire.

Nice looking motor..!!
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Mar 09, 2011, 08:48 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
It does not matter how you connect the three wire, if the motor spin backward, swap two wire.

Nice looking motor..!!
You know in the back of my mind I was thinking the same, Thanks!
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:50 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
The Turbo Ace installed relatively easy... The wires are longer and very stiff. The orientation of them exiting the motor is at about 11 O'clock when viewed from the top with the nose of the frame up. Being that the wires are very stiff, it was hard to align and locate the mounting bolts initially. However with a bit of fiddling about I was able to get them started even though the alignment of the bolts in the slotted mounts was cockeyed. Once in place I was able to slide the motor alignment in place and set up the gear lash. I then adjusted the new 11 tooth pinon to the correct height and locked it down in place. The motor does have 2 different spacings for mounting

Note: If you remember a while back, I broke one of my landing gear skid tubes. I ordered 2 full sets of replacements from WOW to have on hand. They came quickly however I noticed the plastic struts were not the same shaped as the originals. They did not have the same cut away for motor clearance. I had to remove the new struts in order to remove the stock motor. This would have not been the case had I had the original struts on. Because the Turbo Ace motor is physically longer in body length, it protrudes past the bottom of the main frame. So if you have these (new) struts, this motor will not fit. You could groove the struts, however they would weaken them.

OK, so the motor is installed and I'm ready to give it a test run. As Martin stated, the rotor head did not spin although the gear was spinning, I then stopped it, swapped the Yellow to Black, and Black to Blue. I proceeded to spin it up slowly, and the head was spinning correctly when all of a sudden a small cloud of smoke came from around the main frame. This really freaked me out and I stopped everything quickly!! I was scratching my head and wondering was my motor burning up already? Did I do something wrong?

Well, I had to solve this so I spun the motor up slowly again, well damned if another small cloud of smoke came up, and the smell of burnt electronics was in the air However this time I seen where it came from! It came form the factory bundling of the servo wires. It's funny as I had inspected the heli on previous occasions, I often though this bundle was sort of tight.

I suspect in the end the tightness cause a pinch short in the elevator servo wire. I unbundled the whole assembly and inspected all the wires. It seems the only one affected was the elevator servo. The Rudder had deep depressions in the coating, but other than that everything else looked fine. So not leaving this to chance. I split the elevator servo cord, cut it and re soldered it to ensure this weak point would not be catastrophic later on.

I re bundled the wires and and loosely zip tied them back to the frame. I plugged it all in again and everything seems to be working fine. Lets hope this is something I have prevented. Thinking about this some more, if I hadn't been benching it as I was, I could have been flying it this weekend, only to have the elevator servo short and fry in mid air.....

I'm not calling myself lucky just yet cause I'm sort of freaked right now...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:12 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Here are some pictures of the Stock 3500KV WK-WS-26-001 along side of the Turbo Ace 804

Could anybody provide assistance to how to connect the Turbo Ace up? I ask for previously the Stock motor was connected to the ESC as:

Red - Red
Yellow - Black
Green - Blue

The Turbo Ace has Red/Yellow/Black...
You probably nicked one of the wires it was to close to the motor thats what caused a short. Look at the wires an check
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:03 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
You probably nicked one of the wires it was to close to the motor thats what caused a short. Look at the wires an check
If you are referring to the servo wire, I suppose maybe.... However that was a bundle of wires crammed together in between the frame, away from where the motor was. In fact, I had to dig the bundle out to see the shorted wire as it was not readily visible... Still I suppose with me working on the Heli, it may have caused it