HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:06 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,967 Posts
Tail on the Tricopter with the 257 - same servo that we are using for V450 cyclics. It appears from a quick hover to be much better. Kudos to Savox once again!
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined Jun 2011
570 Posts
IH,

Went thru ur beastx settings. one thing i dont understand with the subtrim....you mentioned 'do not use subtrim on fbl gyro'....i have both 3gx setup with a lil sub trimming on the servos....will that cause any problem when flying....? i'm really nervous with this 3gx as i've only used it on the 250 and just started flying it on the 550e.....do not want to crash the 550e as everything is so expensive on this bird.....pls advise.... =)
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:51 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
IH,

Went thru ur beastx settings. one thing i dont understand with the subtrim....you mentioned 'do not use subtrim on fbl gyro'....i have both 3gx setup with a lil sub trimming on the servos....will that cause any problem when flying....? i'm really nervous with this 3gx as i've only used it on the 250 and just started flying it on the 550e.....do not want to crash the 550e as everything is so expensive on this bird.....pls advise.... =)
If i'm not mistaken you have to use subtrim with the 3gx to 90░ your servos. Beastx (and most other systems) you center them during the fbl setup, so you don't need to use the tx.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:29 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
If i'm not mistaken you have to use subtrim with the 3gx to 90░ your servos. Beastx (and most other systems) you center them during the fbl setup, so you don't need to use the tx.
+1, i don't know 3GX too well. If your supposed to use subtrim or have to use subtrim. It should be fine. Some people also use subtrim with the walkera gyros. Like the 2702V. It's not really an issue, i suppose. The gyro just reads any inputs like subtrim/trim like a user input. So, with some fbl gyros if you were to set elevator trim slightly forward to correct reverse drift, once inverted you will now have reverse drift from the forward elevator trim. Some gyros, like the WK gyros will read where you set your subtrims/trims at TX bind up. The gyro will register the set or "current" position of the trims/subtrims/sticks as the "center" position for gyro correction and travel. So using subtrims to center your servos is fine on WK gyros and i suppose 3GX works in a similar way? I really don't know 3GX. On the WK gyros i didn't ever waste my time with subtrims. I got the horns close as possible and just flew waiting for the next WK tail servo, cyclic servo, esc or RX to fail. No point wasting time getting things perfect when it wasn't ever my fault the heli crashed, right?
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:43 AM
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
You replaced your tail on what with a 0257? your 450? do you mean 1357? the 0257 is too small to fit the tail on the 450?

I will try to answer best i can, right off the top of my head for now. I grabbed my heli so i could check the status light for you.

1.) Yes, use standard receiver setup for your RX

2.) You can check the manufacturer's web site for the proper servo speeds and configuration for your servos. I left my microbeast on the default servo settings for mine except for menu "D", i'm pretty sure. For my Savox 0257 servos on cyclic and 1357 on tail, this is what i have, yours may be different since you have a different servo. But i think these settings should be okay for your tail servo too.

Setup menu "B" the status light is lit with a purple light (50Hz).

Setup Menu "C" the status light is lit with a blue light (1520Ás)

Setup Menu "D" the status light is lit with a flashing blue light (333Hz)

Setup Menu "E" you will have to configure on your own.

Setup Menu "F" the status light is lit with a red light (normal)

Setup Menu "I" the status light is lit with a red light (normal | reverse | normal). But yours may be different depending on TX reverse switches.

Setup Menu "M" the status light is lit with a blue light ( normal | normal )

Setup Menu "N" the status light is lit with a blue light (reversed)

3.) The pots. Leave them at stock location for now. Right in the middle.

4.) Servo centering. Yes, you would adjust the servos to exactly 90░ in setup menu "G". You would also select a servo (do not use reference position with the light out) and with a servo selected in menu "G", you would also setup your servo links to level your swash, level your swash follower and then zero your blade pitch. After that you proceed to next menu. NOTE!!: You might want to center your servos first, then press the setup button to move to the next menu, just to save your settings. Then reset the microbeast and re-enter setup menu "G" to proceed with leveling your swash, swash follower, and pitch linkages. This way you can power down the heli if you needed/wanted and not worry about loosing your servo centering settings.

5.) Swashplate mixing... DO NOT USE TX MIXING with the microbeast. All mixing is done inside the gyro. Set the gyro in setup menu "H" to use the default setting for 120░ swash mix.. The status light should be red.

6.) Swash plate servo directions, setup menu "I". This will depend on your servos and also on if you have any TX controls reversed.

7.) Gyro sensor directions. This is very important. You need to know how to check gyro sensors and what to look for when you hold the heli and move it in your hands while powered up. I think the microbeast manual has some good pictures that show what to look for. I provided my setup above, but you need to make sure you check your movement so you don't crash trying to take off.

8.) TX Settings. You will want to use a new blank model data on your 2801. You will also want to setup and use a fixed id with the 2801-pro RX. Otherwise the microbeast may initialize before the RX binds to the TX and your control channels will be VERY messed up. You will crash. The RX MUST bind before the gyro initializes. You want to set the new model data in your 2801-pro and name it something different (V450BX for instance). Then in the Func. menu, select the "SWASH" option/menu. You want to set the "SWASH" to 1servo norm. After that you want to go to the "MDSET" menu. I will now give you my 2801-pro settings from here..

Reverse: Switches 1,2,4, and 6 are in the UP (reverse position). All others are down (norm position)

Subtrim: All on 0. Do not use subtrims with a FBL gyro.

Travadj: Do nothing, all on 100%.

SWAATS: Do nothing, all mixing is handled inside the gyro.

GYRHLD/ GYROSENS: Position 0: 65%, Position 1: 70% 65% is plenty for tail hold on the microbeast. I use 70% on very windy days.

GYRHLD/ THROHOLD: Hold pos. : 0%

DR&EXP: Your preferences. Here is my setup, which you may or may not like. I use the position 1 mostly. But it depends on how windy it is and how sensitive i want my sticks. These are personal preferences, and not any specific "right or wrong" way of being set.

Elevator and Aileron position 0: D/R: 100% EXP: +70%
Elevator and aileron position 1: D/R: 80% EXP: +90%
RUDD: D/R: 100% EXP: +35% in both position 0 and 1 (toggled with TH switch)

CURVES:

Throttle Curves:
Normal: 0 - 40 - 80 - 90 - 100
ST-1: 90 - 90 - 90 - 90 - 90
ST-2: 100 - 100 - 100 - 100 - 100

Pitch Curves:
Normal: 40 - 45 - 50 - 75 - 100
ST-1: 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100
ST-2: 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100

PROGMIX: All off

FAILSAF: I have all set to INH

That should about cover it i think.

Thanks for the awesome help DD

End of week should recive the beastx and I will try to set up, than If I need any other help I will ask

You're awesome
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:42 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
V450BX - Pack 4 - 01-21-13 (4 min 19 sec)

V450BX - Pack 5 - 01-21-13 (5 min 18 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 147 (6 min 1 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 148 (6 min 13 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:43 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm View Post
Thanks for the awesome help DD

End of week should recive the beastx and I will try to set up, than If I need any other help I will ask

You're awesome
No problem, hope everything works out for you!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:36 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
All this flipping nose in , your killin me , great flying as always integrity, you flymso much i will never catch now, but

Correct me if im wrong, you can use subtrims in subtrim menu for leveling swash ,( i do ). But they say dont use the subtrims on the side of the sticks on tx, correct??
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:59 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
All this flipping nose in , your killin me , great flying as always integrity, you flymso much i will never catch now, but

Correct me if im wrong, you can use subtrims in subtrim menu for leveling swash ,( i do ). But they say dont use the subtrims on the side of the sticks on tx, correct??
Thank you, but I really only get to fly on the weekends now. i do have the luxury of being able to stay out for hours at a time though. having no kids or major obligations.

I'm a little confused about your question about subtrim though. Are you talking about with the 3GX or 2702? Also, are you talking about the subtrim menu in the TX vs the adjustments on the face of the TX?

If that is your question, then yes, you are correct. The subtrim menu is for subtrim. The adjustments on the face of the tx are "trims". Typically you would never use "trim" on a 3d heli using a gyro. But lots of people use subtrim to get setup correct. It is kind of why subtrim exists I think.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:26 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
Im talking subtrims in the menu, not face tabs, i just flew 16 little packs with the nano but i was to lazy to go fly the v450 , so maybe i need to start flying it out back, its just so small. Come on summer!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:28 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Im talking subtrims in the menu, not face tabs, i just flew 16 little packs with the nano but i was to lazy to go fly the v450 , so maybe i need to start flying it out back, its just so small. Come on summer!

Cold there right now? It's only cold here at night, and right now you can walk outside in shorts for sure. Maybe 50░ or something. Today was pretty warm here, your not that far away. so i thought the weather would be close to the same? I think it almost hit 80░ today.. I'm damn near in north Florida too. Those guys down in Miami must have been real toasty. This is my favorite time of year. After April or so, it's just miserable, disgusting, sticky, sweaty HEAT and bugs like crazy. All the way till October. October-March is the nicest weather in Florida, maybe anywhere. This is when all the events and things are planned for too. I dread the summer though. Spring is nice, but still kind of hot.

Didn't fix the 600 yet?
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:36 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
I haven't fixed my V450 d01 V2 yet either, too cold out. It has been in the single digits for the last two weeks & I doubt the batteries would last more than 2 minutes in those temps. The highs have been 23 degrees F.

I'll get it fixed one of these days.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:58 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,135 Posts
V450BX - #3 - 01-26-12 (4 min 42 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 150 (6 min 8 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 153 (6 min 12 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 154 (6 min 22 sec)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:59 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
600 parts come tomorrow, i will have my first set of spares for that heli,
I had 6 great flights with v450 yesterday , i turned up the balance delay and it was spinning like a top, but pitching up in forward flight , either way i put back to my normal,
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:25 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,283 Posts
Out of no where the v450 swash was leaning to the left, a few twists of the ball link and went thru set up again , just needs a test , maybe now it will spin like a top. But my problem is bigger batteries also. I need a swash leveler bad.....