Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
With the voltage of a LiPo you there is no danger, believe me, even with a 12s.
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
With the voltage of a LiPo you there is no danger, believe me, even with a 12s.
Partly true. The voltage will not hurt you, but if you short out the leads the current will go up to the max capability of the battery probably resulting in a fire, explosion, and other heat related damage.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:24 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Partly true. The voltage will not hurt you, but if you short out the leads the current will go up to the max capability of the battery probably resulting in a fire, explosion, and other heat related damage.
Thats correct, this would also burn your fingers when you hold the leads together
Critical Voltage for your heart starts at 120Volts dc when the current floats from one hand to the other for example (AC is getting critical at 50Volts)
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:25 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
good suggestion to change it to the other side of the boom IH. However, the tail will not hold at all, as if gyro is set down to 10%.....

someone did say on the v450d03 thread that wow hobby claims the walkera tail servos is one of the best in speed and quality and as good as the futaba.....but i really have no confidence on this servo.....

best thing i can do now is to start taking a log of each flight on this servo and see how long more it will last.....i suppose i will keep the ds520m for the alzrc fast mini goblin now.....
Well, the Walkera tail servo does perform pretty good. But "something" weather it was the actual tail servos or the 2702V rx/gyro. "Something" would cause them to burn out in short time.

As for your specific issue. Is it the blades or belt being backwards? The gyro won't hold and it can do what you have explained.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:29 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Well, DC voltage and AC voltage are different. I've been hit with both 110 and 220v AC. 220V will knock you across the room on your ass. But what he was saying about passing 25V DC though your body from one arm to the other. It's purely speculative, i'm sure. But it could stop your heart. Maybe. But the fire damage and damage to my tools is something i mainly avoid. I made the mistake of pulling out the charge leads to one of my 6S packs the other day and the 4mm male bullets lightly touched! OH NO!!! lol. Fireworks show! No damage to anything but the tips of my freaking $8 charge leads.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
I just edited my post.
Officially voltages over 120V DC a critical for your heart. AC 50V is the limit.

During my job-training to a radio and tv technican i had several time the "luck" to touch 220V AC or even a few KV from a TV.

As a test of courage, young and stupid as we had been, we took 2 wires to each hand and raised the voltage. The one with the highest Voltage won the game . Over 100AC it is very inconvenient
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:31 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,597 Posts
Flights from new years day.

V450BX - 01-01-13 - Flight 1 (5 min 7 sec)

V450BX - 01-01-13 - Flight 2 Nose in flips (5 min 2 sec)
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:19 AM
Joined Jun 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post

Hi, and good new year

Any news about dfc on v450 ? (I love that extetics)

And another info... I not fly 3d... at least for now... beastx will be a right upgrade for me, something that I can touch with my hand or only under 3d or hard style fly you can touch the difference ?

Maybe I can find one new align 3gx for 50€... will it work with walkera 2801 pro rx and tx ?

Thanks for all
lordw0rm is offline Find More Posts by lordw0rm
Last edited by lordw0rm; Jan 03, 2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:14 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
3GX will work with any standard RX including the 2801. I have a 250 DFC with D802 which is essentially the same as the 2801 (in rough terms at least).
Flies fine... at least until the servos overload the BEC...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:42 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm View Post
Hi, and good new year

Any news about dfc on v450 ? (I love that extetics)

And another info... I not fly 3d... at least for now... beastx will be a right upgrade for me, something that I can touch with my hand or only under 3d or hard style fly you can touch the difference ?

Maybe I can find one new align 3gx for 50€... will it work with walkera 2801 pro rx and tx ?

Thanks for all
For not doing 3D, you will be okay with 3GX. It will work with the 2801 pro rx. For no 3D the Walkera gyro is not so bad. But if you want to do reverse flight very stable and pirouettes too. Get a 3GX, the beastX is expensive and if you can afford it, it is probably a little better. You will not know the difference between 3GX and BeastX with how you fly right now though.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:36 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,597 Posts
Had a day with no wind. Imagine that. Really. Crazy still air. Never happens!

V450BX - 01-02-12 - 3D with no wind 2 (5 min 6 sec)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:24 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Main Shaft Question

I was wondering if I could bother someone for the diamater of the main shaft of the V450? I am working on a custom project and looking for parts. Thanks in advance.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:37 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
I was wondering if I could bother someone for the diamater of the main shaft of the V450? I am working on a custom project and looking for parts. Thanks in advance.
5mm main shaft. Same as the Trex 450.

Speaking of custom projects. I'm looking for a 250 class FBL rotor head for 2 blades that will fit a 4mm main shaft for my 4f200. I am not looking forward to using the V200D03 rotor head, even though it will fit and work great. The blade grips are for a 5mm blade root, like a 450 would have. So standard 250 blades won't fit the grips without spacers. It would also be great if someone knew a blade grip that would be compatible with the V200D03 rotor head, but will fit standard 250 blades.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:39 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Perfect! Thanks.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
i put on a ds525m (align tail servo) on the rx2702v yesterday, and the same thing happened to rx2703h-d where the tail would not hold and spin upon spooling up.....does anyone know why.....? i used to have ds520m on this 2702v and it worked fine.....could it be the settings? anyone had any problem like this before?
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong