SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:50 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Ya i hear that, the wind and rain finally slowed today , just enough to fly at least 15 packs in the nano but i didnt feel like going anywhere to fly the big boys, i did hit the house once, then i hit the ground and finally my landing gear broke its last time. i only have 2 more days of vacation left. maybe tomorrow! I hope the sim is making me better! But it gets boring on sim .
Great minds think alike. Those micros are good for crappy days and days you don't want to spend money crashing a big heli or driving out to a place big enough to fly one. I have been hitting the sim too. Our fairly close location gives us similar weather, but you've been getting more rain. I have not had all that much. Just lots of thick clouds. Some rain on Friday night though. Hoping tomorrow at least warms up a little bit. The problem i have with the sim is that i end up having to relearn things on my real helicopters because they "feel" different. But it does seem to help with constant practice and keeping sharp. It definitely helps speed the learning process up too. I went about a week and a half without flying. Then when i did i got all nervous, like i didn't know how to control the heli anymore. lol. So i hit the sim from time to time now to keep it fresh in my mind, so when i do get to go fly i don't need to "warm up" which is BS because i always need to "warm up". I'm not comfortable flying till about my 3rd or 4th pack and i become more focused and more comfortable as i go. Till i get tired, then it all drops off again. Kind of like anything, i suppose.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:04 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,967 Posts
Rain4LA,
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned, when you're changing the connectors on the battery, cut and solder only one side of the battery at a time!!!!! If you don't the batteries can short out, and you'll be having real fun with a fire extinguisher!
MItch
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:41 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Yeah, normally the large flash and the arc remind me of this everytime I forget... luckily I don't own anything requiring a 6S pack...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:02 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,345 Posts
From working as a professional on high and low voltage lines. Both as an unlicensed electrician and as a general communications/low voltage tech. I have ruined a few tools from arching. I once turned a pair of "nines" into melted goo on the floor from cutting into a 220 line.... Was lucky to be alive actually, but the handle was insulated and I always wear gloves so i got off easy! However the cutters became welded to the lines and i couldn't break it free. They just sat there and turned red and melted till one of the guys managed to cut the main breaker. Electricity is no joke. These 6S packs have enough juice to ruin your tools, for sure and enough amperage to really hurt or even kill you, possibly. Starting fires aside. You have to be careful not to short them out.

I imagine you were mainly talking about when you actually cut the leads?? Because if you cut them both at once you can expect a worthless pair of cutters real quick! Maybe a battery too! It will take a notch right out of the edge where both wires lay. Not fun when your using a $50 pair of cable cutters.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:10 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,345 Posts
V450BX - 3D Flight - 12-31-12 (0 min 0 sec)
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:29 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Wow!
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:18 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the info. I don't have everything I need yet to start soldering, but I'm definitely taking notes. I have lots of questions. I couldn't get on this forum for a day or 2 and I thought it was the website, but realized that it was my Google Chrome. I just switched over to IE and found that this is working over here.... Whatever...
So I'm really frustrated with my Master CP. I've gotten some advice on that forum - and some over here. It's too much negative pitch, and I'm confused on moving servo arms and things. I ordered a digital pitch gauge. I have a couple of levels, and I ordered a couple of smaller ones. I'm sure at this point that it's not the way that the Tx is programmed. I copied in exactly what a trusted source has posted that should work for all the smaller Walkeras. I also ordered a new main shaft because the locking collar seems like it's almost welded in place. I mean it will NOT move. I'm determined to learn and figure this stuff out. I've just realized that I've never really been able to fly this Master CP the way it's supposed to fly because the first time I took off, I stripped a servo (or 2) and broke the swashplate, etc. That was a couple of months ago - and since then, I've replaced the plastice gear servos with metal and some other things. I'm sure that the problem is in the set up of the servos and things. The swash doesn't seem to push up far enough to give enough positive pitch. It barely takes off and it feels like I'm flying a sack of rocks. When I hold it and throttle up, I can feel a huge negative push down, and barely any lift when I go up to 100%.
Anyway, that's enough of my rambling about my Master CP on a V450D01 thread. Any help is definitely appreciated. I'll pay it forward in the future when I know something!
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:38 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Rain4LA, posted info on the Master thread for you... hope it helps.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:37 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Rain4LA, posted info on the Master thread for you... hope it helps.
Thank you so much for the time and effort you put in to that. That's extremely helpful to me and very well-written.

I'll work on it tomorrow, but wanted you to know how much I appreciate.it. You guys are awesome.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
hi guys, got into another problem. any idea y the tail will go spinning on spooling up? the tail moves a lil to the right at the beginning and as I throttle up n adjust the tail, it just went out of control and spinner to the left. checked gyro working properly by moving swinging the tail.... do u know what's wrong....?
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:21 PM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
so i've replaced the original tail servo back and now it worked perfectly. Apparently, this new 6-axis gyro doesn't work with any other tail servos, which is really pissing me off. i have the cyclic changed to kds, which work well....now i just need to find a non-walkera tail servo and i'm all good to fly without any doubt that it will do some "unexpected 3d" mid-air!!
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:11 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
so i've replaced the original tail servo back and now it worked perfectly. Apparently, this new 6-axis gyro doesn't work with any other tail servos, which is really pissing me off. i have the cyclic changed to kds, which work well....now i just need to find a non-walkera tail servo and i'm all good to fly without any doubt that it will do some "unexpected 3d" mid-air!!
The Align/Savox tail servo was directly compatible with the 2702V and only needed to be reversed. Of course, the 2703H-D does not have a reverse switch. But you can mechanically reverse the tail servo to the other side of the boom. I don't know if this will work, but it should if the stock tail servos are still the same model.

My experience with "cheap" servos is that their life span is pretty short and sometimes don't show any signs of warning before failure. The Walkera and Fusonic servos I've tried all ended up dieing in the air.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
I think the stock walkera tail servo is a good one, they normaly only die when you did not setup the correct travel-range.
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
The Align/Savox tail servo was directly compatible with the 2702V and only needed to be reversed. Of course, the 2703H-D does not have a reverse switch. But you can mechanically reverse the tail servo to the other side of the boom. I don't know if this will work, but it should if the stock tail servos are still the same model.

My experience with "cheap" servos is that their life span is pretty short and sometimes don't show any signs of warning before failure. The Walkera and Fusonic servos I've tried all ended up dieing in the air.
good suggestion to change it to the other side of the boom IH. However, the tail will not hold at all, as if gyro is set down to 10%.....

someone did say on the v450d03 thread that wow hobby claims the walkera tail servos is one of the best in speed and quality and as good as the futaba.....but i really have no confidence on this servo.....

best thing i can do now is to start taking a log of each flight on this servo and see how long more it will last.....i suppose i will keep the ds520m for the alzrc fast mini goblin now.....
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:22 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
Quote:
From working as a professional on high and low voltage lines. Both as an unlicensed electrician and as a general communications/low voltage tech. I have ruined a few tools from arching. I once turned a pair of "nines" into melted goo on the floor from cutting into a 220 line.... Was lucky to be alive actually, but the handle was insulated and I always wear gloves so i got off easy! However the cutters became welded to the lines and i couldn't break it free. They just sat there and turned red and melted till one of the guys managed to cut the main breaker. Electricity is no joke. These 6S packs have enough juice to ruin your tools, for sure and enough amperage to really hurt or even kill you, possibly. Starting fires aside. You have to be careful not to short them out.

I imagine you were mainly talking about when you actually cut the leads?? Because if you cut them both at once you can expect a worthless pair of cutters real quick! Maybe a battery too! It will take a notch right out of the edge where both wires lay. Not fun when your using a $50 pair of cable cutters.
Yes ,thats one thing i learned the hard way to . When i was an apprentice In the E Union. It happened I wont believe anyone unless i check it myself . My first lineman's , I keep them as a reminder .

D/C is very powerful , dont let the current go from one arm across the heart to the other arm . if you let the current pass between one finger to the other finger on the same hand it wont hurt , do it to the other hand and you could die , so really be careful with the lipos when soldering
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 01:40 PM.