Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:36 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
My apologies.
I looked through your build log, but couldn't find a diagram like that.
I did find a description of how to twist the belt. I think it said, "1/4 turn clockwise".

Anyway I think we beat the hell out of that dead dog. Time to move on to the next problem.

Has anyone found any longer downlinks?
I'm still looking for even stock sized for the pitch bars. You know, just the bars. Since those are all i ever loose and i have a handful of the cyclic bars. How long do you want them? Check out Da Vinci Turnbuckles. I don't know their diameters, but they come in quite a few lengths and turnbuckles have higher resolution pitch adjustment, meaning you can move them in smaller, more refined increments at a time. Which is nice since i can't ever get both blades right on 0.

Well, i did it. I just bought a microbeast for the lucky one of my V450s that will get it installed. Paid $163 including shipping, pretty good deal.. Now i have to hunt down a remote receiver for my DX8. I don't suppose anyone has a spare one just laying around?
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 22, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:22 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Well, I don't know which tx you have, but both the 2801 and the Devo rx seem to be bullet proof to me. It appears to be the 3 axis gyros that everyone complains about. I don't do 3d, so I've never had a problem.
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:28 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
How did you get a uB for that price???
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,622 Posts
@IH
Thanks for the tip on Da Vinci Turnbuckles, I'll check it out.

Can you upgrade FW on the AR7200BX?
The latest version, I beleive is v3 which is supposed to eliminate vibration problems?
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:17 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
I got the uBeast used on ebay from someone that had it installed on a X2. You can find people all the time on ebay selling "used" or actually "new" microbeast. They just wanted to put something else in there they already had or whatever the case. I've been seeing them for a while. This one i bought does not come with a manual, wires or anything like that. It only comes with the adaptor for the spectrum remote receiver. Which is the RX i will be using with the uBeast. No RX to gyro wire up for the servos and things. Nice and clean wiring.

Yes, version 3 of the BeastX has offered big improvements to the BeastX system. LUCKILY, Spektrum released the AR7200BX with the version 3 BeastX. So for now it is exactly the same as the Microbeast v3. Except for the fact that, NO, it cannot be updated as far as i know, should BeastX release a new firmware, Spektrum being the MFG of this unit, they will be responsible for weather or not the device is able to receive the update. At this point, i don't think it can be updated at all, hardware restriction. But i could be wrong. I found someone saying online that the updated will be available later. But the Spektrum product is based on the BeastX 3.0.8. However the Spektrum firmware is different. This is the main reason i decided to go with the uBeast over the AR7200BX, Oh and the 7200BX costs quite a bit more, even used. At least at the time.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Yes, version 3 of the BeastX has offered big improvements to the BeastX system. LUCKILY, Spektrum released the AR7200BX with the version 3 BeastX. So for now it is exactly the same as the Microbeast v3. Except for the fact that, NO, it cannot be updated as far as i know, should BeastX release a new firmware, Spektrum being the MFG of this unit, they will be responsible for weather or not the device is able to receive the update. At this point, i don't think it can be updated at all, hardware restriction. But i could be wrong. I found someone saying online that the updated will be available later. But the Spektrum product is based on the BeastX 3.0.8. However the Spektrum firmware is different. This is the main reason i decided to go with the uBeast over the AR7200BX, Oh and the 7200BX costs quite a bit more, even used. At least at the time.
Can the FW be updated on the uBeast?
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:00 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2012
197 Posts
Walkera V450D01

I've been flying fixed blade for quite a while now and would like to purchase
this chopper...

At the same time I would like to purchase some parts that wear/break.

Can anyone advise me which I should look at buying?

Thx

Valerio
166Valerio is offline Find More Posts by 166Valerio
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:31 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Can the FW be updated on the uBeast?
Yes, with optional or sometimes provided USB adaptor. If you buy the Ubeast new, some of the packages come with it. When it comes on a kit, like the X5, it does not come with the USB adapter usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 166Valerio View Post
I've been flying fixed blade for quite a while now and would like to purchase
this chopper...

At the same time I would like to purchase some parts that wear/break.

Can anyone advise me which I should look at buying?

Thx

Valerio
Well, if you know how to fly the V450D01 airframe is pretty tight. Most of the parts are WAY over priced because you have to buy whole assemblies instead of the exact part you needed. In fact in most cases Align 450 pro repair parts are cheaper. Since Walkera only sells the rotor head and main gears in full assembly, not individual parts. That gets expensive and ends up piling up parts you never use. I do however love my two V450D01s. But they are completely overhauled and redesigned with new electronics. I even have new gyros on the way.

But if you want the real skinny on the V450D01, the "new" version. Things to buy extra would be, servos for one. The stock V450 servos can have as little as 5 hours of service life on them before they smoke, if your lucky longer. If you live in a hot climate, possibly even less time.. Thats if you don't crash them first. The tail servos are pretty random and seem to be fairly "hit or miss". They are pretty durable in a crash though, some times. The ESC in a hot climate is also fairly questionable, because the ESC and motor both run very hot. The motor is likely to sheer it's own shaft at some point too with all the heating and cooling going on. OH, BTW, the "new" v450D01 comes with the 2703H-D RX, so you cannot upgrade to Align/Savox servos with that RX. Because it does not allow you to reverse the gyro control of the heli.

The airframe is pretty nice on the V450D01, if you upgrade the ESC, Motor, most importantly the servos and the RX might need to go too at some point. I myself just put in my final order for a BeastX for my V450 to replace the 2702V that tends to loose signal to the TX regularly for a fraction of a second. Not all Walkera RX/gyro combos are created equal though. The V450D01 is not so cheap in the long run. It's actually MUCH more expensive than an Align over the long haul. Because Align electronics have longer service life and are less likely to fail due to poor quality control. When you need the parts for the rotor head or main gears, they are sold individually.

Oh, and here is my proof of personal in depth research. Unfortunately for me, this isn't even half of the total ruined parts. Some of these are from another heli too.

All i can honestly say is that the V450D01 will fly. It will fly nice too, when it's flying. But god help you after your first crash. The words typically used is "Snowball effect"
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 23, 2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:53 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
I cant wait to hear how it will piro with new rx. / gryo.
If it spins perfect i may have to upgrade my v450 this year. I would have to go with 3gx of coarse, but i need my 450 to piro better.
Have i asked if the 2702rx can be used as just a rx and then buy a gryo??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I'm still looking for even stock sized for the pitch bars. You know, just the bars. Since those are all i ever loose and i have a handful of the cyclic bars. How long do you want them? Check out Da Vinci Turnbuckles. I don't know their diameters, but they come in quite a few lengths and turnbuckles have higher resolution pitch adjustment, meaning you can move them in smaller, more refined increments at a time. Which is nice since i can't ever get both blades right on 0.

Well, i did it. I just bought a microbeast for the lucky one of my V450s that will get it installed. Paid $163 including shipping, pretty good deal.. Now i have to hunt down a remote receiver for my DX8. I don't suppose anyone has a spare one just laying around?
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I have a 2801 PRO and a BNIB RX-2608 that will not bind. I did the memory clean on the RX and seems to have cleared. What do I do after that unplug it and try binding again right? Because that is not working. I figured one of you guys may know how to get it to work. I have another one that binds just fine with that model memory.
Thanks for your help guys!
I tried changing the protocol to 2601. That didn't work either. Any other ideas guys? I think it may be a bad one I got.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I tried changing the protocol to 2601. That didn't work either. Any other ideas guys? I think it may be a bad one I got.
I think so too. It's pretty bad if you can't get it to do anything.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
I know this may sound silly, but did you try to reverse the servo leads on the throttle? Every time I can't get an rx to boot, I try it. You'd be surprised, I get it wrong all the time....
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
I know this may sound silly, but did you try to reverse the servo leads on the throttle? Every time I can't get an rx to boot, I try it. You'd be surprised, I get it wrong all the time....
I tried different leads yes but just one. I can see I have the esc lead or throttle clearly. It is also marked 3. It is a plane actually. Thanks for the help!
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
572 Posts
so i've got the kds n290 servos and put them on....works perfectly with the new walkera rx taht some might concern bcoz it hasn't got a reverse switch on it.....the kds servos move in the same direction as the original servos....n DO NOT GET HOT so far.......
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
so i've got the kds n290 servos and put them on....works perfectly with the new walkera rx taht some might concern bcoz it hasn't got a reverse switch on it.....the kds servos move in the same direction as the original servos....n DO NOT GET HOT so far.......
i am also using the kds n290 for a while, no problems so far :-)
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany